• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
artredis1980, listen to me very carefully:

NO ONE HERE KNOWS FOR SURE WHAT WILL HAPPEN, BUT WE ARE OPTIMISTIC OBAMA WILL WIN.

STOP OBSESSING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER AT THIS POINT.

STOP DISSECTING EVERY PIECE OF NEWS AND/OR POLL THAT SENDS RIPPLES INTO THE WATER AND CAUSES YOU TO DOUBT THINGS.

That is all.

Blackface

Banned
canada.gif

LCGeek

formerly sane
Cloudy said:
GOP's problem is that they are too undisciplined to stay with one attack. Every day it's a different smear and so far it looks like people are just blocking it out..

Blame Mccain for that. Had rove been in charge from day 1 this wouldn't have ended up like it is now as the GOP machine and base would be far more energized despite the obvious link to bush.

Is obama trotting out the fact the cheney endorsed Mccain anymore at rallies?

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Guys just want to say that this has been an awesome election. Even though I hardly post in here I have read the majority of the threads that was posted..crazy eh. Never been involved in politics but there is something in Obama that different and he drew me in. By reading PoliGAF it kept me inform on some issues and peaked interest to researched other which I thought I would never do. This is a historic election and proud to be part of it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Trax416 said:

IAWTP

On a related note, if Obama gets elected and comes to Ottawa to meet with Harper, I'm definitely going over to parliament hill to see him, no matter what classes/tests/exams I have going on that day :D

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I wish I had a TV show like Chris Matthews, except tomorrow I'd be broadcasting that shit like it was a god damn excerise informercial. I'd be out of the chair, screaming at the camera VOTE MOTHER FUCKERS and lighting firecrackers, all kinds of wild shit. I'd launch myself out of a cannon into a pile of ballots, i'd do it real big.

Marvie_3

Banned
artredis1980 said:
MN: Obama 49, McCain 46 (SurveyUSA-10/30-11/1)

McCain within 3 in Minnesota!!! I thought this was a Obama safe
Minnesota IS a lock for Obama. The only somewhat populated place where the McCain support is close to Obama's is right here in central MN(yes, the district that elected Bachmann....). Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the suburbs will more than cancel that out.

Tamanon said:
24g7o2f.jpg

Have a laugh folks!
:lol :lol I love those comics

Cloudy

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks the Aunt story could have been disastrous if it had dropped like a week ago? Hell, I'm still kind of worried about it now since Couric brought it up in an interview with Obama that airs tomorrow..

Sharp

Cloudy said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Aunt story could have been disastrous if it had dropped like a week ago? Hell, I'm still kind of worried about it now since Couric brought it up in an interview with Obama that airs tomorrow..
Yes, you are.

Tamanon

Banned
Cloudy said:

Nah, it's not someone he knows, it feels like a dirty story, plus it puts a face on the immigration debate. Drudge already dropped it for Coal instead, that's how important it is!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cloudy said:

Even if it was relevant (it's not), there are no news cycles left. The last news cycle is McCain conceding defeat on SNL the weekend before the fucking election.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Evlar said:
I'm writing a song. The title is Fuck Ohio. Give me some ideas for lyrics.
Ohio sucks
Ohio sucks
Ohio suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckspleasesuceedfromtheunionsowecanaquireIcelandOhio sucks!

Tamanon

Banned
Final WSJ/NBC poll

O 51
M 43

Shocker.

Fully 58% of those polled said they would be optimistic and confident or at least satisfied and hopeful if Sen. Obama were to be elected, compared to 46% who said that about a McCain victory. The Obama figure exceeds President Bush's on the eve of his twin victories and Bill Clinton's level just before he was re-elected.

Woo negative campaigning!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Gruco said:
Probably the full effect of the infomercial bumb + early voting turnout adjustments.

Honestly, going into this thing way back like most people I expected Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, and the demographic clusterfuck known as Florida to be competitive. But I honestly in NO WAY expected the map to be expanded to the extent it is today.

Chuck Todd mentioned that the Republicans should basically start using MI and CO as experiment pools to figure out a way to get a grip on the rust belt and the southwest. But what's great is that Obama's large baseline of support has shown another battleground that probably otherwise would not have emerged for a few years: The New South / South Coast. It's not just NoVa anymore, as time goes on the GOP is also eventually going to have to find a way to neutralize ATL and the research triangle.

Actually, this is one of the parts I really like about 538: the demographic analysis and regional groupings are also great for identifying areas becoming more effective.

Also, award for best post in the midterm thread goes to StoOge

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4789023&postcount=1088

How was I not banned for that thread? I remember drinking heavily that night and then things went very well out of nowhere. That entire thread was StoOgE in rare form...

StoOgE said:
COME ON ST LOUIS.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beat the rest of your state into submission.

StoOgE said:
WERE NOT OUT OF THIS YET YOU ****ING BASTARDS.

VIRGINIA is still in play.. Montana looking good. Tennessee looks bad... its all about Mizzou. COME ON ST LOUIS!

StoOgE said:
VIRGINIA BITCHES!

Please, keep konex the **** away from this thread.

QUOTE]

Also, my uncanny premonition:

StoOgE said:
Your president is a ****tard. Congrats on controling that branch of government.

for two years..

THEN ITS OBAMA TIME.

StoOgE said:
Its looking VERY VERY VERY good for the dems. Missouri and Montanta look pretty Democratic right now.. they've got the lead currently, and the democratic precincts are the ones that are still outstanding. Hard to pick up votes outside of your base.

Virginia is currently Webb.. almost all the votes are in, and the ones outstanding are heavy democratic.. 30K in a SUPER blue area.

Howard Dean deserves some mad mad mad props. Did a great job.. now just get Obama not Hilarry to run for preisdent. He's much more electable.

If I haven't said it before I also want to send an internet thanks to guys like Frag and Incognito and the others who've done a lot of hard work on the ground game. I really admire you guys.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Stoney Mason said:
One of my earliest posts on Obama.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4605110&postcount=168

I took a rather interesting route since supporting Hillary on this board was essentially like supporting evil incarnate. If it all comes down as it should on Tuesday I'll be proud of my country for the first time in awhile. Probably since we started our BS adventure into Iraq.

TRADER!!!!!! I've always been proud of my country!

ezekial45

Banned
SecretDestroyer said:
I just got back from my legal observer training.

2evwz1k.jpg

The Obama campaign will have a total of over 1,500 lawyers and law students at various polling places in Missouri on Tuesday.

Are there as many people in other states doing the same?

Cloudy

Banned
Tamanon said:
Nah, it's not someone he knows, it feels like a dirty story, plus it puts a face on the immigration debate. Drudge already dropped it for Coal instead, that's how important it is!

Obviously it's not someone close to him or anything but it still looks bad. I'm glad they're pushing this idiotic coal story though. Like the miners unions aren't behind Obama :lol

TDG

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Ohio sucks
Ohio sucks
Ohio suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckspleasesuceedfromtheunionsowecanaquireIcelandOhio sucks!
Dudes, save it until after Ohio gets called for McCain, if that even happens. I've been trying to avoid getting my hopes up, but I'm starting to not be able to avoid the hopium.

Stoney Mason said:
If I haven't said it before I also want to send an internet thanks to guys like Frag and Incognito and the others who've done a lot of hard work on the ground game. I really admire you guys.
Same here. I worked for the Kerry campaign in '04, and it's hard work. I feel bad that I couldn't help Obama (outside of sending him a shitload of money,) but it's great to see others doing so. Thanks guys.

~Kinggi~ said:
they have some mighty fine editors/filmmakers working for them.
Hollywood Libruls amirite

But I believe Davis Guggenheim is doing a lot of these spots. I know he was the director of the 30 minute infomercial.

He was the director of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" doc.

Evlar said:
I'm writing a song. The title is Fuck Ohio. Give me some ideas for lyrics.
Give us some idea of what sort of rhyming pattern you want to use.

Having said that, during the primaries, when Ohio went to Clinton, there was someone on PoliGAF with an avatar that just had a picture of Ohio with the caption: "Worst. State. Ever." So:

Chorus:

Ohio!\
Worst. State. Ever.\
Every election\
You make your selection\
And it's always turns out wrong\
When the chips are down\
You never fail to astound\
And vote Re-pub-li-can!\
So fuck you Ohio!\
Worst. State. Ever.\

Verses: