• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
hthhkj.jpg

Shit
35mmqg5.jpg

Despair
1zvy4qr.jpg

Sharp

CabbageRed said:
For the first time in years, I cannot find my wallet. Obama is going to lose and it will be my fault. :(

Of course, I could sell myself on the idea that voting for McCain is the way to go, which would mean that my lost wallet would be a lost vote for McCain. The future me that will be trying to vote for McCain will be dissapointed, but the present version of me that wants to vote for Obama will be releaved. What happens if Future Me decides on exicuting the same plan but in reverse? I will once again end up wanting to vote for Obama but be again have my hands tied. Choices.
Find your wallet and you'll be free from this dilemma.

Tim-E said:
GOOOOOOOOO. Tell your mom you're having a sleepover at your friend's Barry's house.

It would take a nuclear war to get me not to go. I have a ticket to the event, so I'm really fucking excited.

Kildace

lawblob said:
Something to remember about undecided voters.

Historically, 50% of undecided voters DON'T ACTUALLY VOTE! Even if McCain brings in a high % of the undecideds, you have to cut that number in half, because 50% of undecideds don't actually cast ballots.

They are undecided the day of the election for a reason, they are dopes who don't actually plan on voting.

Especially when it rains and there's an hour + waiting time.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
+1 for Obama from Lafayette, Indiana. wooo.

JaMarco

Tobor said:
VA will be called for Obama by 8PM. Then there won't be enough chicken little shit in the world to derail GAF.
we'll pretty much be able to tell whos winning early when VA comes in /

Xisiqomelir

CabbageRed said:
For the first time in years, I cannot find my wallet. Obama is going to lose and it will be my fault. :(

Of course, I could sell myself on the idea that voting for McCain is the way to go, which would mean that my lost wallet would be a lost vote for McCain. The future me that will be trying to vote for McCain will be dissapointed, but the present version of me that wants to vote for Obama will be releaved. What happens if Future Me decides on exicuting the same plan but in reverse? I will once again end up wanting to vote for Obama but be again have my hands tied. Choices.

You dropped it in your sock drawer.

OK guys, I am bailing out of this thread for the rest of the day. I will check in with you all either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Try not to panic, be confident and tell everyone you can to get off their asses to vote. I'll see you all on the other side.

RiskyChris said:
Is anyone going to Chicago today? My mom is freaking out about my going.

I'm 22, let me live a little, ma.
Yeah I'm going, I don't have a ticket though, but it's okay because Mayor Daley said I could come.

Should be awesome.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
CabbageRed said:

You don't need your wallet to vote.

Depending on your state, a bill with your name on it, passport, birth certificate, student ID, pretty much anything can be used to ID you.

You not voting is a sign of your own personal weakness. No excuses.

it's kind of annoying how people wanna give credit to McCain for doing shit he supposed to do. Like he should be so proud of doing shit he supposed to do. "He should get credit because he didn't bring up race in his campaign". You not supposed to bring up race you dumb motherfucker! What you want a cookie?!?

/chris rock

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
ViperVisor said:
Yes
http://i34.tinypic.com/hthhkj.jpg[IMG]

Shit
[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/35mmqg5.jpg[IMG]

Despair
[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/1zvy4qr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You're missing like...two more emotions I want.

Excited and Topless.

Preferably topless as the most important of emotions.

dude

dude
Following the elections closely, Israeli media seems to be very pro-Obama, I'm a bit surprised actually! But well, most of the people I talk to over here seems to be pro-Obama.

Thought you guys would like to know since we're costing you so much money.

Barrett2

I love it, I am seeing Obama t-shirts all over campus today! The HOPIUM will soon be flowing through the streets, my friends!!

Sharp

Case said:
we'll pretty much be able to tell whos winning early when VA comes in /
Not necessarily. There are a fair number of reasonably likely scenarios in which Obama could lose it and still win. It's more that if McCain loses it we'll know he's lost.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Went to the local polling station, a small elementary school, around 7:45AM before work. There were people there but it wasn't really too crowded. Went to the front desk, the woman told me what table to go to to vote, so both my mom and I went over there, and voted (both Obama obviously). We didn't have to wait at all, we were in and out in a few min. I remember the 2004 election having a bigger, more hectic turnout. It was actually pretty anticlimactic this morning.

+1 Obama, New York

GaimeGuy said:
God i'm pisssed.

FOUR FUCKING SOURCES that told me information contrary to the election judge at the front of the line.

*goes to get a copy of his rent statement*

You look kind of young and liberal to me.

harSon

Banned
God's Beard said:
+1 Alan Keys in Central Cali

No on 4
No on H8
Yes on bitchin' high speed railway to the bay

I just guessed on everything else

I think you may have picked the wrong Black man.

Grug

Why are lines so long in US elections?

I've never had to wait longer than 2 minutes in Australia, and we have compulsory voting.

AstroLad said:
it's like sports-talk radio. someone always has to take the dumb position just to attract listeners.

In retrospect, she’s not happy about it, because she didn’t think that she was required to show enough documentation– and, although she still is solidly behind the candidate for whom she voted for president, she has since changed her mind on one of the local issues for which she cast a ballot. On that issue, even though today is Election Day, it's not Election Day for her– her vote is gone, and she can’t get it back.

“Absentee voting if you‘re going to be out of town, yes,” she said. “Early voting, no. You shouldn’t be able to vote early just because you want to– it changes the campaign. It changes the meaning of Election Day.”

Dumbest women in America.

ToxicAdam

I went in today and didn't see any Wii's on any store shelves. Meanwhile, there were PS3's stacked to ceiling.

Sorry, all these antecdotal election day reports are giving me console launch flashbacks.

APF

Cheebs said:
I am not nervous. Obama is going to win in a landslide. That post was sarcasm kiddo. I thought you realized that when you said faux-chicken little?
This.

Obama++

Sharp

ToxicAdam said:
I went in today and didn't see any Wii's on any store shelves. Meanwhile, there were PS3's stacked to ceiling.

Sorry, all these election day reports are giving me console launch flashbacks.
While obviously we know that the plural of anecdote is not data, we still want to feel like we know what's going on.

Grug said:

I've never had to wait longer than 2 minutes in Australia, and we have compulsory voting.

Because Americans have a fatal flaw of thinking the way we do things is always perfect and never needs to changed or updated to reflect changing times.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Grug said:

That.

GUYS WOOHOO I KEPT WAKING UP LAST NIGHT
TIME TO GOTV GOGOGOGO

GEORGIA I BELIEVE IN YOU

ToxicAdam

Why are you Obama voters voting today? Didn't you get the memo that you were supposed to show up on Nov. 5th, due to the expected high turnout?

ToxicAdam said:

Sorry, all these antecdotal election day reports are giving me console launch flashbacks.

There is nothing else to do but share voting stories and watch for the results. It is what it is.

Grug said:

Voting stations are run by idiotic old people who don't know how to use computers and the computers don't work right anyway. Oh and the districting is the height of asshole gerrymandering forcing people into far too crowded polling stations.

Grug said:

You live in a tiny country? It isn't like this everywhere, it's justs that it's difficult to judge when certain areas will have a large influx of new voters which leave some places unprepared.

tetsuoxb

I voted absentee in Florida from Japan, but my grandmother in Florida had her ride to the polls fall through.

One call to the local Obama office and they are picking her up and taking her to the polls in 5 minutes.

That's the ground game in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom