• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odinson

+1 For Obama in FL. +1 for No on Amendment 2

This is my first time voting and I was really excited. The wait wasn't that bad, a little less than an hour.

ZeroTolerance

lawblob said:
More of an Ann Coulter man, ehh?

storyvert.coulter.ed.gi.jpg

108246.jpg

Plus one for Obama here in Georgia. There were about 200 people in line in front of me at 6:40 AM and it took an hour and 20 minutes.

I have a shaved head and there was a high concentration of rednecks at my polling place in Kennesaw. Several of them were making fun of a black person (who looked exactly like Randy from American Idol) and they were guessing who people were voting for based on how they looked. They looked at me and said, "I know we got your vote son!!!" and were very disappointed to learn that I was "betraying the white race". I explained my reasoning as "Harvard Graduate vs. 854th out of 859" and they didn't seem to understand. This, evidently, "ain't" proof that "the darky's smarter than McCain". I love the south, could do without the "Ignorant & Proud" way of life.

I fully support a requirement that people must pass an intelligence test before being allowed to vote.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well, Wall Street is staging a bit of an election-day rally. I guess after the huge release of Palin's medical records and her complete exoneration yesterday they finally have the confidence that America will make the RIGHT choice.

Mango Positive said:
Plus one for Obama here in Georgia. There were about 200 people in line in front of me at 6:40 AM and it took an hour and 20 minutes.

I have a shaved head and there was a high concentration of rednecks at my polling place in Kennesaw. Several of them were making fun of a black person (who looked exactly like Randy from American Idol) and they were guessing who people were voting for based on how they looked. They looked at me and said, "I know we got your vote son!!!" and were very disappointed to learn that I was "betraying the white race". I explained my reasoning as "Harvard Graduate vs. 854th out of 859" and they didn't seem to understand. This, evidently, "ain't" proof that "the darky's smarter than McCain". I love the south, could do without the "Ignorant & Proud" way of life.

I fully support a requirement that people must pass an intelligence test before being allowed to vote.
African American turnout?

[Nintex]

Good luck voting guys, I just saw an item about the US election on the Dutch news and I'm going to watch the coverage tonight as well. Everyone is pro-Obama in Europe it seems.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Mango Positive said:
No good. I've known too many people who scored high on intelligence tests. :lol

Cheebs

TIME.
TO.
PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA DROPPED IN THE FINAL GWU/BATTLEGROUND POLL. OH GOD OH GOD. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

PLUS FOUR OVERNIGHT OH GOD! OBAMA LOSING CONFIRMED

Walshicus

Souldriver said:
It means being a muslim is nothing bad according to her. That's good.
It means that she's easily tricked into believing lies. That's bad.
But she'll vote for Obama. That's good.
Obama contains potassium benzoate.

Monroeski said:
I don't have a single issue that stands out as being most important, but just for the purposes of example, here are a few things I could list -

1. Agree more with Obama on abortion
2. Don't like that I think taxes will be higher under Obama than McCain
3. I think Obama will get us out of Iraq faster, but I don't like what I think he's going to do to the overall military budget
4. Personality wise, McCain is a bit too hard line and stubborn for my taste. I also don't like all the reports of his violent temper. That stuff matters in foreign relations and dealings with congress.
5. I would probably prefer whoever Obama puts into the Supreme Court more than who McCain would nominate, particularly as far as keeping it balanced; I don't want it to swing either right or left too far, and since it's a bit right right now, it would only get further over under McCain.
6. This is going to sound strange, and I don't really understand it myself considering how much I hate deadlock, but I have an inherent dislike for a situation in which the President and Congress are both of the same party. It seems like Congressmen and Senators have been increasingly toeing the party line (at least before Bush's popularity really hit the crapper and people started turning on him), and I don't know that I like the thought of whoever is President just pushing everything they want through with no resistance. We already had that for most of Bush's presidency, and look at where that got us.

When it comes down to it, if I HAVE to vote for one of the two, I would probably vote Obama. I'll probably end up going third party as a protest vote against the two party system, though.
Your sixth point is really understandable. I also realise now that you like and dislike some things of both. However, I still think -for me personally- that I'd be able to make up my mind on what I think are the more important issues, and vote according to those.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Cheebs said:
I am still amazed my mom fell for the muslim thing but still gave him money and has his bumper sticker...etc all the same. I guess in a weird way that is a good thing? :lol

Yeah, I guess it is :)

Cheebs said:
TIME.
TO.

OBAMA DROPPED IN THE FINAL GWU/BATTLEGROUND POLL. OH GOD OH GOD. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

SOMEONE GET THIS ON THE DRUDGE REPORT

Cheebs

lawblob said:
Can we ban Cheebs? I don't feel like listening to faux-chicken little stuff all day.
I have to go to class in like 15 minutes and wont be on till like 7 when results start coming in. Not much faux-chicken little left it seems.

Sharp

Cheebs said:
TIME.
TO.

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

Perhaps you should consider the "no change" bit rather than the "+4" bit. The only difference between the two polls is that this one has no more undecideds, dude.

ZeroTolerance

Cheebs said:
TIME.
TO.

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

based on ur reaction, the pollsters are not really reliable ?

Barrett2

Cheebs said:
I have to go to class in like 15 minutes and wont be on till like 7 when results start coming in. Not much faux-chicken little left it seems.
:lol Good. I understand you are nervous, but Jesus man, just relax.

GhaleonEB

I didn't sleep so good.

Don't fuck this up America.

And it took me half an hour to scroll through everything from where I left of. This page is going to be 50,000 posts by tonight. :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
Cheebs said:
TIME.
TO.

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

usb_panic_1.png

Cheebs said:
TIME.
TO.

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

I'd pretty much figure that 95% of the uncommitted are going to McCain so I would expect that Obama need to have a lead larger than the number of UC to win a location.

Cheebs

lawblob said:
:lol Good. I understand you are nervous, but Jesus man, just relax.
I am not nervous. Obama is going to win in a landslide. That post was sarcasm kiddo. I thought you realized that when you said faux-chicken little?

Shiggie

Y2Kev said:
Never settle at just a provisional ballot. Call in and don't let up.
Well the lady said that it is going to count, but im still going to call.
Okay I just checked online and saw this
regsterbk2.png

Maybe because Im not enrolled in a party?

Sharp

Tommie Hu$tle said:
I'd pretty much figure that 95% of the uncommitted are going to McCain so I would expect that Obama need to have a lead larger than the number of UC to win a location.
I'm pretty sure the extra 2% is being allocated to third-party candidates. I doubt that the polling changed much, if at all--the pollster just put all the undecided into whichever category they were "leaning" towards. Since this particular pollster has a decent-sized Republican bias compared to the other polls, my guess is in its analysis the undecideds broke overwhelmingly for McCain.

Barrett2

Something to remember about undecided voters!

Historically, 50% of undecided voters DON'T ACTUALLY VOTE! Even if McCain brings in a high % of the undecideds, you have to cut that number in half, because 50% of undecideds don't actually cast ballots.

They are undecided the day of the election for a reason, they are dopes who don't actually plan on voting. Don't count your chicken littles before they hatch!

Tim-E

RiskyChris said:
Is anyone going to Chicago today? My mom is freaking out about my going.

I'm 22, let me live a little, ma.

GOOOOOOOOO. Tell your mom you're having a sleepover at your friend's Barry's house.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I work in Chicago. I'll be at the rally.

Hopped off the train to go to work, listened to the "Yes We Can" song while walking the streets of Chicago. It's going to be a great day.

Cheebs said:
TIME.
TO.

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4)

Obama 50 (nc)
McCain 48 (+4) (+4) (+4)

l8le1.gif

For the first time in years, I cannot find my wallet. Obama is going to lose and it will be my fault. :(

Of course, I could sell myself on the idea that voting for McCain is the way to go, which would mean that my lost wallet would be a lost vote for McCain. The future me that will be trying to vote for McCain will be dissapointed, but the present version of me that wants to vote for Obama will be releaved. What happens if Future Me decides on exicuting the same plan but in reverse? I will once again end up wanting to vote for Obama but be again have my hands tied. Choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom