• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
laserbeam said:
Putin has it good. He has Europe by the Balls with Oil and gas so they wont be mean to Papa bear. The US is too busy to bother with Papa Bear unless something serious happens.

Too busy to bother, because Republicans (the current administration) have spread the military thin, which may lead to something serious happening.

giga

Lost Fragment said:
No shit the US and the EU would go to war with Russia if it invaded the Ukraine or Poland, guys. Whether McCain or Obama wins, that would probably happen.
you really think we can do that with iraq, afghanistan, and pakistan? and iran?

I wonder if Putin would let us borrow his penis copter for whenever Palin decides she is ready for questions from reporters, seems like the kind of gag he would enjoy.

Rur0ni

Lost Fragment said:
No shit the US and the EU would go to war with Russia if it invaded the Ukraine or Poland, guys. Whether McCain or Obama wins, that would probably happen.
Poland, the EU would move. Ukraine...? Not a member state of either NATO nor EU.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
11hqc0l.jpg

Mermandala said:
I wonder if Putin would let us borrow his penis copter for whenever Palin decides she is ready for questions from reporters, seems like the kind of gag he would enjoy.
oh yeah we need to steal that from Putin ASAP.

Whoever controls the penis copter determines the fate of the world.

Tamanon

Banned
GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words.

PALIN: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln's words when he said -- first, he suggested never presume to know what God's will is, and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words. But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that's a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side. That's what that comment was all about, Charlie.

GIBSON: I take your point about Lincoln's words, but you went on and said, "There is a plan and it is God's plan."

PALIN: I believe that there is a plan for this world and that plan for this world is for good. I believe that there is great hope and great potential for every country to be able to live and be protected with inalienable rights that I believe are God-given, Charlie, and I believe that those are the rights to life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That, in my world view, is a grand -- the grand plan.

GIBSON: But then are you sending your son on a task that is from God?

PALIN: I don't know if the task is from God, Charlie. What I know is that my son has made a decision. I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made, what he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater than himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer.

You said "It's god's plan"
What I meant was "We don't know God's plan, let's hope he's cool with it"
Then you said "It's certainly God's plan"
What I meant was "I dunno"

Barrett2

laserbeam said:
Jesus Christ people read the fucking article. She is asked if NATO is obligated to respond to an attack against NATO Allies. She is correct in saying yes because treaty says yes and thanks to Democrat FDR stacking the Supreme Court they ruled Treaty law supercedes Constitutional Law.

Where do I even begin. For starters, Georgia would need to be in NATO before we came to its rescue! :lol

Was this a roundabout genius question by Gibson to show Palin doesn't know shit about foreign policy?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
lawbob said:
Where do I even begin. For starters, Georgia would need to be in NATO before we came to its rescue! :lol

She's not talking about Georgia. I guess it's my turn now. :lol

Tamanon said:
You said "It's god's plan"
What I meant was "We don't know God's plan, let's hope he's cool with it"
Then you said "It's certainly God's plan"
What I meant was "I dunno"

As Triumph said on another board

"Of course by the end of it she plays the family card that the press isn't allowed to play on her. Anyhow, as obnoxious as Russert often was, it's a shame he's dead because his brand of "gotcha!" journalism is MADE for Palin's lying ass."

Krowley

lawblob said:

Was this a roundabout genius question by Gibson to show Palin doesn't know shit about foreign policy?

It was a hypothetical question.

First she says she favors putting georgia in nato, and then gibson reminds her that if they were, we would have to defend them with military attack if they were invaded. She agrees.

Falch

RapeApe said:

I could think of some elaborate answer, but this Youtube comment really sums it all up:

"That's the same as trying to claim that because she owns a Persian rug and an Afghan hound she's a Middle East expert."

vangace said:
Obama, follow this man's advice except on the ...u know. Heck they should make appearances together.

Obama and Clinton should appear together in Florida. Could just tip the scale.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Columbians staking out seats to watch Obama live on the jumbotron...all seats filled at 4 PM...

bams.jpg

I've never seen this much security in my life.

Mr Jared

This be a serious question: When did Charles Gibson become Charlie Gibson? I swear I've only heard people call him this in the past few weeks :lol

Tamanon

Banned
maddowrat.jpg

Huh, Rachel Maddow is actually outperforming Olbermann.:lol Although it might've been because O'Reilly was finishing up his Obama interview.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Y2Kev said:
Columbians staking out seats to watch Obama live on the jumbotron...all seats filled at 4 PM...

bams.jpg

I've never seen this much security in my life.

What is this from? Where is it at? What's going on?

gkryhewy

Mr Jared said:
This be a serious question: When did Charles Gibson become Charlie Gibson? I swear I've only heard people call him this in the past few weeks :lol

You've got it backwards - he was always charlie until his rebranding.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Apparently Gibson did not bother to watch the Church video himself. She never asserted that Iraq is a task from God. She asked the congregation to pray that the mission be what God wants.

"pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right also for this country. That our leaders, our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to be praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan. Bless them with your prayers."

gkryhewy

140.85 said:
Apparently Gibson did not bother to watch the Church video himself. She never asserted that Iraq is a task from God. She asked the congregation to pray that the mission be what God wants.

Yeah, that charlie gibson is such an attack dog. What a hard-hitting journalist.

polyh3dron said:
What did Pat say?

Oh, he just totally ignored the blatant contradictions in the Palin interview excerpts they read and uttered some nonsense about...I don't know, her praying that the Iraq War is God's plan, or that she didn't say the Iraq War is God's plan. Both of which are completely incorrect, because Gibson had very clearly and precisely quoted her "This war is God's plan" dreck.

rSpooky

PhoenixDark said:
ABC interview: Palin Warns of War With Russia if it Invades Another Country

Gibson asks if, under the NATO treaty, the U.S. would need to go to war with Russia if it again invades Georgia.

Georgia is not even a NATO member, it is a part of the Partnership for Peace Program yes, but that is something different then NATO member. Yes they do want that and once they are then they would fall under this arrangement but not at this time.
Therefor is Russia invades Georgia again (before they become full NATO member) the NATO treaty will not apply and we will go back to talks and fingerwagging.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
laserbeam said:
We will never go to war with Russia as has been said. We will piss and moan at each other and threaten to Nuke each other but until one side actually gets froggy it will always be words and even then I doubt Nukes would be used unless one side was about to just totally be annihilated.

awesome. i cant wait for cold war 2. yay mccain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom