• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evenflow said:
I'm young/single but have had a lot of health problems this year including a surgery that without insurance my costs would be around 40-45K of which of the top of my head my out of pocket is like 4-5k(my premium is like $60 a month), but I could be off(havn't really been on top of those bills:lol ) .

Yeah, you're fucked for life under the McCain plan. He supposedly has a program for "high risk" individuals with pre-existing conditions but hasn't talked about how he is going to fund it, which in GOP speak means it won't be funded.

So the gist I get is that pretty much either way, the plan hurts you. WTF is this pricks problem man, this is just insane. We have a national healthcare crisis so why don't we make it tougher on people. He needs to be stopped.

Republicans have a hard on about getting the burden of health insurance off the employer and onto the employee. The idea is that consumers will then have the choice to pick their most desirable plan. However, that's not the way it will work out-instead, the insurers will pick the most desirable policy holders and charge colossal rates for everyone else.

Now I agree that we need to start moving away health insurance from being such a burden to employers. Rises in premiums are a huge reason why wages are stagnant in "good" jobs-all the normal money goes instead to paying for health care. However, we have to do that transition in a way that serves the citizen, not the corporation. It's pretty clear from the huge differences in the two programs which one serves who.

GhaleonEB

Member
PhoenixDark said:
So is this thing officially dead or can something be done?
The GOP is taking it to court to try and have the investigation thrown out. The next step is to see how that goes, and how the witnesses respond to the subpoenas.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
RubxQub said:
...this shit is so god damned embarrassing for Palin.

"Let me tell you about the experience I've gained...as a mom"

What the fuck man...

Wait, someone asked her a question or was this just part of her programming?

GhaleonEB said:
The GOP is taking it to court to try and have the investigation thrown out. The next step is to see how that goes, and how the witnesses respond to the subpoenas.
How can a court stop a state legislature sanctioned investigation?

Bebpo

Banned
So I haven't really followed this thread for maybe the last 4-5 days. I saw some bits on the news during that time about McCain ads "going to far" and lies and stuff.

Did any of this help Obama/Hurt McCain? Or does the American Public not care?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Oh Jesus, he's talking about how 2 years ago he warned that Fannie Mae, etc. needed to be fixed.

NOW is when the Obama camp brings up that voting record about deregulating.

Tamanon

Banned