• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
gkrykewy said:
New poll, yesterday was 2
Ouch.

I'm not terribly surprised.

I can only hope some of Palin's blatant racism can get into the public eye.

People don't like to be reminded of how little some of us change. Makes them feel progressive.

AniHawk

kevm3 said:
the Dems have to get her now. Why do you think the republicans shooed her away to Alaska and has her avoiding interviews? So they can 'train her' so that she'll have a positive narrative in the media. Do NOT depend on the media to handle Palin. They can change directions immediately. I'm not saying to completely focus on Palin, but you need to knock her while knocking McCain. McCain can't win without Palin, so you take her out of the game, and you take the election. There are ways to attack her without looking 'scared'. Just simply point out areas where she's not competent.

They are doing this. Maybe not with campaign ads, but they are doing this. Obama's sent Hillary Clinton and Sebellius and other women to battleground states to take on Palin.

The one thing they need to do is jump on the community organizer shit something fast. That was the most disgraceful moment for the RNC in a long line of disgraceful moments.

gkrykewy said:
New poll, yesterday was 2

...Oh.

Why can't Obama close the deal?!!!

gkryhewy

AniHawk said:
...Oh.

Why can't Obama close the deal?!!!

2 is not very different from 3 - it's essentially flat. If Gallup is similarly flat from yesterday (yesterday was +4, so say +3-5), then in aggregate they probably meaningfully say that the RNC wasn't able to completely erase Obama's convention bump.

Gantz

Banned
30obama.GRAPHIC.gif

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
AniHawk said:
Wow. That Steele guy is a piece of shit.

Ok, I am trying to understand what in that clip made Steele a piece of shit (if we are both looking at the same clip, the torture round table one), he barely got to speak.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Cheebs said:
Uh 900-1000ish for a 3 day poll is the norm. Gallup/Rasmussen are the only 2 who really go beyond that.
yeah. why aim for an already low number and go even lower! learning of this, my soon-to-be started polling service will only use a sample size of 50 people.

AniHawk

capslock said:
Ok, I am trying to understand what in that clip made Steele a piece of shit (if we are both looking at the same clip, the torture round table one), he barely got to speak.

There were three parts of the round table in separate videos. He says at one point, "Vice President Palin," *turns to crowd* "get used to it" and also defends the community organizer bashing. He also goes on to say that Barack didn't give specifics when he gave his speech, unlike John McCain, who did (not sure if you were watching, but this is the opposite of reality).

capslock said:

I didn't see it either, he was only doing what he always does is protect the parties interest and tamp down the jesus freak comment. The only thing I disagree with him about is that he said BO uses his comm org as the only thing that qualifies him as president, which is untrue. He uses it as a bio for what he did to help people.

AniHawk said:
There were three parts of the round table in separate videos. He says at one point, "Vice President Palin," *turns to crowd* "get used to it" and also defends the community organizer bashing. He also goes on to say that Barack didn't give specifics when he gave his speech, unlike John McCain, who did.

Not only those, but he turned around after defending the community organizer bashing (Without acknowledging that it was simply the beginning of Barrack's career) to defending the GOP's use of "small town mayor" as heavy-hitting credentials to define her "experience".

That wouldn't even be a solid credential for a small town mayor that actually did their job correctly; Palin is caught up in a variety of scandals and left her town neck deep in debt.

gkryhewy

scorcho said:
yeah. why aim for an already low number and go even lower! learning of this, my soon-to-be started polling service will only use a sample size of 50 people.

Diageo-Hotline is legit enough for fivethirtyeight to begin looking at their numbers, and presumably including them in their broader projections:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/today's polls

You can all stop hyperventilating now.

After yesterday's polls showed little sign of Republican momentum, today's polls -- which incorporate reaction to Sarah Palin's speech for the first time -- now show some bounce toward John McCain. You can fill out basically every square in the 'B' column of your bingo card with the national polls today: CBS now shows a tie; Rasmussen shows the race tightening to 2 points (down from 5 yesterday); the Economist shows it at 3 points, Gallup at 4 (down from 7), Democracy Corps at 5, and the brand-new, Diageo-Hotline tracking poll at 6.

GhaleonEB

Cheebs said:
Regardless, I don't think we can really celebrate or make any predictions on post-RNC bump till monday at the soonest.
Agree. But I'll still take it.

And we've got two more trackers to watch now, too. Woooo!
AniHawk said:
Oh kickass man. Much thanks.
It's going to be okay.

Uncooked

Banned
so_awes said:
so awesome!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't get too excited, most of those numbers come from people signing up through ACORN and other types of organizations who just have people walk around badgering you to sign up. It takes about 1 minute to sign it to get the annoying person away from you and you are done. They are supposed to call your number and verify the information but if you don't pick up or it is a fake number they still push it through anyways.

gkryhewy

Uncooked said:
I wouldn't get too excited, most of those numbers come from people signing up through ACORN and other types of organizations who just have people walk around badgering you to sign up. It takes about 1 minute to sign it to get the annoying person away from you and you are done. They are supposed to call your number and verify the information but if you don't pick up or it is a fake number they still push it through anyways.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

FL R-77,196 D-209,422
PA R-289 D-98,137

LOL

If they can actually get these people to the polls on Nov. 4, it really could be a landslide. I really doubt it though.

Uncooked

Banned
gkrykewy said:
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Huh? To explain, I re-registered with ACORN when I moved since I work downtown, and they are everywhere signing up a ton of people. I did not verify my information but everything still went through and I know other people where the same thing happened. Now you can explain why you are such a jerk.

Uncooked said:

Sounds like a case of;

161624main_nile_river.jpg

GhaleonEB

Uncooked said:
hahahahahahahahahaha

Gruco

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Are the Dems still expected to come out with a crushing victory in the Congress and Senate races?
Yeah, they Senate in particular is really ugly for republicans. Democrats will pick up 4 seats without breaking a sweat and have another 4+ they could easily get. Republicans have zero pickup chances. I doubt they'll hit 60, but they should get close enough that they can easily peel away moderates for it not to matter. I really hope we get to see Franken and Hagan in the senate. Sadly I don't think Kleeb or Noriega have a chance at this point though. 538 tracks the Senate races.

As for the house, it won't be such a complete smashing as the Senate, but republicans are in such disarray and basically all running away from each other; there aren't a lot of pickup chances there either.

Son of Godzilla said:
Really? Give McCain Ohio and Florida, because I mean really. IIRC all Obama has to do to lose is not convert Missouri, Colorado, or Nevada. The popular vote might be clear, but the election is far from determined.
Seriously, McCain pretty much has to run the table in battleground states in order to win. Obama has a lot of outs, VA, CO, OH, and FL could each do it, since NM and Iowa are basically back already. Other states could do it to, but if Obama wins those we're already looking at a pretty epic blowout.

Plus factor in the superior ground game and new voter registration numbers.

Uncooked

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
hahahahahahahahahaha

Nice counter, glad you back it up with facts or anecdotes. No wonder I don't see any independents, republicans, or third party supporters in here. Don't worry guys, what I meant to say is that Obama is the best ever.

Uncooked, to the best of my knowledge, ACORN wasn't out registering Democrats during the time periods of Jan 08 to ~Sep 08. At least to the extent that the Obama and Clinton campaigns were. The primary campaign helped fuel a lot of these registrations.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Uncooked said:
Huh? To explain, I re-registered with ACORN when I moved since I work downtown, and they are everywhere signing up a ton of people. I did not verify my information but everything still went through and I know other people where the same thing happened. Now you can explain why you are such a jerk.

what do you mean you didnt verify any information?

Clevinger

Uncooked said:
I wouldn't get too excited, most of those numbers come from people signing up through ACORN and other types of organizations who just have people walk around badgering you to sign up. It takes about 1 minute to sign it to get the annoying person away from you and you are done.

Wouldn't it be much easier to just walk away?

Uncooked said:
Nice counter, glad you back it up with facts or anecdotes. No wonder I don't see any independents, republicans, or third party supporters in here. Don't worry guys, what I meant to say is that Obama is the best ever.

That's a grand argument, considering your statement was completely anecdotal.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Uncooked said:

Once again someone confuses a deserved mocking with overzealous Obama protectionism. Must be nice to have that excuse as a fail-safe cover.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AniHawk said:
There were three parts of the round table in separate videos. He says at one point, "Vice President Palin," *turns to crowd* "get used to it" and also defends the community organizer bashing. He also goes on to say that Barack didn't give specifics when he gave his speech, unlike John McCain, who did (not sure if you were watching, but this is the opposite of reality).

Oh the guy on Bill Maher yeah he was a douchebag, all these republicans go by 2+2=5 and 'if the party believes it, then it must be true'. They excel in the art of doublethink.

Frank the Great said:
You can't just come in here, make shit up, and then say the burden of proof is on us to disprove it, and then cry about it when we call you out.

Apparently he can. He's got the Republican strategy mastered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom