• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak140

Dr_Cogent said:
Right, it's all the Republicans fault again. Can you find a better argument than that tired kool aid argument? No one is responsible for their actions! It's those damn Republicans! They made me do it!

Once again, no one is responsible for their own actions, it's always entirely someone else's fault.
Let's put it simply. People who don't understand how contraception works get pregnant. Republicans don't want schools to teach people how contraception works. This increases the number of unwanted pregnancies. Increasing the number of unwanted pregnancies increases the number of abortions.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
reilo said:
I give up:

http://oversight.house.gov/features/politics_and_science/example_abstinence.htm

Since you obviously don't read, or are just very bad at comprehension, let me point out something: That website I linked to, it's from the House Oversight committee.

And let me just quote the very first fucking paragraph:

I'm not even going to comment on whether it should be taught or not. I don't really care. That, to me, is the parents job - not the schools.

I will say condoms are not a 100% way of preventing sexually transmitted diseases. Abstinence is. If you really want a 100% sure way to keep from getting it, you shouldn't have sex. Not the fun option, but it's the safest.

No where can you point to me that it's the Republicans fault that there are high rates of abortions. You are only speculating and cannot prove it with any real scientific evidence.

Jak140 said:
Let's put it simply. People who don't understand how sex works get pregnant. Republicans don't want schools to teach people how sex works. This increases the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Kids need schools to learn how sex works? I didn't. Kids are that stupid these days?

No matter how the Republicans try, I don't see how they will not learn about it regardless. Those damn Republicans.

Teacher? How does sex work? :lol

You think kids are really that ignorant in this day and age of the internet?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
DAMN YOU NATE SILVER. I CANT GET AN ERECTION FOR 73% AFTER BEING COCKTEASED WITH 77%.

ITS LIKE SEEING A 2000 DOLLAR HOOKER WHEN YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD THE 20 DOLLAR ONE.

Dr_Cogent said:
I'm not even going to comment on whether it should be taught or not. I don't really care. That, to me, is the parents job - not the schools.

I will say condoms are not a 100% way of preventing sexually transmitted diseases. Abstinence is. If you really want a 100% sure way to keep from getting it, you shouldn't have sex. Not the fun option, but it's the safest.

No where can you point to me that it's the Republicans fault that there are high rates of abortions. You are only speculating and cannot prove it with any real scientific evidence.

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

AniHawk

StoOgE said:
DAMN YOU NATE SILVER. I CANT GET AN ERECTION FOR 73% AFTER BEING COCKTEASED WITH 77%.

ITS LIKE SEEING A 2000 DOLLAR HOOKER WHEN YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD THE 20 DOLLAR ONE.

A map of 269 EC votes that's 'likely' or more is pretty awesome though. It really comes down to keeping PA and NH safe (and getting VA for ultimate hilarity).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dr_Cogent said:

I give up. You obviously have some blockage in your brain that prevents you from using logic.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
:D Does anyone here think Obama has a real chance of turning NC blue?
I think he does. Voter registration is going through the roof. And just as importantly, McCain is having to shift resources there to defend it - and forcing McCain to spread out to defend traditional red states was part of Obama's plan all along. :D

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
AniHawk said:
A map of 269 EC votes that's 'likely' or more is pretty awesome though.

Ok, its like a 20 dollar hooker with nice tits.

Its still not the Elliot Spitzer hooker.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Dr_Cogent said:
I think they need to come up with some regulations that keep this sort of shit from happening again. The bailout should have some accountability attached to it if anything. It shouldn't be a free loan with no strings attached.

It has happened before. And I bet more than 47% if those that made a mistake in the past have gotten us into this mess. I say let the baby be born that these clowns irresponsibly made and let them be responsible for raising it. Because as you said, life isn't fair and people have to take responsibility for their actions.

Dr_Cogent said:
Wow, again, I would not want you as my lawyer. I never said "large numbers" ever. Find that post and prove me wrong.

Mr. Literalist is at it again. So . . . when you say "women use abortion for birth control", you are then only being intentionally misleading because you are really only talking about one in a million women who are nutcases.

Dr_Cogent said:
Agreed. If you are that fucking stupid, then you are that fucking stupid.
And that is gonna be great for society. Let's me certain that the stupid of the stupid have lots of kids. Great plan.

Door2Dawn

Banned
0923_mainchart.png

Obama had a good run.

Trakdown

LOL @ 538

"Electoral Projections Done Right"

First entry: "Oops"

Still a helluva turnaround- I'll take 309 EV for Obama. And I will laugh my ass off if McCain loses NC.

GhaleonEB

0923_mainchart.png

Heh. That's apparantly the new update, McCain gained three EV. I'm curious how that works, since it was a terrible state polling day for him.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
It has happened before. And I bet more than 47% if those that made a mistake in the past have gotten us into this mess. I say let the baby be born that these clowns irresponsibly made and let them be responsible for raising it. Because as you said, life isn't fair and people have to take responsibility for their actions.

I have no crystal ball, so I cannot foresee the outcome of a bailout. Will it be beneficial or just fuck us over more in the end? I have no idea.

GhaleonEB said:
I think he does. Voter registration is going through the roof. And just as importantly, McCain is having to shift resources there to defend it - and forcing McCain to spread out to defend traditional red states was part of Obama's plan all along. :D
:lol :lol :lol

and McCain's moving into Indiana too! bwahahahahaha

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Trakdown said:
He was bitching ALL DAY LONG about people not loving the Paulson plan as much as he did. Then again, if anybody wants to give me a huge sum of money for being a fuckup, I'd love them too.

I'd agree on the 2nd point if it wasn't for the fact that not addressing some of those issues is part of the reason the economy is the way it is. Some of the plans are crucial to our economy progressing (energy, for instance), and Obama's going to get looked at just as bad, if not worse, if he doesn't do anything. Also, since when has a huge deficit stopped us from spending, even under a Democratic president?

Well it's just that there is no way he can spend on top of the projected deficit. So you'd think it would be 4 years of deficit management.

I really wish that the US didn't have to delay for at least four years massive investment in renewable energy development. The implications are so important. Any delay will simply allow China, Europe, and others, to get a major and probably permanent head-start.

EDIT: Tucker always gets it handed to him by hot reporters. I think they pair him up with them on purpose! :lol

LCGeek

formerly sane
Trakdown said:
He was bitching ALL DAY LONG about people not loving the Paulson plan as much as he did. Then again, if anybody wants to give me a huge sum of money for being a fuckup, I'd love them too.

I'd agree on the 2nd point if it wasn't for the fact that not addressing some of those issues is part of the reason the economy is the way it is. Some of the plans are crucial to our economy progressing (energy, for instance), and Obama's going to get looked at just as bad, if not worse, if he doesn't do anything. Also, since when has a huge deficit stopped us from spending, even under a Democratic president?

I hope if obama gets in he attempts to get done what needs to be done and leaves the republicans for once to balance shit out when it's their turn.

Ether Snake obama can just borrow from China like the republicans did, not a good thing yet what's to really stop him? At least this way the money won't be going for shit and he can sweeten the deal promising to ship out some of that energy tech shit their way. They think money and what easier way to save money than energy efficiency?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
speculawyer said:
Mr. Literalist is at it again. So . . . when you say "women use abortion for birth control", you are then only being intentionally misleading because you are really only talking about one in a million women who are nutcases.

I said "some" speculawyer. Some. Do you know what "some" means? I believe I almost always qualified the statement with "some".

I was never being intentionally misleading. Your inability to comprehend simple statements is clearly not my problem.

I'm guessing you are simply over sensitive to the subject because you have such strong convictions and you are only seeing what you want to see. Kind of like your stupid ass argument about Iraq shouldn't be buying F-16s because they clearly don't need them. You are so blinded by your ideology, it's like you are cross eyed.

Jak140

Dr_Cogent said:
Kids need schools to learn how sex works? I didn't. Kids are that stupid these days?

No matter how the Republicans try, I don't see how they will not learn about it regardless. Those damn Republicans.

Teacher? How does sex work? :lol

You think kids are really that ignorant in this day and age of the internet?

I mean specifically that they don't teach contraception. Understanding where to get and how to use contraception is not something that comes naturally. And you are assuming a lot about a country where only 71% can locate the Pacific Ocean on a map.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
DenogginizerOS said:

Mmmm hmmmm.

"People need to be punished for decisions I don't approve of." Mix with domestic issues and let sit. Sprinkle with token nods to libertarianism, and you have conservatism.

Serves 300 million, but does so poorly.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Jak140 said:
I mean specifically that they don't teach contraception. Understanding where to get and how to use contraception is not something that comes naturally. And you are assuming a lot about a country where only 71% can locate the Pacific Ocean on a map.

Can they identify where their genitalia are? I bet they can identify that. I bet they can identify a contraceptive as well. I still am not buying the argument that kids in this day and age are that fucking stupid.

I bet at least most of them can read the directions on a condom wrapper. It's not fucking rocket science.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Screw the bailout...I want my 2000 McD's apple pies :lol

i think tucker bounds is only 24 or something. really young.

but whatever, he's a tool. i bet mccain camp would like nothing more than to pull him offstage but cant bring themselves to do it

Zeliard

CharlieDigital said:
TDS is fucking brilliant :lol

Fuck, it's a new episode again? I thought those assholes were taking another week off since yesterday was a repeat. :p

Oh well, only a couple mins late.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
capslock said:
I am seriously starting to think that Tucker Bounds is a plant by the Obama campaign to make the McCain campaign look bad by repeatedly getting owned by TV anchors.

Hot female anchors.

Dr_Cogent said:
I said "some" speculawyer. Some. Do you know what "some" means? I believe I almost always qualified it the statement with "some".

Dr_Cogent said:
I'm not even professing that they should outlaw abortion (although I don't agree with it). My point still stands, people use it as a form of birth control.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12916906&postcount=23643

And even 'some people use it as a form of birth control' would be misleading when the real number that actually intentionally do that has got to be very very small.

I was never being intentionally misleading. Your inability to comprehend simple statements is clearly not my problem.
You do mean to be intentionally misleading when you take the common phrase 'birth control' and instead break up the phrase and interpret the two words literally.

I'm guessing you are simply over sensitive to the subject because you have such strong convictions and you are only seeing what you want to see. Kind of like your stupid ass argument about Iraq shouldn't be buying F-16s because they clearly don't need them. You are so blinded by your ideology, it's like you are cross eyed.
Yes . . . I am sensitive about the subject. I don't like suffering children. Millions of children die of starvation and disease each year and that really really really bothers me. I don't want that to happen. So I think it is very good policy to prevent unwanted births. I don't understand why other people are not bothered by dying children.

KTallguy

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
Can they identify where their genitalia are? I bet they can identify that. I bet they can identify a contraceptive as well. I still am not buying the argument that kids in this day and age are that fucking stupid.

I bet at least most of them can read the directions on a condom wrapper. It's not fucking rocket science.

You think the majority of the poorer kids fucking and having kids are reading all about sex on the internet? Maybe they just want to bone a chick and can't be damned with reading labels?

Hell, why do we have schools publicly funded by our government? Hell, if a kid wants to learn about math they can go to the internet!

Trakdown

Ether_Snake said:
Well it's just that there is no way he can spend on top of the projected deficit. So you'd think it would be 4 years of deficit management.

I really wish that the US didn't have to delay for at least four years massive investment in renewable energy development. The implications are so important. Any delay will simply allow China, Europe, and others, to get a major and probably permanent head-start.

EDIT: Tucker always gets it handed to him by hot reporters. I think they pair him up with them on purpose! :lol

It's a hard decision, to be sure. We've already lost a lot of stuff that could've been a boon for us in the economy. We could've been leaders in stem cell research, but thanks to the Bush administration, we lost that to Singapore and I doubt we'll catch up. There's a lot of technologies, energy and otherwise that could help us.

Right now, I'd rather he borrow more, even if it puts us further into the deficit for now. Not only because we don't need to give these countries a head start, but because we need to tend to our own yard. The good news is, Obama's a relatively fiscally smart guy. His UHC plan would cost about $60 billion a year, which is pennies compared to the Iraq war and the bailout. So some of these plans might be small enough in cost to make it.

So, I dunno. I hope he gets to do this stuff, because a lot of it would genuinely help. Right now, things are too vague to really make a decision.

jett

D-Member
Dr_Cogent said:

How old are you Dr_Cogent?

Dr_Cogent said:

Really? Well guess what . . . they are pretty stupid and could use some education. Someone just told me:
Of women having abortions,
* 46% did not use contraception during the month they became pregnant
* 8% never used a method of birth control

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom