• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter

Frank the Great said:
So he is going to reform education without spending any money on it?

Saying "I want teachers to answer to parents" doesn't mean anything. How the hell are you going to do it?

This is such an empty speech.

I'd rather parents answer to teachers.

Duke Togo

giga said:
there's no fucking way you can drill offshore wells "now". the amount of planning, development, and resources needed to start drilling is at least a few years away.
11l3ref.gif

"They'll strike up again if they can!"
"Iran is going to get nukes!"
"Russia hates democracy!"

All within 20 seconds. Oh yeah, that's rich, RUSSIA is the one who invades other countries for oil :lol

ryutaro's mama said:
I'm not watching but the speech must be REALLY bad.

No one here is even attempting to defend it.

GAF said the same stuff about Palin's speech last night. It shouldn't be a surprise--he's going for the folks who haven't made up their minds yet.

*whisper*Also, They don't call us the silent majority for no reason.*/whisper*

Yaweee

Though I think McCain lies about Obama's positions more than the reverse.

This is possibly the loudest push for School Vouchers that I've heard from either major party in a loooong time, so I'm hard pressed to complain.

Aaaaand... then he swings into foreign policy and the bus implodes.

Tim-E

Every bit of pure anger and hatred I felt after last night and this 9/11 video from today has now calmy returned to the lulz this convention was supposed to be. Well, the anger is still there, but I'm not pissed off watching this speech because it's fucking awful. :lol

Yaweee said:
Though I think McCain lies about Obama's positions more than the reverse.

This is possibly the loudest push for School Vouchers that I've heard from either major party in a loooong time, so I'm hard pressed to complain.

Aaaaand... then he swings into foreign policy and the bus implodes.
It's the loudest push I've heared in 4 years.

Zeliard

I honestly think the biggest reason McCain is a poor speaker is because he doesn't actually personally believe most of what he's saying, and he's not capable of really hiding it. You can tell. It's written all over his face. Those awkward smiles he gives after throwing out some popular talking point only reinforce that.

This speech is not working as the stump speech that it basically is. He would have been much better off discussing policy, since enthusiasm and charisma aren't nearly as critical in that case.

ryutaro's mama said:
I'm not watching but the speech must be REALLY bad.

No one here is even attempting to defend it.
Who'd be stupid enough to dip their papercut hand into a tank full of ravenous piranha? Aren't tonight's pages of this thread disgusting enough already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom