• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxgame

This is horrendous and you don't need to know this (clearly) nobody artist's name. Please listen to the Iggy version from now on. Thank you.

Sigh when I saw the quote I was hoping to have the mystery solved XD

I already listened to the original and... well... I'll kindly say that "i don't like it".
Sorry but I prefer this version (even if I understand that the original style is more in line "with the text" :p

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pls help me Popgaf because I'm getting desperate.
I tried to search for over 2 hours, even asked around but nobody seems to know

I found this video that has what looks like a cover of Iggy Azalea's "Fancy"

It seems to be a professional cover, so I'm guessing this track was released somewhere. But I can't find the artist name, sigh :/

Anyone?

i dont know who it is but do come back and share if you find out because its good

3phemeral

This is horrendous and you don't need to know this (clearly) nobody artist's name. Please listen to the Iggy version from now on. Thank you.

I mean they don't have artistic integrity to make their own song?

EDIT:Yasssss
h9F1r.jpg

Me9fr2

G0rls, be nice.

Sigh when I saw the quote I was hoping to have the mystery solved XD

I already listened to the original and... well... I'll kindly say that "i don't like it".
Sorry but I prefer this version (even if I understand that the original style is more in line "with the text" :p
Sadly, it seems to be a no-name and probably very local artist. There's no music-recognition service that can identify it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
drop that kitty is awful
im ashamed that two artists that I really like are featured on it

Floridian

Listening to BWET again and it's still pretty enjoyable. Sounds better too for some reason

Wallace>>
Gimme a Chance>>
Idle Delilah>>
212>>
Soda >>
Chasing time>>
JFK>>

uh3FFzg.gif

Meowster

Candyman is such a fun and perfect song. Beautiful music video too - free of the tacky and gauche style that Xtina is known for and loves.

rhandino

Banned
Wait, WAIT! She and Tinashe are going to perform Slay that Kitty? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Here we go, I got a bad one
Now shake that if you got a fat one
Pour it up and spill it out
Let a boss pour it in your mouth, girl
Who is she? She's not with me
She the type of chick in the club every week, work that
Told her drop it to the ground and bring it back

eFC0hCA.gif

Floridian

The Power of Miss Banks

Even so, it's hard to separate the art from the artist, and it's impossible not to feel somewhat apprehensive about Banks. A truly divisive character, she's so rightly confident in her music that it's easy to push it aside and judge her solely on actions alone. But in an industry where male artists like Kanye West are lionized for being as outspoken, Banks gets the short straw. It's unfairly clear that she's marginalized because of her gender, something she's personally bemoaned, and she has to work harder than any of her peers to get the respect she admittedly deserves.

And if anything, her Coachella set -- for those in attendance, at least -- proved her worth. Hip-hop needs Azealia Banks. After a clunky rendition of "Nude Beach a Go-Go," a confounding inclusion on her album and her performances, she left with the sparky "212," the tongue-twisting anthem that put her on the map. The crowd went wild -- more than for anyone at the festival so far. Banks surely has her issues, but she reaches full potential when she lets them go.

Watch her performance here
http://pitchfork.com/news/59199-azealia-banks-performs-at-coachella/

uh3FFzg.gif

Seriously, this live arrangement of Heavy Metal and Reflective is ending me.

The guitar. Yaaaaaaaaaassssssssss.

I don't care for the alberm version of Ice Princess, but that live version is absolutely epic.

aRuhzA

I'm so glad she has musicians with her instead of relying on a back track. Everything sounds so much better.

edit: Real Music™

Also, Chasing Time is slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying. Hopefully she learns to shut up and let her music speak for her.

3phemeral

No she did NOT just pull out a gigantic-ass red megaphone with a mic and scream into it for that verse for Yung Rapunxel.

H6Vjj7

And I love the rasp and tone of her singing voice. A little shaky on Luxury and when she's on she sounds great.

3phemeral

I screamed "WERK BITCH!" at that part.
I loved it.

That settles it, if I can get this live version somehow, I'm replacing the album version with it.

Also, is there any way I can hear the last two songs on the set? It cuts off after Luxury. I was looking forward to Nude Beach A Go GoGimme A Chance.

I loved it.

That settles it, if I can get this live version somehow, I'm replacing the album version with it.

Also, is there any way I can hear the last two songs on the set? It cuts off after Luxury. I was looking forward to Nude Beach A Go GoGimme A Chance.

Gimme A Chance was in the beginning I thought. After Idle Delilah.

Lady Gaga: "Born This Way"

It was the song that started a pop music revolution. While musicians like Diana Ross had long took measures to subtly attract gay audiences, "Born This Way" proved that outright courting a queer audience could be commercially successful. And everyone from Katy Perry to Pink to Kesha to Taylor Swift to Macklemore took note, as a wave of pro-LGBTQ songs washed over the world's airwaves. Released at the turning point in mainstream opinions on queer people, "Born This Way" was the right song at the right time, bridging the gap between the closeted "anthems" of yore and today's over-the-head empowerment jams. "Born This Way" opened the gates for all pop musicians to, well, express themselves.

From Pitchfork

Not them finally recognising Gaga ha true power
giphy.gif

Oop. Yeah, Firework was released in 2010.

Tbh, the pro LGBT song craze was happening before Born This Gay. We R Who We R by Ketchup was also in 2010. That one Pink song I can't be bothered to remember was from around then too.

I suppose you could say that Born This Gay was its climax. And Gaga set it apart by directly mentioning the gays in it. Instead of being vague empowerment anthems like the rest.

As for the only rapper with something to say Mackelbore, I'm pretty sure he's been quite vocal about LGBT issues for the entirety of his career long before he became mainstream.

Gaga her direct impact on one line in a Taylor Swift song in 2014 tho. Welcome To New York would never have included a lyric about boys and boys and girls and girls in a pre Born This Way world.

Matt_

come into this thread to see everyone stanning for Miss Banks
bless you all
Cryinggifs_06.gif

let me rush and watch her shit before bloodborne gives me a heart attack

rhandino

Banned
"Born This Way" proved that outright courting a queer audience could be commercially successful.
Beautiful happened in 2002, But I can't deny that Born this Way will resonate more with the people of this generation and that is more explicit and focused in his message.

Also isn't Born this Way the one song that upset other groups (latinos and asians) for the use of the terms orient and chola.

This song is so fucking perfect T_T

Cryinggifs_06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom