• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Joan of Arc is great. It's Madonna at her tender best. [edit] Rebel Heart is also in the same spirit if Joan of Arc is growing on you.

Oh, I've already listened to the album, but thanks :)

I actually prefer the demo version of RH to the one that ended up on the album, although it's still a good song, regardless of the arrangement.

Vazduh

I thought you thought I haven't listened to the album. A misunderstanding from my side, sorry :eek: :eek: :eek:

I might have to look into this. Joan of Arc and Rebel Heart took time on grow on me so I wonder if that's already ruined what my perception will be of the demo.

Joan of Arc demo is pretty much the same song, only in acoustic form, so I think you'll like it.

Rebel Heart, on the other hand, sounds like an Avicii song in its original form, and I bet it was supposed to be on the album like that, but Madonna decided to rework it after the leak. I'm curious whether you'll like that one.

3phemeral

Rebel Heart, on the other hand, sounds like an Avicii song in its original form, and I bet it was supposed to be on the album like that, but Madonna decided to rework it after the leak. I'm curious whether you'll like that one.
I think I can use both. The album version is mixed so her vocals feature more prominently over the track, drawing attention the the lyrics, but I like the demo version too. I think I'll just imagine it as a live version.

[edit] Living for Love just came on and I caught myself bopping to it, up until the "Love's gonna lift me huuuuuuuup." Amazing how such a small section of the track can turn me off to the rest of it. I might have to just deal considering how much I enjoy everything else on that track.

COLLXTION+I+Official+Album+Cover++PNG.png

iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

Vazduh

Yas, NF, stan for Allie X!

Not to mention an incredibly solid come back after the loss of a member. (which I'm still not over #JusticeForJessicaJung)

Speaking of Jessica... since I'm not a SONE, I honestly had no clue she was that unmotivated, even long before she got kicked out of the group.

tumblr_mfyefnZ3qL1r2zx8vo1_500.gif

(this too, lol)

Might be why I thought the choreo in this latest video looked on point :p All jokes aside, it's definitely not a bad comeback, and I really like that SM didn't go for their usual "band in a box" template.

[edit] Living for Love just came on and I caught myself bopping to it, up until the "Love's gonna lift me huuuuuuuup." Amazing how such a small section of the track can turn me off to the rest of it. I might have to just deal considering how much I enjoy everything else on that track.

Living for Love is good, I agriH. And the album version is much, much better than the demo one, which is a Kiesza-ish hot mess, tbqh.

I can't un-hear the "huuuup" part now, lol

Why are they not playing Girls Generation in the clubs is beyond me.

JP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCmafwLKE4 (the best version imo)
KR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09U0KLv6I4

Kicking out Jessica seems to have made little impact. With everybody looking so similar you don't even notice she's gone. I'd say losing a member makes them seem more balanced. But those orange jump suits are so unflattering. They remind me I still need to visit the neighborhood IHOP one of these days.

I don't like when I see SONEs dragging Jessica but I'll leave this here...

iKMBBnRsTnXCp.gif

She is indeed lazy and over her music career, the Korean Rihanna to be honest.

Anyway, I'm getting my life from Catch Me If You Can, I did not expect such level of slay. And there's still more to come. f

The "go back to your coffin" comments need to take a hike. Madonna's not an elder, she's in her 50s. Consider your comments when there are likely people in her age bracket reading them. The idea that you should be limiting or censoring yourself with age is a terrible message and isn't healthy for anybody.

Of course it's jarring seeing her with a grill and twerking and whatever because the pop stars who do that tend to be in their early 20s, but who cares. She does it just as well, and she's a great dancer. And there's an air of irony and irreverence to everything she does that makes it extra special I think. My problem with her stems from the fact that most of her material feels very derivative of more authentic music that came before it, but that's been my problem with her since she started. I guess Rebel Heart feels especially deriviative because she's older now and people can't help making a point about it. Come for the music if anything, not her age.

That said, Rebel Heart is not very good. lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Rebel Heart is still more usable than Artpop.
h8zfM.gif

I might be lying and only said it in order to use the gif.

h8zQI.jpg

Slay Pizza Princess

rhandino

Banned
Sometimes I feel that some of my faves need to learn how to fade with grace and dignity instead of being embarrassing and trying so hard to happen again.

They just tarnish their legacy with the stench of desperation.

9Z6MDrO.gif

This is not necessarily about Madonna or "older" faves tbh, some of the youngest are the most embarrassing with their attempts to stay relevant.

Frodo

I love how Madonna is again pushing the envelope and is still firm and strong doing pop music, and most importantly, refusing to "act her age". Once more she is paving the way for your faves so when they grow old they can remain in the industry doing what they do, and hopefully they will also be able to remain relevant. From now on, we shouldn't think a female pop singer career will collapse just because she is more than 30 something years old.

She is showing it is possible. She shouldn't be bashed because she is doing that. She should be celebrated.

Think about that for a second.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the mere fact that madonna is putting more energy into her performances than rihanna and katy are when she's twice their age. truly legendary teas.

rebel heart remains a decent alber too, and y'all can seethe and fume about that as well.

Listening to WBLS and an INCREDIBLE live recording of Prince singing "Adore" came on. Shazam and Soundcloud were unsuccessful in identifying iT.

It was a performance where he was like, ad libbing up a storm (like the part where he says you can burn up my clothes and smash up my ride, he paused and said, NOOO not the car or something like that).

He'd never sounded sexier to my ears, but me on YouTube trying to find Prince stuff is a comedy of errors tbh.

Someone help and I'll send you dick pix

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Could you speak up and stop mu-mumbling, I don't think you came in clear
When you're sittin' on the top, it's hard to hear you from way up here
I saw you tryin' to act cute on TV, "Just let me clear the air..."
We missed you on the charts last week, damn, that's right you wasn't there
If se-sexy never left, then why's everybody on my shi-it-it
Don't hate on me just because you didn't come up with it
So if you see us in the club, go on and walk the other way
Cause our run will never be over, not at least until we say

tumblr_mt5emmGYIw1s665t5o1_500.gif

I'd be more than happy for Timbaland to come back and dominate again

Yeah as already mentioned, modern day Timbaland is trashé. The decline is real.

His work with Nelly Furtado was t r e w l y his peak. Actually, his trew peak may have been Aaliyah's self-titled. Either way, he's trash now.

Now 27 is the age former teen stars try to make their comeback. Look at Hilary Duff. Mommy pop stars are all the rage...said no one ever

If she delivers more bops like Sparks, idgaf.

Why Don't You Love Me is genuinely the only serng I really like from I Am Sasha Flop. Okay, it and maybe Sweet Dreams and Video Phone (shawty what yo name is her power)

Single Ladies is iconic, legendary, etc. But it's the dance and video that make it that way. The song itself is pretty dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom