• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Here.

3BcKyl

And for real, here.

I kind of like it, but something feels a little insincere with it.

Get off my areola

aRuhzA

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Here.

And for real, here.

I kind of like it, but something feels a little insincere with it.

Get off my areola
]

oh my goodness
I mean I like the song but this complete left turn for Janelle has taken me by surprise
this is such a departure from what she's done before I can't help but feel its a late april fools

edit; this track feels all kinds of wrong
its like shes gone from having her own niche to being some random r&b girl

edit 2 and more importantly

IGGY AZALEA ‏@IGGYAZALEA 3m3 minutes ago
Hi just wanted to come online and tell you all how extremely excited iam for Pretty Girls to be released & that we are going to perform it

Britney is coming
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif

what award shows are coming? Billboard awards must be soon right?

Cyport

The one t.A.T.u song I do listen to these days is stars.

I'm only a few hours into posting and I got a text from mobile phone provider saying that I've used 80% of data this month with one week left (never happened before). T_T

3phemeral

The audio version sounds way better than how that video quality came out.

I'm on the fence about this, but that pre-chorus man:

I wanna last, wanna last forever
I wanna dance, wanna dance all night
I wanna last, wanna last forever
I wanna dance, dance, dance all night​

iB4pDNC2Z4kRI.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
For rude and roy

IGGY AZALEA ‏@IGGYAZALEA 4m4 minutes ago
I'm still working on my album and things are going good. "work" type vibes, earlier fans will be happy 2 hear. love you all. bye. xo

work is her best probably so a move in the right direction

rude

Banned
I'm ready for the true queen of bounce music to slay us all with the spiritual successor to 2014's most iconic smash, "Work".

SaintZ

The one t.A.T.u song I do listen to these days is stars.

I'm only a few hours into posting and I got a text from mobile phone provider saying that I've used 80% of data this month with one week left (never happened before). T_T
Disable the gifs and the pics in the settings sis, it is the only way to browse gaf on mobile.
work is her best probably so a move in the right direction
The Queen of Rap better give me another Pu$$y tbh.

Matt_

I'm ready for the true queen of bounce music to slay us all with the spiritual successor to 2014's most iconic smash, "Work".

work was 2013
in fact its two years old in three days (video came out two years yesterday)
some stan you are

edit; DEATH
Iggy essentially got her break from performing as the opener for RITA ORA

Looks like Leona has won the press over with her showcase. Combination of music mags and radio personalities:

39e43d1af7.png

e0ba0508dd.png

393eff5ba0.png

360ee4b8d4.png

c3384a4cd2.png

01bd56b72a.png

3775c81d71.png

She performed uptempos "Fire Under My Feet" (the lead single) and "I Got You" (not the one from Echo), mid-tempos "Ladders" and "I Am," and ballad "Thank You" (dedicated to her parents).

Also, looking gorgeous:

#leonalewis2015worlddomination

Any clips?

When are we going to start hearing the music?
Lead single is being added to radio (according to her manager, both UK/US) in two weeks.

No recordings though ;___;

Less reliable (bias) but more detailed impressions from invited fans who won a contest on Facebook:

So where do I start? First of all, island is throwing with money for her! We entered the club, it was very intimate. Bodyguards and waitresses that gave out wine, beer and now and then they come to you and served you food. Very vip-ish. The stage was 50 cm high and we stood close, we could touch her if they didnt tell us to move step away :')

Second of all, Ive never seen Leona SO happy. She was working that stage. She was having fun.

The moment the lights went out, violins started playing. It was sooooo good I got goosebumps. Not sure if this was part of the song but I think it is. Suddenly she came up and started singing I Am which is really really a good track!! Her voice was so haunting my goosebumps exploded. Actually, my goosebumps never left the entire showcase. She belts I Am throughout the chorus. It surprised me that the second snippet wasnt this song like we thought.

She then sang I Got You (last snippet), which is the chorus. She really nailed that one. I kinda agree with the whitney similarities though! It's really a good song and I think this is the song where she did a high falsetto because it felt like a slap in the face. i clapped and cheered.

Ladders is about her being at low points in her life, syco shit etc, but she got lost inspiriation out of it. She belted here alot too if Im not mistaken. "Hiiigher!" great song too!

Then she sang ballad Thank You, which is really beautiful. It goes Thank youuuuu with you in head voice. At the end she does a high note (not powerful, but gentle because it's a ballad). Also some head voice acrobatics at the end.LOVED IT

Fire, although she announced it as fumf, is a smash hit. Yall are not ready for vocal slayage. She started on the piano but then gave her all on stage. It's very catchy, makes you wanna dance. The bridge towards the end is focking amazing. Belts everywhere. Also little guitar solo
Defo best single choice although everything is strong.

Every song has these amazing drums.

Ive had a pic with Leona and a chat and said we on ds are all proud and supportive

Sorry for spelling mistakes, im on my phone. Questions? Shoot

Conclusion? The world aint ready

Okay so I was on the front row and she literally sang the first verse of 'I Am' to ME! I actually have no recollection of the song itself but I remember it being epic with a lot of belts!

Then she said something like "So I'm going to sing some new songs from my new album tonight. The next song is... I Got You" I was so confused all the way through the intro as to wether she was doing a 'Better in Time/Man Down' type of thing with I Got You haha.
I have no words other than it is the best track i've ever heard, it's not a grower, it literally hits you in the face and you can't help but dance. Such a Summer smash, I hope it is released around August.

Ladders I don't remember much of... Can somebody else help me out? It was a beautiful song but the whole evening has turned into a blur in my mind.

Thank You... I'll be honest, there were a couple of moments in it where I thought it may have been written by Autumn Rowe. A couple of bits just didn't seem to fit but by the end I was in tears, as was Maloy and a few of Leona's friends. Unbelievable! The chorus is so beautiful, lots of head voice, lots of little riffs, I may be mistaken but maybe a little whistle? This is literally the Footprints In The Sand, I'm hoping the actual track has a massive gospel choir in it.

Fire is just phenomenal! It just keeps building and building. There was a random guitar solo in it but I am hoping that was just for the live version because it kind of halted the song a little. Just epic! I could see the music video in my head as she was singing it.

Few thoughts... I don't think we got the full potential of the songs tonight, the sound wasn't amazing and I couldn't really hearth BV's which was a shame because I really liked them. They were giving it 100% and I think it's about time Leona got some new ones, just to freshen things up a little.

Leona was so confident when performing the songs but she was very nervous when speaking, which is understandable when presenting new material, which is very close to her heart, to new people. I just hope we get a confident Leona in interviews and such, to match the music.

There was a small section of fans at the front of the stage, I was looking around but I didn't recognise anybody! Soep? Gembla? I just recognised the girl that seems to be everywhere haha

Sorry for my silence - no internet since 2pm. Had come up to Cambridge so scurried back down to London and met up with Craig and gang at around 330. It was fine just chatting away for a few hours but as soon as we went in I became very overwhelmed and could hardly talk! Was right at front, so close to her, with no one pushing either. When she came on: so emotional, so powerful. She was relaxed yet full of attitude, clearly happy being there, in control. She looked gorgeous (tan long coat, white shirt, three quarter length demin shorts and very high heels). When she spoke she was her usual down to earth charming self. And when she sang: just goose bumps! All over, the whole time! I am and I Got You were both fab, dancy, and quite funky, really made me want to wiggle! Thank You was astonishingly beautiful and touching - a real expression of the heart, sung so gently and sweetly. Soulmusic, Ariella and Deedee will love it: I thought of you all!! And Fire: just builds and builds, like a stampede gathering momentum until it knocks you down!! It is crazy good All the songs are rich, complex, layered, personal and very musical. This is a serious artistic contribution. Really overwhelmed at the end, couldn't speak to anyone let alone stay to meet Leona! So left and hugged my memories. Just so grateful to Craig and the guy whose +1 he sorted for me whose name I have temporarily forgotten, cause basically am one mushy fan right now Will send more thoughts tomorrow. Love you all

royalan

Lead single is being added to radio (according to her manager, both UK/US) in two weeks.

No recordings though ;___;

Ugh, hurry up...I'm actually checking for her now...

I'm tired of all these damn overrated soundCloud hoes. I need Big Voiced Divasssss!!

I need competent ballads!

I need 19 second extended notes!

I need fierce diva runs over dance beats!

No more of the shitty, untalented SoundCloud flops who couldn't carry a note to save their lives and think they can hide it with weird affectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom