• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cackling-Liv-Fitz-Scandal.gif

This flawless, witch-stirring-the-pot realness

XD

When will rude? When will botty?

Rihanna only had one "flop video", which just was released about 4 days ago. Since the endless ARTPOP & the "Gaga was a victim too™" act won't stop, let's compare once again. 45S's video is doing way better than applause's video, and is catching up to its single sales too. She has yet to release BBHMM for some reason, but that'll likely get more attention then AO2 if she decides to not make the TIDAL exclusive mistake again. Rih simply doesn't care as much though, which is pretty much a difference between her and Gaga. There's little promo besides one "purchase on itunes" tweet.

gag's was up against Roar tho. does rihanna have any big competition atm?

Floridian

gag's was up against Roar tho. does rihanna have any big competition atm?

Rih doesn't have competition from the main pop girls as of now in terms of album release, but for singles, 45S & BBHMM had to deal with Uptown funk that dominated for 14 weeks straight & Sugar. Roar + Applause were more pop-radio friendly than 45S too, so they had the benefit of more radio airtime. Rih's pre-album release has been messier than Gaga's definitely, and the decisions of single releases has been failing her, along with the TIDAL exclusivity from her "3rd" single and no video for her "2nd".

3phemeral

sCSOZD

Bjork is absolutely ending me with Jóga. I can't help the tears from overflowing steadily. I can't help this hurt from almost overtaking me.

All these accidents
That happen.
Follow the dots

Coincidence
Makes sense,
Only with you

You don't have to speak.
I feel

Emotional
Landscapes
They puzzle me
The riddle gets solved
And you push me up to

This state of
Emergency
How beautiful
To be​

When those strings overlap and swell with her primal singing, the streams start falling. Especially the version from the Homogenic live album.

wmJ6LWc.gif

Floridian

The lack of pop music
and good music in general
in Watch_Dogs is DISGUSTING. Even Sleeping Gods gave me life with the music selection.

GTA V's non stop pop station shits on both, and is also the better open world game out of the three from great heights tbh.

All Saints - Pure Shores
Amerie - 1 Thing
Britney Spears - Gimme More
Corona - The Rhythm of the Night (Rapino Bros. 7" Single)
Fergie feat. Ludacris - Glamorous
Hall & Oates - Adult Education
Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Remix)
Mis-Teeq - Scandalous
Modjo - Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
N-Joi - Anthem
Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
Robyn feat. Kleerup - With Every Heartbeat
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
Wham! - Everything She Wants
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
The Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
Bobby Brown - On Our Own
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
Cassie - Me & U
Dirty Vegas - Days Go By
Dr Robert & Kym Mazelle - Wait
Gorillaz feat. De La Soul - Feel Good Inc
INXS - New Sensation
Jamiroquai - Alright
Lady Gaga - Applause
Living In A Box - Living In A Box
Lorde - Tennis Court
M.I.A. - Bad Girls
M83 - Midnight City
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me
Moloko - The Time Is Now
Morcheeba - Tape Loop (Shortcheeba Mix)
Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
Naked Eyes - Promises, Promises
Real Life - Send Me an Angel
Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue - Kids
Simply Red - Something Got Me Started (Hurley's House Mix)
Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground
Taylor Dayne - Tell It to My Heart

rhandino

Banned
GTA V's non stop pop station shits on both, and is also the better open world game out of the three from great heights tbh.

The selection of music on GTA is so flawless

wmJ6LWc.gif

But I don't like the games and I still don't know why because I liked RDR... I blame the protagonists T_T

----

Also, get into the superior Ghosttown

/s

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
joga is good. it started off as my favourite track on homogenic but now idk if i would rate it in my top 5. unravel is my favourite from that alber.

3phemeral

joga is good. it started off as my favourite track on homogenic but now idk if i would rate it in my top 5. unravel is my favourite from that alber.
Is it? I'll try listening to it again. I saw a suggested YouTube clip of Bjork and Tori Amos singing it but haven't gotten around to checking it out.

rude

Banned
BTW is not better than Applause. BTW is practically unlistenable - I still live for the first minute of the music video though.

Frodo

Embarrassing. Margaret Thatcher was a trash human being.

Not the best person to quote about being #unapologetc.

Agreed.

Madonna, get on with the facts that there are documents proving that she knew about the paedophile ring in the UK and she decided to hide it because of reasons. Apparently it is better for kids to be abused in private then a government going through a scandal. No excuses.

Shame.

Deja Vu is uninteresting and borderline unlistenable, I don't know what all of you are talking about.

I've listened to it quite a few times and absolutely nothing from it has stuck in my head.

Deja Vu is uninteresting and borderline unlistenable, I don't know what all of you are talking about.

I've listened to it quite a few times and absolutely nothing from it has stuck in my head.

Clearly listening to too much ARTPOP has damaged your ability to tell what a good song is.

If you do not get your absolute LIFE from Sia's deja vuuuuuuuuuuuus then I don't know what to say except see an audiologist.

5lnS0JZ.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not Margaret Thatcher! Someone stop M! Her instagram is destroying her legacy day by day!

hlsnsrUh.gif

I don't get this gif
are they supposed to be fighting of r8?
or was it made before she became a disaster and is reversed for kiis

rhandino

Banned
I wanted to say that "Deja Vu" is shit but...

I've fallen for you
I'm feeling a deja vu
Deja vu

I've fallen for you
Now I've got nothing to do
Deja vu, deja vu
Deja vu, deja vu

xxTgRiT.gif

I can't deny the life I'm getting from Sia, her banshee screams. Too bad the song is to short =/

Trigger

iXIEXSA27NMpU.gif

Deju Vu is very listenable, but it's not really punching. Yado is right in calling it generic. Sia's vocals save the song for me.

Floridian

Like I said yesterday, déjà vu is just there. It's not groundbreaking, legendary nor special. Definitely not "song of the year" either although I think that statement was intentionally exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom