• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

I would just like to say that RIHfund is a tragic mess and deserves to flop like she is now. The embarrassment. The fact that she can't get a #1 anymore is just dire. The fact that a Tidal wave drowned the boats in their sleep. 3 singles out now all out the top 20 on iTunes, I thought she was the queen of the digital age. What happened? Bitch ain't nobody got no money for her singles and let's not even go into this album who's sales trajectory will plummet faster than SHARTPOP. A damn mess. The boats should abandon ship now. It's sinking. It's over.

Drag ha.

M8beDAO.gif

Slay ha.

tJwj1cT.gif

Read ha.

RootingForYou.gif

/s

Aguila

#ICONIC
I would just like to say that RIHfund is a tragic mess and deserves to flop like she is now. The embarrassment. The fact that she can't get a #1 anymore is just dire. The fact that a Tidal wave drowned the boats in their sleep. 3 singles out now all out the top 20 on iTunes, I thought she was the queen of the digital age. What happened? Bitch ain't nobody got no money for her singles and let's not even go into this album who's sales trajectory will plummet faster than SHARTPOP. A damn mess. The boats should abandon ship now. It's sinking. It's over.

It's so sad, the depths to which they have SUNK, but, still, they cling to the Rhat's forehead, the tallest peak on Earth, trying to survive.

ibHqsSoDL8zpK.gif

cory64

Robyn Fenty has the most #1 singles of any person fully composed of living tissue.
She is GETTING her damn money and is positively unbothered by the reception to this era. Take note of her #1 global smash movie, "Home," take note of her flawless performance of BBHMM, take noTe of the fear she struck into Bayonse Giselle's eyes at the Tidal event. The singles for R8 have been serving quality and iconic production, not precalculated smashes like $1989. Maybe you need to breathe out, breathe in and get some American Oxygen to your brain before you come for the Bajan Queen again.

B-Dex

Robyn Fenty has the most #1 singles of any person fully composed of living tissue.
She is GETTING her damn money and is positively unbothered by the reception to this era. Take note of her #1 global smash movie, "Home," take note of her flawless performance of BBHMM, take noTe of the fear she struck into Bayonse Giselle's eyes at the Tidal event. The singles for R8 have been serving quality and iconic production, not precalculated smashes like $1989. Maybe you need to breathe out, breathe in and get some American Oxygen to your brain before you come for the Bajan Queen again.

Arguing with alt accounts. Sis. Love yourself.

To some trashy EDM this morning. I think I need to go out tonight. BlueBadger meet me at da club later. Or any other BC hews but I don't think anyone else is here. Koodo it's only like a 6 hour drive gurl.

I clearly saw this too late hahahaha i'm so sorry ;_; <3!

srsly tho we should put on our dancing shoes sometime :D

iYOoQ4f01OasZ.gif

rude

Banned
I've been listening to Put It Up a lot ever since it leaked yesterday. It really would've been a good smash on Unapologetic. How was Chris Brown's last album?

cory64

I've been listening to Put It Up a lot ever since it leaked yesterday. It really would've been a good smash on Unapologetic. How was Chris Brown's last album?
Resident Chris Brown stan Mau seemed to like it.
Or maybe he went back and forth on it. I can't remember

Regardless, it contained the flawless Onika verse on Love More

Aguila

#ICONIC
The fact that the Navy now has to rely on dragging Rita Ora to compete &#128514;
Like, really. They need to pick on somebody less successful like Lady Gaga. FIRO has peaked higher than both in the last year. What an icon. What a superstar. &#128557;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Like, really. They need to pick on somebody less successful like Lady Gaga. FIRO has peaked higher than both in the last two years. What an icon. What a superstar. &#128557;

50 Shades of Grey
Fast and The Furious 6
Her appearance and performance on the popular show "Empire"
The hit song New York Raining
Rimmel London Ad
Adida's Campaign
Multiple fashion shows
Black Widow
Doing it

She just keeps winning.
Rita+Ora+laughes.gif

3phemeral

Finally been able to let Homogenic/US Version/Live album absorb into my being and:

God tier:
All is Full of Love
Joga
Bachelorette
So Broken (such a gorgeous spanish guitar)
Hunter
Immature
All Neon Like (live version)​

-----​

Good:
5 Years
Alarm Call
Pluto (though, this might move up a notch)
Unravel​

-----​

On the Fence:
All Neon Like (I love the production but not feeling anything else yet) The live version is amazing​

What I'm loving about Bjork is that she can be unapologetically simple in her lyrical expression -- and she can get away with it because of her ability to evoke this childlike naivete that emotes so purely. A great example of this is on her previous album, Post, with Hyperballad:

Every morning
I walk
Towards the edge
And throw little things off
Like car parts, bottles and cutlery
Or whatever
I find
Lying around
It's become a habit
A way
To start the day​

And when the chorus hits, the sentiment is so incredibly sincere that you can somehow relate to her experience:

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you

Even when she discusses suicide, it still retains this spirit of innocence:

Imagine what my body would sound like
Slamming
Against those rocks
And when it lands
Will my eyes
Be closed or open?​

I feel sorry for Robyn and Tori Amos attempting to cover this and failing to deliver it believably.

Continuing with the theme of simplicity, Bjork gives no fucks when she wants to be as succinct as possible, as is the case with this 4-minute song Pluto consisting of only these lyrics and in no way repeated in the traditional chorus/verse fashion:

Excuse me
But I just have to
Explode
Explode this body
Off me

I'll be brand new
Brand new tomorrow
A little bit tired
But brand new​

There's also something about that childlike quality that can be incredibly harsh, as on songs like 5 years:

You think you're denying me of something
Well, I've got plenty
You're the one who's missing out
But you won't notice
'Til after five years
If you'll live that long
You'll wake up
All loveless​

I mean, who says that? "'Til after 5 years, if you live that long" END HIM.

All is Full of Love, Joga, So Broken and Bachelorette are all fighting to be my favorite Homogenic track. Bachelorette is so epic and the live version ends lives.

9UlGbF

Bjorksus, doing Artpop and Bionic both before and better.

77Svlq

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
cover400x400.jpeg

Release Date&#65306;June 12th.
Tracklist&#65306;
1 Ghost Town
2 The Original High
3 Another Lonely Night
4 Underground
5 There I Said It
6 Rumors (feat. Tove Lo)
7 Evil In the Night
8 Lucy (feat. Brian May)
9 Things I Didn't Say
10 The Light
11 Heavy Fire
12 After Hours (Bonus Track)
13 Shame (Bonus Track)
14 These Boys (Bonus Track)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what's going on in your head now
maybe something i said i
know that you've been living in the past
what's going on in your head now
maybe something i said i-

ild6jPKPhmo5H.gif

it's driving me crazy
you can try the lie
but you're not gonna deny
not gonna deny
no you're not gonna deny
not gonna deny my love

ild6jPKPhmo5H.gif

you can run to the hillside
you can close your eyes
but you're not gonna deny
not gonna deny
no you're not gonna deny
not gonna deny my love
you can't deny my love

my internet has been so shit the past three days I feel like I've missed most of these convos mess

as an update tho gaga posted an instagram pic with the caption "ARTPOP"

if she's not going to release act 2 could she just never mention it again
sZtcj21.png

Serving me late 2013 era Soulscribe teas rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom