• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
rep.gif

I am confused. Are you saying that people are more okay with a faceless corporation (who are people too now, btw) raping artists that they sign than the artists themselves seeking to profit from their endeavors?
Yes I am. Jay-Z is trying to draw away attention from the fact that all of those artists are worth billions of dollars by saying that his COMPANY isn't worth that much. Like, bye sis.

A company being worth a lot benefits a LOT more people than one person being worth a lot. One rich person = one rich person. One successful company = many jobs. Yes there will still be a handful of people ~behind the scenes~ who benefit from a successful company but there's a higher chance of it benefiting more people.

Yes I am. Jay-Z is trying to draw away attention from the fact that all of those artists are worth billions of dollars by saying that his COMPANY isn't worth that much. Like, bye sis.

A company being worth a lot benefits a LOT more people than one person being worth a lot. One rich person = one rich person. One successful company = many jobs. Yes there will still be a handful of people ~behind the scenes~ who benefit from a successful company but there's a higher chance of it benefiting more people.

Heehee. Are you from America? Because in America corporations may be making more money than ever, but only pay workers at a wage that has been stagnant for 20+ years while corporate profits have grown by 300%. All the while they look for different ways to screw Americans out of jobs and still expect the under compensated masses to pay ever increasing prices for the slave labored products they put out. Successful companies only benefit the people who run successful companies. And if you get big enough, you don't even have to run it well because the taxpayer will bail you out when you fuck up.

I've got no heartburn with artists, who have to recoup record company advances and pay everyone but themselves first, trying to get more money. The people aren't buying these songs based on who wrote or produced these songs. They're buying them based on the recognizable face and voice singing them. BUT! Since you are "just the singer" (puppet) you don't deserve any money, although no one would be buying it without your popular face attached to it. And to make a bad situation worse, unless you somehow negotiated a hell of a deal, (and wrote, recorded, and produced all your music) record companies own the music you created up to 25 years (and keep 90% of the profits for themselves), and if you got really lucky and got a 360 deal, they now get a cut of your tour grosses and merchandising.

But whatever, go in for the record companies, I guess.
iYOoQ4f01OasZ.gif

Heehee. Are you from America? Because in America corporations may be making more money than ever, but only pay workers at a wage that has been stagnant for 20+ years while corporate profits have grown by 300%. All the while they look for different ways to screw Americans out of jobs and still expect the under compensated masses to pay ever increasing prices for the slave labored products they put out. Successful companies only benefit the people who run successful companies. And if you get big enough, you don't even have to run it well because the taxpayer will bail you out when you fuck up.

I've got no heartburn with artists, who have to recoup record company advances and pay everyone but themselves first, trying to get more money. The people aren't buying these songs based on who wrote or produced these songs. They're buying them based on the recognizable face and voice singing them. BUT! Since you are "just the singer" (puppet) you don't deserve any money, although no one would be buying it without your popular face attached to it. And to make a bad situation worse, unless you somehow negotiated a hell of a deal, (and wrote, recorded, and produced all your music) record companies own the music you created up to 25 years (and keep 90% of the profits for themselves), and if you got really lucky and got a 360 deal, they now get a cut of your tour grosses and merchandising.

But whatever, go in for the record companies, I guess.
iYOoQ4f01OasZ.gif
wat
I am not talking about screwing "the artist". I am solely talking about Jay Z trying to pretend that he's not worth millions of dollars by saying his company isn't worth that much.

You completely missed that so I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that.

Yado

wat
I am not talking about screwing "the artist". I am solely talking about Jay Z trying to pretend that he's not worth millions of dollars by saying his company isn't worth that much.

You completely missed that so I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that.

His own personal worth doesn't really have anything to do with the worth of his company.

His own personal worth doesn't really have anything to do with the worth of his company.
But it does have everything to do with Tidal's attempted grassroots-chic, which is what he's defending. The "anti-TIDAL campaign" he's talking about is literally coming from consumers who saw through his marketing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
URBAN

9 Up this week CIARA I Bet 2520 2316 204 13.791

+32 spins
+41 bullet
+0.262 audience

RHYTHMIC

23 Up this week CIARA I Bet 1294 1214 80 7.225

+25 spins
+22 bullet
+0.049 audience

URBAN AC

48 Up this week CIARA I Bet 57 43 14 0.189

+3 spins
+3 bullet
+0.014 audience

Slé a bit Ciara!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ciara really is gorgeous these days, can't deny it. Things were starting to get a little tragic during her Promise era...

She better keep the stylists. She looks amazing these days. Her debut hair color was a big no no.

Top of The Page Edit: Preorder Ciara's new album "Jackie" (Deluxe Edition) available on iTunes.
cover600x600.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom