• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

But, by holding the mirror, you yourself have become an active participant in the community.

iWK1jdaYzlNYl.gif

What kind of quantum mechanic double-slit teas?

T7C8Li
oCi5Dm

Frodo

My purpose on NeoGaf is to hold up a mirror. What perceived impact I've had is your impact. Do not blame me for displaying your...sordid actions and beliefs.

iMvcq9JlMqJuU.gif

Cammy. Her era. Her impact. When will your fave Nintendo's executive vice president of sales & marketing, really?

zpOdRhf.gif

Nemesis_

Nintendo were so progressive hiring a working mother in the role of VP of Sales and Marketing.

Literally when will anyone else?

iUb0X1FN5SLFE.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Although I am expecting it to got up at some point, American Oxygen is rihanna's lowest charting single ever, and that includes features and the random singles that get sent to radio to die

Frodo

Although I am expecting it to got up at some point, American Oxygen is rihanna's lowest charting single ever, and that includes features and the random singles that get sent to radio to die

It is not like it doesn't deserve its fate, though...
Whoever came up with the idea of that being a single was out of their head.

Let us HOPE the quality of the singles so far doesn't reflect the quality of the entire albern...Otherwise... Urgh. Don't even want to think about it.

Floridian

I remember rih getting a #1 with her 4th single during the Rated R era with Rude Boy aka her best song. Interesting if that happens to rihpeat itself. 😏

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I remember rih getting a #1 with her 4th single during the Rated R era with Rude Boy aka her best song. Interesting if that happens to rihpeat itself. 😏

not you counting a random cover song for charity as part of the era

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ciara should give Rhat the One, Two Step™ kick and release "That's How I'm Feelin'" (ft. Missy Elliott & Pitbull) now to send her back to Barbados.
3f8b41cab5.gif

Floridian

Is "boat" that supposed to be an insult or something? How lame for whoever came up with that struggle-term
KuGsj.gif

Are you calling me fat? Reported.
I started liking Rihanna because of Pour It Up but I haven't listened to every album she's put out so idk
A lot of her good/best songs aren't even the singles, so u should look deep into her albums to find more gems from her tbh.

Vazra

Walk that walk
Show me how you move it
Can you walk that talk?
Put some snap into it

It's your chance now
Girl, you better dance now
It's your time to show it all
The spotlight is on you, you better
(Let's go!)

Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, you better work

Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work

T4SfUg4.gif

Matt_

Walk that walk
Show me how you move it
Can you walk that talk?
Put some snap into it

It's your chance now
(Let's go!)

Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work

Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work

T4SfUg4.gif

legit one of my fave songs

Walk that walk
Show me how you move it
Can you walk that talk?
Put some snap into it

It's your chance now
(Let's go!)

Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work

Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work
Work, work, work, work

T4SfUg4.gif
wait at this slaying quite a bit
I use
T4SfUg4.gif

SaintZ

Jay Z is tweeting about Tidal
Mr. Carter @S_C_ · 59m 59 minutes ago

Tidal is doing just fine. We have over 770,000 subs. We have been in business less than one month. #TidalFacts
Mr. Carter @S_C_ · 50m 50 minutes ago

There are many big companies that are spending millions on a smear campaign. We are not anti-anyone, we are pro-artist & fan. #TidalFacts
Mr. Carter @S_C_ · 47m 47 minutes ago

We made Tidal for fans. We have more than just music. We have video, exclusive concerts, tickets for events early, live sports!...
Mr. Carter @S_C_ · 40m 40 minutes ago

Indie artists who want to work directly w/ us keep 100% of their music. "If you don't want the CEOs all in the videos" haa #tidalfacts
Move on Jay Z

This is my favourite one:
Rich getting richer? Equity values... YouTube $390 billion. Apple $760 billion. Spotify $8 billion. Tidal $60 million. #TidalFacts
completely missing the point that people aren't annoyed at corporations being worth more but people who are collectively worth BILLIONS asking for more money.

Vazra

I see you sittin' all alone
Tell me tho
Do you got a girl at home
Gotta know is she taking care of you
Like I would do
Then you said I don't have a girl
But I'm feelin you
Just then it came as a surprised when he looked into my eyes
Never walked up to a guy
But here I go

I don't wanna waste your time
I just wanna make you mine
Wanna play with you all night
So tell me what your name is
And I know I'm acting strange
Girls ain't supposed talk this way
But I can't let you slip away
So tell me what your name is
Totally-Pointe-Ballet-Body-Roll.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Where Have You Been is Rhat's best song. Reasons:

1. It's lyrically simple, but thematically deep. Who exactly is "you"? Where exactly is she or the "you" she is looking for? The answer to these exestential questions and more are demanded of the listener, likely in club-setting in which said listener will be able to question his/her existence and the purpose of his/her wasted life. The song of our lost generation tbh.

2. It provides one of the few instances where her screeching gives me life.

4. The drop is still fire.

3. It produced her best video where she actually embraced her sewer rhat origins in the first and last scenes.

WHYB, ha peak.
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

This is my favourite one:

completely missing the point that people aren't annoyed at corporations being worth more but people who are collectively worth BILLIONS asking for more money.

I am confused. Are you saying that people are more okay with a faceless corporation (who are people too now, btw) raping artists that they sign than the artists themselves seeking to profit from their endeavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom