• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

You can stream Pretty Girls on Spotify and VEVO tbh

JH0pXRq.gif

rhandino

Banned
What kind of disposable yet flawless BOP

Gret1.gif

And what in the world! This shit is really Fancy 2.0, you can even replace the "All around the world, Pretty Girls..." with "I'm so fancy~" and no one will notice the difference...

gret17.gif

All around the world, pretty girls
Wipe the floor with all the boys
Pour the drinks, bring the noise
We're just so pretty!
All around the world, pretty girls
Jump the line, to the front
Do what we like, get what we want
We're just so pretty!

kissforu.gif

Vapid lyrics, trash artist (Eggs), and boring beat, this shit is going to be the summer anthem isn't?

ibfgAa9i8JmQCl.gif

Oh! and welcome back Godels!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tell me, is it true that these men are from Mars?
Is that why they be acting bizarre?
Every time I walk out of my house it's like, "Hey, baby!"
They don't see me rolling my eyes
They buzzing around me like flies
They got one thing on their minds
(Some things don't change...)

aye this song is doing it for me so much

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Was pretty girls originally a little mix song? or was it just written by them and the invisible men?

royalan
Banned
(Today, 09:13 AM)

rip

the curse of britney spears

Bladenic

I got excited for nothing. Pretty Girls is straight up trash. Everything about is so muted. Not even the beat saves it, it's actually really boring. Iggy does nothing for the song, but that's actually a compliment. She doesn't bring it down at all, it would still be boring throwaway barely qualifying as album filler trash.

Britney please go back to making bops. It's debatable how much she's cared in forever but hell the singles from Femme Fatale were all massive bops. Work Bitch was alright for a while. Pretty Girls deserves to be forgotten. It's probably gonna be a hit.

I got excited for nothing. Pretty Girls is straight up trash. Everything about is so muted. Not even the beat saves it, it's actually really boring. Iggy does nothing for the song, but that's actually a compliment. She doesn't bring it down at all, it would still be boring throwaway barely qualifying as album filler trash.

Britney please go back to making bops. It's debatable how much she's cared in forever but hell the singles from Femme Fatale were all massive bops. Work Bitch was alright for a while. Pretty Girls deserves to be forgotten. It's probably gonna be a hit.

K

SaintZ

Was pretty girls originally a little mix song? or was it just written by them and the invisible men?
Iggy explained the LM situation on twatter:
@IGGYAZALEA

@UpgradeYourStat Actually the invisible men wrote britneys parts and i wrote my own parts plus rewrote parts of the hook...
@IGGYAZALEA

@UpgradeYourStat when the I.M wrote the demo version little mix where in the session and therefore they have remained on the credits
@IGGYAZALEA

@MEGENTRIPODI they were working with the invisible men on their own album and one of the songs they deemed was a very early version on PG
@IGGYAZALEA

@MEGENTRIPODI but they remain on the credits as they were part of the original demo. thats how writing credits work.

rip Roy tho, Birtney probably needed a sacrifice.

Floridian

Good response. Can't take some criticism for your once popular fave? It's a shit song. But I guess since it's #2 on kworb who cares about quality?

Since when is quality usually represented in the hot 100 anyway? I wouldn't call any of the top 20 currently quality songs, but that's up for subjective interpretation.

3phemeral

I'm having trouble getting into Vespertine. I love love LOVE Pagan Poetry and Hidden Place is cute, but everything else I've been needing to do more re-listens to try to feel them out better and nothing is sticking as easily as prior albums. So far, as much as I thought I wouldn't say this Homogenic > Post > Debut > Vespertine.

QIwHcl

rhandino

Banned
I'm having trouble getting into Vespertine. I love love LOVE Pagan Poetry and Hidden Place is cute, but everything else I've been needing to do more re-listens to try to feel them out better and nothing is sticking as easily as prior albums. So far, as much as I thought I wouldn't say this Homogenic > Post > Debut > Vespertine.

QIwHcl
This is all that matters tbh, have you seen the video already? True Artpop, Gaga will NEVAH!

sVslm3y.gif

3phemeral

This is all that matters tbh, have you seen the video already? True Artpop, Gaga will NEVAH!

sVslm3y.gif

Whenever I go through an album, I listen to its live counterpart, the music video, and any interviews she may have done explaining the creative process. And yes, Gaga could never.

9UlGbF

All a cohesive artistic vision of visuals and music all coordinated by her. I also love the she considers herself unapologetically pop in that her goal is essentially to house universal emotional concepts that the everyperson can resonate with, yet use an innovative package as the vehicle of delivery.

Yado

I think Vespertine kind of tapers off midway, just after Aurora. Unison is my favourite song on there though.

3phemeral

I think Vespertine kind of tapers off midway, just after Aurora. Unison is my favourite song on there though.
Ah, yes, thank you for reminding me of that. Unison does build into something grand at that end when those strings swell tandem with her singing. Definitely a slow grower.

Coolluck

On-topic: Sad to see Uptown Funk go given that there are no appropriate replacements in this Spring of Our Discontent.

This might be a little off-topic but who is the monster in the gifs that seem to have popped up recently. Is she from some trashy reality TV show? Figured I might as well ask now since most gifs on POP-GAF are posted ad nauseam and It will just bug me more and more.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
On-topic: Sad to see Uptown Funk go given that there are no appropriate replacements in this Spring of Our Discontent.

This might be a little off-topic but who is the monster in the gifs that seem to have popped up recently. Is she from some trashy reality TV show? Figured I might as well ask now since most gifs on POP-GAF are posted ad nauseam and It will just bug me more and more.

You talking trash about Queen Gretchen?
briga.gif

rhandino

Banned

She is some kind of big celeb on Brazil or something...

g8.gif

Bitch where you when I was walkin'
Now I run the game got the whole world talkin', King Kunta
Everybody wanna cut the legs off him, King Kunta
Black man takin' no losses, oh yeah
Bitch where you when I was walkin'
Now I run the game, got the whole world talkin', King Kunta
Everybody wanna cut the legs off him, King Kunta

Whew.

awk1TA8.gif

My favorite song so far this year. <3

Haven't listened to Pretty Girls, but I'm okay