• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Banned
tumblr_nld8pu51mx1tnpzv5o3_400.gif
Would smash. It's obvious that his boyfriend doesn't know what do do with all that.

Mau ®

Cause all of my kindness
Is taken for weakness
Now I'm fourfiveseconds from wildin'
And we got three more days til' Friday
I'm just trying to make it back home by Monday mornin'
I swear I wish somebody would tell me
Ohh that's all I want!!

BOP!

3phemeral

New Jill Scott. I'm quite certain you young people aren't ready.
The funny thing about my discovery of Jill Scott is that my friend took me to see a drag show in Long Beach, CA and one of the queens there sang "A Long Walk" and I absolutely died.

Also, the chills I get when I listen to this version of "You Got Me."

That breakdown after Jill's wailing is spine-tingling amazing.

When you’re around me, I’m radioactive
My blood is burning, radioactive
I'm turning radioactive
My blood is radioactive
My heart is nuclear
Love is all that I fear
I'm turning radioactive
My blood is radioactive

tumblr_mazd6w4jm61qcv2lbo1_500.gif

3phemeral

Everyone take an hour out of your day to listen to this rare, recently released Mariah interview.

I listened to that the other day and I love how she discusses critics talking about similarities in some of her songs and sets them straight. I also like how she flat-out refused tracks from Diane Warren and explains her songwriting process and how she tackles her album tracks versus remix tracks. She also goes in on people who hounded her for "suddenly being black."

Everyone take an hour out of your day to listen to this rare, recently released Mariah interview.
Anyone who compares Mariah with Ariana needs to listen to this.

Worlds apart as far as artistry goes. Less than three hours of sleep and still able to articulate her songwriting process so clearly.

Some research I'd like to present to the gallery, but I'll begin with my hypothesis: I think Mariah's finally going to open the floodgates and unleash the immense discography locked away in Sony's archives from the 90s.

Exhibit A: Mariah's back at Sony, and about to embark on what essentially amounts to a "Greatest Hits"/career retrospective tour.

1425932335386.jpg

If there's a better time to revisit her past classics, released and unreleased, then tell me what that time is.

Exhibit B: Mariah just tweeted a few days ago that she was listening to her old demo tape, the infamous Ark of the Covenant that launched her career that fateful party with Tommy.

d0dd197bb7.png

Exhibit C: Around the same time, Tommy Mottola's daughter left this intriguing post on Instagram:

422c6a24ea.png

Exhibit D: A mysterious video uploaded to YouTube recently, its authenticity still under question but certainly matching what we do know about the demo tape (a stronger Motown vibe, bigger emphasis on layered vocals). And that voice is unmistakably Mariah's.

All in all, it appears that something is going to happen soon. The prospect of potentially waking up to dozens of new, unheard Mariah tracks from her prime is something that seems so unreal, it fills me with a frenzied excitement.

Is now the time? Stay tuned for Part 2, sistren~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom