• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
People clinging to the past need to let go, Gags ain't got time to appease people stuck on LoveGame and Bad Romance, she needs to move along and evolve. If you haven't been feeling it since 2009 then that probably means she's not for you, but you can still enjoy those 5-6 songs she made back in the day

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People clinging to the past need to let go, Gags ain't got time to appease people stuck on LoveGame and Bad Romance, she needs to move along and evolve. If you haven't been feeling it since 2009 then that probably means she's not for you, but you can still enjoy those 5-6 songs she made back in the day

You mean the only 5-6 songs that will pass the test of time? Then sure.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

evolve? rofl, her output past TFM has basically been trash. the sooner the munsters admit this to themselves the sooner the healing process can begin.

The New Classic came out in 2014 though?
no.gif

mess
f5YRn6M.jpg

evolve? rofl, her output past TFM has basically been trash. the sooner the munsters admit this to themselves the sooner the healing process can begin.
no.gif

The sooner you realize that people enjoy music that isn't in line with your own definition of quality (and given your Rebel Heart review, you should have already done realized it) the sooner you can heal yourself and accept the change <3

Also you loved the most quintessentially "new Gaga" tracks on Born This Way so don't you front, miss highway unicorn :p

Vazra

Invites, non-stop
Bleached out (fuck it), blue yachts
You join, my club
Luke loves (love it), your stuff

Oh dear God, do you get me now, do you get me now, oh, you do?
Wow you're awesome
Oh dear God, I'm a killer now, I'm a killer now (killer now, killer now, killer now)

You said you wanna bang
Well
Fuck you! Sucker!
You said you wanna bang
Well
Fuck you! Sucker!

Shit on Dr. Luke some more Charli
ibh7AhkYzZ54fQ.gif

rhandino

Banned
LOL you all need to move on tbfh because Lady Gaga will NEVER top how flawless she was during The Fame (and The Fame Monster) era

obaVBQP.jpg

And she can't go back to the crazy antics after she ruined that gimmick with how over the top she was during the Artpop era. I am totally here for the new and restrained Lady Gaga...

... except Jazzga, she can burn in a fire if I had to endure her and Tony again.

Vazra

LOL you all need to move on tbfh because Lady Gaga will NEVER top how flawless she was during The Fame (and The Fame Monster) era

obaVBQP.jpg

And she can't go back to the crazy antics after she ruined that gimmick with how over the top she was during the Artpop era. I am totally here for the new and restrained Lady Gaga...

... except Jazzga, she can burn in a fire if I had to endure her and Tony again.

The only era I liked from Gaga was The Fame and Fame Monster. The Fame Monster showed a bit of the monster she would become for the BTW era and the mess for Artpop but still tolerable and fashion on point. I'd be here for a down to earth (visuals) Gaga if she doesnt get as pretentious or pandering as the later albums.

Partition

Banned

gurl you can't blame those people when she is back to working with R E D O N E. GaGa is stuck in the past just as much as her fans.

rhandino

Banned
The only era I liked from Gaga was The Fame and Fame Monster. The Fame Monster showed a bit of the monster she would become for the BTW era and the mess for Artpop but still tolerable and fashion on point. I'd be here for a down to earth (visuals) Gaga if she doesnt get as pretentious or pandering as the later albums.
YAAAAAAAS! That's the thing, until The Fame Monster everything was on point even if it was starting to get messy. BTW was like the floodgates of "real Gaga" opened and we all were covered in that slime...

Partition

Banned
Gaga can't win with anyone.

I mean, basically this is true. Gaga could release a true artistic slay (aka what BTW wishes it was) and she would still piss off a lot of people clamouring for her to return to ha basic pop roots. Or she could work with re-re-re-redon-e-e-e and get laughed at for trying the same old tricks. Regardless I think people would be the happiest if she stuck with her original aesthetic, even if it's the opposite of what I want from her.

Vazra

not even going to wade into this one tbh
I'm too tired for y'all not recognising art + beauty

The Fame / The Fame Monster = Perfection
Born This Way = The level of pandering threw me off.
Artpop = Main issue was talking about the album as something revolutionary when it was an average EDM/Dance Pop album. Also the entire promo/fashion before the album release was a mess.

The Fame / The Fame Monster = Perfection
Born This Way = The level of pandering threw me off.
Artpop = Main issue was talking about the album as something revolutionary when it was an average EDM/Dance Pop album. Also the entire promo/fashion before the album release was a mess.
I like that you didn't just say "they're shit" tbh. Slé

Floridian

I mean, basically this is true. Gaga could release a true artistic slay (aka what BTW wishes it was) and she would still piss off a lot of people clamouring for her to return to ha basic pop roots. Or she could work with re-re-re-redon-e-e-e and get laughed at for trying the same old tricks. Regardless I think people would be the happiest if she stuck with her original aesthetic, even if it's the opposite of what I want from her.

I personally believe that TFM is excellent & BTW is decent. I'm indifferent about TF, but ARTPOP was where I disapproved. At this point, as long as her music doesn't sound as half-assed as it was on her previous album, i'm fine with any "gimmick" that'll work for her, if that means having to go back to Red-one. It doesn't have to be an exact replicate of TF/TFM, but her next work needs to be sure of not having shitty hooks & less filler.

Vazra

I like that you didn't just say "they're shit" tbh. Slé
They are not shit but the later albums simply forgot the carelessness and playfulness while still feeling smart to a degree The Fame/TFM had. She comes up a try hard on the later albums from the music to the way she was portraying herself when starting her career she was simply an normal girl with a weird fashion style. The different times I saw Gaga use more natural looks I've said she should try that for one of the eras and just do a relaxed chill album.

Frodo

Listening to Erotica now and, everyone says Madonna should do a new Ray of Light of a new Confessions, but she really should go back to those Erotica vibes. No need for the SEX sub-context, just the style. Sooo good.

What a lovely way to burn.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
you know what annoys me is the munsters pretending that what people want is TFM part II instead of just good music

rhandino

Banned
Listening to Erotica now and, everyone says Madonna should do a new Ray of Light of a new Confessions, but she really should go back to those Erotica vibes. No need for the SEX sub-context, just the style. Sooo good.

What a lovely way to burn.

Fq96U8Y.gif

I like the aesthetic used during the Erotica era, I don't think they could be replicated in this day and age without looking over the top but it was an incredible era for Madonna tbh

you know what annoys me is the munsters pretending that what people want is TFM part II instead of just good music
Well, since Gaga is working with RedOne I think that even she thinks that TFM era was the last time she made good music, kii

I can't care less for BTW and Artpop, except the 3 songs of that album that I still use

EDIT: I just want good music paired with interesting aesthetics and visuals from her

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
EDIT: I just want good music paired with interesting aesthetics and visuals from her

that's all anyone wants from her. whether the munsters care to admit it or not there's been a decline in quality from gaga. you only need to look at the metascores and lack of public interest to see that.

what i want is 'TFM part II' in terms of the QUALITY of the music and the QUALITY of the artistry. get out of here with the 'you don't want her to evolve!!!' nonsense. some of my favourite artists have evolved massively over their careers. i don't want anybody stuck in a time vortex circa their best album.

but what gaga has done is not evolve, it was to release an album of so-so music and pair it with been-there-done-that trimmings, and then she followed it up with the worst, most artless kind of jazz standards album you could care to imagine. that's not evolution.

you only need to look at the metascores
you-have-to-stop.gif

Metacritic is a JOKE. Seriously. They let a review in for BTW that was literally a 0 - the reviewer said that the album was "self aware" or something and couldn't be constrained to a mortal scale. MESS.

Regardless of that, as a platform, it is a useless, arbitrary number that is losing relevance. Thankfully, gaming companies are less and less relying on it as a metric for bonuses/success.

I mean, look at House of Cards S3 - it has a good metacritic score despite the overwhelming feeling towards it from fans being "meh" as fuck.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
you-have-to-stop.gif

Metacritic is a JOKE. Seriously. They let a review in for BTW that was literally a 0 - the reviewer said that the album was "self aware" or something and couldn't be constrained to a mortal scale. MESS.

Regardless of that, as a platform, it is a useless, arbitrary number that is losing relevance. Thankfully, gaming companies are less and less relying on it as a metric for bonuses/success.

I mean, look at House of Cards S3 - it has a good metacritic score despite the overwhelming feeling towards it from fans being "meh" as fuck.

darling there is more change that Putin appears on the next series of drag race than godel dropping ha fixation with metacritic

royalan

Excuse you, don't you and I stan for Beyonce Giselle Knowles the queen of monotonous haircuts and outfits literally lifted from 3 month old runway shows worn photoshop-ly on her hashtag-less instagram because she can't spell for shit

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS SIS

DRAG HAGONCE FOR ETERNAL LIFE

ABOUT TIME

Partition

Banned
I mean the superior melodies in BTW and the complexity and uniqueness of production was definitely an evolution for her, but we can continue to pretend that the few rancid tracks, and sloppy music videos / performances, defined the entire album. ARTPOP on the other hand was like 3 steps back.

Yado

I'd be surprised if the people who post metacritic scores really do take it seriously tbh, it just seems like an easy tool to annoy people who do.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I mean the superior melodies in BTW and the complexity and uniqueness of production was definitely an evolution for her, but we can continue to pretend that the few rancid tracks, and sloppy music videos / performances, defined the entire album. ARTPOP on the other hand was like 3 steps back.

I think BTW definitely had its issues but I can definitely buy into it being an evolution, or at least, it is not such an obvious step backwards in quality

also kiiii @ the fuming over metacritic. it's funny how only the people whose faves struggle on the site hate it &#55357;&#56384;

Partition

Banned
I think BTW definitely had its issues but I can definitely buy into it being an evolution, or at least, it is not such an obvious step backwards in quality

also kiiii @ the fuming over metacritic. it's funny how only the people whose faves struggle on the site hate it &#65533;&#65533;

Much of the hate towards BTW stems from the things that don't have to do with the music. Lbr a lot of gays jumped on Gaga simply because she was poised to be the next Madonna - she pretty much marketed herself as such. As soon as she became messy and not the concise, calculated manufactured slay that she was, it was over for many people. The album was just a bit too early in her career really.

also kiiii @ the fuming over metacritic. it's funny how only the people whose faves struggle on the site hate it &#65533;&#65533;
Lmao, Gaga's overall score is only 5 lower than Beyoncé. But Gaga is shit, Beyoncé slays etc cus metacritic said so?

Partition

Banned
Lmao, Gaga's overall score is only 5 lower than Beyoncé. But Gaga is shit, Beyoncé slays etc cus metacritic said so?

Gaga's highest score comes from TFM, at 78 with a scant 14 reviews. Really, people shouldn't use the scores if they have less than 20 reviews, it means nothing really. Bey managed to hold onto 85 with almost 35 reviews. No other major popstar has done that.

Gaga's highest score comes from TFM, at 78 with a scant 14 reviews. Really, people shouldn't use the scores if they have less than 20 reviews, it means nothing really. Bey managed to hold onto 85 with almost 35 reviews. No other major popstar has done that.
Yet tbh. :p

But some of godel's faves have like 4 reviews so I'll take 14 tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom