• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
p1BKnc9.gif

pls don't be a 2013 rihpeat

Floridian

If grammies = talented then why does Britney Spears have one?

smh at this INSIDIOUS misrepresentation.

0UWG2GC.png

2 versions, 90 million views, 1 queen.
a5Js4pn.gif

I'm only focused on one version, a.k.a the 4 minute one. If you want to combine both to make your fav look better then alright. Speaking of;

W65kRaM.png

NGNMHLs.png

4sou33x3.gif

Mess at All About That Bass though. What an utterly undeserving song.

Edit: Taylor ha impact tho. I guess this could be used as an argument for taking her stuff off Spotify, look at those views.

Edit 2: also what an ERA for Taylor tbh. This must be one of the most successful pop album cycles ever.

Floridian

Mess at All About That Bass though. What an utterly undeserving song.

Edit: Taylor ha impact tho. I guess this could be used as an argument for taking her stuff off Spotify, look at those views.

Edit 2: also what an ERA for Taylor tbh. This must be one of the most successful pop album cycles ever.

Teenage Dream > 1989 as far as cycles go.

And therein lies the shade. That's a drag queen, siS.

f5YRn6M.jpg

:O

Guess I'm being extra slow. I don't think calling a girl a drag-queen should qualify as shade anymore. Some queens legit look as good, if not better than some biological women.

Have to go with Applause. That song (and ARTPOP as whole) should have done way better than it did. I like Katy Perry but Roar was trite and tired.

If you can't make me say oooh
Like the beat of this drum
Why you ask for some and you really want none
If you can't make me say
Like the beat of this groove
You don't have no business in this here's your papers
Baby you are dismissed

rhandino

Banned
Because she is one of the greatest pop stars to grace this earth.

tumblr_m92y7digzB1r3ty02o1_500.gif

You didn't lie.

Kind of sad that Katheryn didn't get at least one for Teenage Dream and/or PRISM tho, both albums are very good pop albums. Oh well.

Also, Is anyone here going to watch Eurovision? Kind of want at least for the camp...

... and this gif speaks to me

Yzm97Pn.gif

I've listened to most of the entries already. Too many boring ballads trying to serve Real Music™

However this trashy Moldovan bop is definitely a contender for my personal fave. Take me back to late 90s boybands, queen.

Oh and Russia's entry is a bubbly uplifting power ballad. It'd be better if it were coming from any country except Russia tho. lmao

The Flop

Banned
Good sisterns, I've got a favour to ask: I'm making a playlist for a birthday party and I need ~GOOD~ known pop songs that uneducated people can sing along.

The cool, indie, EDM quota of the playlist has already been filled.

So far all I've got for the Pop part of it is Crazy in Love. Need something else, specially something that will resonate with the tasteless general public (that is why I'm asking here, the collection of bad taste here is suuuuuperbly atrocious---------kidding!)
X0czsSY.gif

Spotify playlists would be very welcome.

No ballads, just songs we can dance to, please.

I shall lit a candle for your fave so they can stop flopping in return for your help.

AU7R6ik.gif

"Applause" Lady Gaga
"Party in the USA" Miley Cyrus
"Party Rock Anthem" LMFAO
"Heart Attack" Demi Lovato
"Fergalicious" Fergie
"Wild Ones" Flo Rida Ft.Sia
"What Doesn't Kill You (stronger)" Kelly Clarkson
"Lose Control" Missy Elliot
"Buttons" Pussycat Dolls
"Where have you been" Rihanna

and if you want to throw the good sis an up and coming song

"Worth IT" Fifth Harmony

rhandino

Banned
I've listened to most of the entries already. Too many boring ballads trying to serve Real Music™
Nnnnnnn you are not lying, I'm like in the 7th video and all of them are so gloomy... By now only likingUnbroken and Electro Velvet, the song is so trash yet I'm loving it for the video...

Oh and Russia's entry is a bubbly uplifting power ballad. It'd be better if it were coming from any country except Russia tho. lmao

A Million Voices said:
We are the worlds people
Different yet we're the same
We believe
We believe in a dream

Praying for peace and healing
I hope we can start again
We believe
We believe in a dream
iqCVp16.gif

YouTube Comments said:

Oh.

Looking through some of my old high school essays. Leona, the budding Pop-GAF'er:

Blake’s decision to present Songs as two distinct collections of thematically linked poems reminds me of some of the double-disc music albums I’ve fortuitously amassed throughout the years: Beyonce’s I Am...Sasha Fierce, Outkast’s Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, and the like. The artists behind these albums decided to break up their albums in two parts in order to emphasize the contrast between the musical and lyrical content of the two discs or to otherwise establish a dialogue between the two.

In Beyonce’s case, for example, the second disc unleashes “Sasha Fierce,” the singer’s much more sexually explicit, adventurous, and aggressive alter ego. Blake’s “double EP” is not quite as forward with its intentions, but certain aspects of its composition suggest his artistic ambitions in breaking up the poems aren’t too dissimilar from the Beyonces and Outkasts of our time. For instance, Innocence contains a poem titled “Infant Joy,” which finds its counterpart in Experience with a poem titled “Infant Sorrow.” The most interesting contrast, though, is the one established by the two poems that share the same title - “The Chimney Sweeper.”

William Blake who? I'd rather write about Beyoncé.

dr-dre-beat-out-beyonce-for-top-forbes-highest-paid-musician-list-by-how-much.gif

Charli's bops are amazing tbh

I Love It still slays me. Icona Pop was such a thing for me in 2013 but they never released their self titled album outside of Sweden :/

I know This Is was like an updated version with some new songs but the proper one >>>>>>>

Vitanimus

i have an exam in a few hours and i'm listening to with every heartbeat and i'm absolutely convinced it's the best pop song ever created

Charli's bops are amazing tbh

I Love It still slays me. Icona Pop was such a thing for me in 2013 but they never released their self titled album outside of Sweden :/

I know This Is was like an updated version with some new songs but the proper one >>>>>>>

Their alber is trash anyway. Their EP was good-ish I guess.

I didn't think it was possible for an artist to be a one hit wonder anymore in today's music industry. But Icona Pop fit the bill perfectly. If they ever release a second alberg, it'll no doubt flop hard. #neaux1curr

3phemeral

I wish
That we could
Blow out
The speakers
Over
And over
To them Jo-de-ci cuts
Forever
Your lady
You act right
Then maybe

Ain't nothin' to talk about
Put the music loud
So they won't hear me say

UH, UH, UH-UH. UH OH

Come be my one and only
I'm tired of being so lonely... Come hold me

uh, uh, uh-uh. uh oh
Wanna wrap myself around you...
Or whenever you want to

So, just show a girl what it do (what it do)
After this boy I promise to do
You got my body lit up like the moon
But you're too persuasive
I can't take it
I'm so caught up in you​

UH, UH UH-UH, UH OH

That's right, Mariah. You turn that music loud and you GET IT.

BONmtt

[edit]

Get into Mariah's 18th #1 hit, Touch My Body, which is
for some reason
now free to Download on Last.FM!

Frodo

I've always had the impression that Touch My Body only became #1 because it was riding Emancipation of Mimi waves of hype. It disappeared as quick as it charted.

It's Like That should have been a number one single. Much better song. Touch my Body is just... cute.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Foxes announced her new single "Body Talk" on snapchat and it will be premiering next week.
KEqPet9.jpg

Robyn and ha impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom