• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

That Bad Blood video is disgrace.

It is literally the industry taking the most bland, vanilla, K-Mart person in entertainment and throwing millions of dollars at their music video to make them appear to be the exact opposite...and still failing.

T-Swift deserves a Razzy for that video alone. True Pop Divas would have achieved the same with 1/3 the budget. God, where are the standards...

The only thing I like about that video is seeing all the "stars" that probably don't know Taylor Swift at best, and hate her at worst, but nevertheless lining up to be seen with her in her music video. Taylor may be about as exciting and flavorful as an old licorice stick stuck to a used magnum condom that you found underneath the backseat of your car, but shit...that's power.

It is literally the industry taking the most bland, vanilla, K-Mart person in entertainment and throwing millions of dollars at their music video to make them appear to be the exact opposite...and still failing.

T-Swift deserves a Razzy for that video alone. True Pop Divas would have achieved the same with 1/3 the budget. God, where are the standards...

The only thing I like about that video is seeing all the "stars" that probably don't know Taylor Swift at best, and hate her at worst, but nevertheless lining up to be seen with her in her music video. Taylor may be about as exciting and flavorful as an old licorice stick stuck to a used magnum condom that you found underneath the backseat of your car, but shit...that's power.

130381_s.gif

rhandino

Banned

fliMFfI.gif

EDIT: It's frightening how on point you are when you're not going after Beyonce wig...

The Flop

Banned

leT em' knoW

Floridian

I'm convinced her stans are mostly just stanning her success at this point because her music/videography is nothing to worship over.

Ummmmm whatever were shaming bayonetta for please stop. Gaga didn't let artpop flop for promoting online kindness so that you guys could be mean to a POPGAF member. This is supposed to be "off topic COMMUNITY" - notice the distinction and please support each other instead of shading.

I'm convinced her stans are mostly stanning her success at this point because her music/videography is nothing to worship over.

Speak Now really showcases her abilities as a songwriter. Dear John is truly heartrending. Enchanted is melancholic and hopeful all at once. Long Live is an enormous power anthem that transports all who listen to it to nirvana. Innocent and Haunted provide two sides of the same coin letting us delve into Taylor's mind as she transitions from innocent, naive girl to spurned, world weary woman.

She has not been on that level since however.

3phemeral

This is one of the few Janet songs I really like. An underrated bop.

I'm surprised. Off the top of my head, (assuming you haven't heard album cuts), if you're looking for more upbeat Janet and not classic 90s slow RnB Janet, I'd recommend:

Sexhibition
Trust to Try
Velvet Rope
You

UWtp0t

Though, I imagine you probably heard most of her stuff anyway. :)

Come around, come around
Let the little Bambi run it down, run it down
Went from sippin' Bailey's
Sipping champys on the isles
Nineteen number naughty baby
Press it on your dial
Sex kitten honeys
No cougars in the house
I'mma hush the rumors and the doubt
Came in the game with a beat and a bounce

3phemeral

Vespertine finally clicked with me, though not in the way that I was expecting. It's not something I can listen to like her other albums and it's a big departure from the sound that I enjoyed from Debut to Post to Homoegenic, but I was making a mistake listening to it the way I normally would with her other albums in forcing them to "jump out" at me. It's really an album you sit and pay attention to when you have some quiet time; feels like more personal and introspective sonically (to my ears at least). Medulla, I think, might be the same way. The Pleasure Is All Mine is both amazing and disturbing as hell.

I don't think I can compare Vespertine to her previous works because it's so much more different. Honestly looking forward to getting into Biophilia because of how much I love Mutual Core.

Yado

Beyoncé literally Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V'd entire portions of Janet's discography and career and yet you only use a few of her songs?

80c36d01dd.gif

Based on what I've heard their music sounds nothing alike? I'm open to be proven wrong.

I acknowledge her accomplishments and whatnot but I find Janet's voice mildly irritating. Her music just doesn't do anything for me.

80c36d01dd.gif

Based on what I've heard their music sounds nothing alike? I'm open to be proven wrong.

I acknowledge her accomplishments and whatnot but I find Janet's voice mildly irritating. Her music just doesn't do anything for me.

Spil the tea. Absolutely none of Beys song sound close to Janet in a good way and a bad way. Career wise either. They compare in power and success but itself clear Beyoncé came from a different era.

Playing on the radio but not available to listen now on Spotify or iTunes in the UK (release date is June 28th lmao)

Good job Rita

edit: I'm so fed up of these flops taking 15 years to release in the UK tbh, I think I'm going to look at buying US iTunes credit instead.

royalan

bDClNy7.png

Can someone confirm if this is real?
N1ifGgz.jpg
I stan The Queen Rih but gurl get real: if either BBHMM or AO had been a hit we'd all have R8 on our phones right now.

Just admit it was a mistake to have Kanye and Jay touch the project and you went back to the drawing board.

Floridian

I stan The Queen Rih but gurl get real: if either BBHMM or AO had been a hit we'd all have R8 on our phones right now.

Just admit it was a mistake to have Kanye and Jay touch the project and you went back to the drawing board.

That's why she's been running to Dancehall productions recently for some quick inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom