• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Her magnum opus is H.U.G

G.U.Y tried.

Don't know why but I'm laughing so hard.

a7bHYbg.gif

Iconic should be the next single.

At this point I'm fairly certain no Madonner song will ever be a big hit again, but the prechorus to Iconic is just seew gud.

"I can't", "icon" - two letters apart
One step away from being lost in the dark
Just shine your light like a beautiful star
Show the world who you are, who you are

Yeah, there's another part of you no one sees
There's a burning fire that's underneath
Baby, don't you know you were meant to be
Born to be, meant to be

Iconic

KrPWc2R.gif

Mumei

tumblr_npdx8tSKTJ1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

We could say this about a lot of the favs out there. Rih, Katy, Britknee, etc.

But Aaliyah had some bops!

Why have I not seen this gif before?

Are you two living in a reality where Aaliyah's live vocals weren't on Rihanna in Barbados levels of struggle?
cPEMIn7.gif

Come on infants. I love Aaliyah as much as the next gay. But I won't live a delusion where I ignore a faves struggles to proclaim them legendary.

yjCf1GC.gif

I'm just realizing that I can't recall whether I've ever heard Aaliyah sing live.

Brhoom

Banned
Welcome junior :) Tell us your faves.

47b94310fc.gif

!!!

Welcome!
81wlM3u.gif

Tell us who are your faves...
pgXztaP.gif

the one that inspired every female singer after her, the one that sings with a level of musicianship that has yet to be matched, the one that paved the way for pop-rap collaborations, the one that has 18 number ones,the one that writes and produces her songs and not add a run or change a word and gets her name written on the writer and producer list.
tumblr_lvrpieYI6m1r0bn2lo1_400.gif

I like a bit of Christina Aguilera also.

rhandino

Banned
Today (04/June) is a special day in the calendar.

It marks the 5th anniversary of the departure from the Mainstream landscape of Legend X after she blessed this world with her last piece of work:

Let us remember the iconography and sounds of that era.

Ztwnk0w.gif

The bops from Mi Reflejo, Stripped and Back to Basic will always have a special place in my playlist.

Vazduh

I know that Bionic is a hot mess of an album, but the fact that we got a non-hollering/yodeling Xtina album (for the most part) is nothing short of a miracle. And not gonna lie, the Deluxe tracks on Bionic are really great. Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, hell, even Bobblehead... Love those.

I honestly hope her new album washes away the sour aftertaste of Loturd
(although Your Body and Red Hot Kinda Love are 10/10, tbh).

Phreaker

I honestly hope her new album washes away the sour aftertaste of Loturd
(although Your Body and Red Hot Kinda Love are 10/10, tbh).

What's wrong with Let There Be Love? I like Army of Me too, but it sounds like a muddy distorted mess, shame - so does Make the World Move.

3phemeral

Lotus is mostly trash, but I do love me some Bionic tracks. You Lost Me, Desnudate, Woohoo, I Hate Boys. Even Vanity has its uses.

Everyone sleeps on Stronger Than Ever, though. I have no idea why.

Frodo

Need to listen to Lotus. Never did. Apart from Let There be Love I have no idea what else is on the albern.

Might do it now... pray for me, GAF.

Frodo

So...

Madonna is officially using MS Paint and pictures she took with her Nokia 7650 for the cover of the alberns.

7gDJtVN.jpg

Madonna, we seriously need to talk.

Frodo

Wait!

Is Christina singing "Spin around in circles on my middle middle finger"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Slay me a bit, I guess

So...

Madonna is officially using MS Paint and pictures she took with her Nokia 7650 for the cover of the alberns.

7gDJtVN.jpg

Madonna, we seriously need to talk.

That's...better than the cover for Hard Candy I guess...

What is it with major pop acts putting out really low-rent covers? Blackout, Born this Way, that one Ashlee Simpson album...

At least this one's for a single I guess..

Just have a good video please.

Frodo

They are literally on the same level of that Britney cover using a picture of the albino piton performance.

Update on Lotus: Christina is trying to bust her vocal cords on Light Up the Sky, right? Only explanation.

Bionic was all over the place, there's some nasty stuff on it, and the lead single being a really generic dancepop song at a time people loved to claim everyone was a Gaga ripoff, meant that the album was doomed to fail.

But the album has like, what, 25 tracks on it? There's enough stuff on there that I like. Bionic, Desnudate, All I Need, Glam, Lift Me Up, You've Lost Me, Monday Morning, Birds of Prey... These songs all range from cute to good. There are no standout tracks however. Nothing truly great.

Frodo

GAF, I literally though Lotus would be much much worse.

Lotusaguilera.jpeg

Of the albern I knew Let there be Love, Your Body and Make the World Move. They are all decent, if slightly generic. I liked Circles because it is so silly it makes it fun, will probably listen again. Blank Page was cute. The rest is kind of disposable, to be honest. With some songs that sound really bad like, Shut Up and Light Up the Sky, which sounds like Christina is in a shouting contest and determined to win even if it means she will never be able to speak again.

The Lotus Intro sounds like it is not Cristina singing? I like the sound, though. Apart from the talked part at the end. If only the albern followed that more chilled beat with more concealed vocals...

Not an albern that deserves any sort high praise, but also not the mess I was expecting from what I read here.

GAF, I literally though Lotus would be much much worse.

Lotusaguilera.jpeg

Of the albern I knew Let there be Love, Your Body and Make the World Move. They are all decent, if slightly generic. I liked Circles because it is so silly it makes it fun, will probably listen again. Blank Page was cute. The rest is kind of disposable, to be honest. With some songs that sound really bad like, Shut Up and Light Up the Sky, which sounds like Christina is in a shouting contest and determined to win even if it means she will never be able to speak again.

The Lotus Intro sounds like it is not Cristina singing? I like the sound, though. Apart from the talked part at the end. If only the albern followed that more chilled beat with more concealed vocals...

Not an albern that deserves any sort high praise, but also not the mess I was expecting from what I read here.

Wasn't the 2nd single what killed this album?

I could be wrong here but I feel like if someone with a good editing ear curated the right tracks from Bionic and Lotus, it could make for one really solid album.

Coolluck

I miss 2012 Rihanna when she was still trying to sing. Got What Now stuck in my head because of that catchy, what-do-you-call-it, pseudo chord progression or like half scale? I don't know music very well. Guess that's why I love Pop so much. I genuinely like Stay to this day even if the radio played it to the very brink of death.

Brhoom

Banned
Today (04/June) is a special day in the calendar.

It marks the 5th anniversary of the departure from the Mainstream landscape of Legend X after she blessed this world with her last piece of work:

Let us remember the iconography and sounds of that era.

Ztwnk0w.gif

The bops from Mi Reflejo, Stripped and Back to Basic will always have a special place in my playlist.
Ugh so underrated and so mishandled, the bonuses tracks should have been in the standard edition, and that gaga comparisons really hurt her, the songs were great and she was everywhere but the media destroyed her with gaga comparisons, I remember hearing gaga singing born this way and was like: why is she trying to sing like Christina now? And it all made sense and the rumors that they wanted Christina to be destroyed so no one can threaten gaga all made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom