• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flop

Banned
Karmin - Didn't Know You

I really like the song, it is a cute bop tbh.

wGpQeoL.gif

waiT this is a bop@!

I bopped to Charlie XCX in my car today and I thought of Bayonetta. Sadly I don't even remember what song it was, rip XD
Slay, but buy Diamonds on iTunes
I disagree a bit tbh.

It is a well [ k n o w n ] FACT that the best album to use while doing chores in the house is The Fame Monster or in more extensive cleaning duties (like after a massive party) you should use Monkey Business from The Black Eyed Peas.

AUHeoUw.gif
I used to use when I was younger tbh. My Humps >

Vazduh

rhandino

Banned
In you fantasy
Dream about me
And all that we could do with this emotion
Fantasy
Dream about me
And all that we could do with this emoti
on

zStUpLz.gif

This emotion
I feel it
This emotion
You feel it
All that we could do with this emotion

zStUpLz.gif

Can't wait for the rest of the album, It's going to be amazing...

e5dwCRK.gif

Frodo

So, I was shuffling though my library and stumbled upon the preciosity that is the début album for the English singing artist and songwriter Mika: "Life in Cartoon Motion"

(click on the freaking picture, please)

The album was released in February 2007 in the UK (that is 8 and a half years away! Reality check!) and sold 7.8 copies worldwide according to wikipedia. Mika himself not only sings the songs and their backing vocals, but also plays the keyboards, percussion, piano, guitar, and does the programming. The album includes hits like Grace Kelly which showcases his vocal range and was a #1 hit in several countries, and Lollipop, which recently was featured on the box office monster "Pitch Perfect 2".

Let us be honest, your fave could never.

Yado

So, I was shuffling though my library and stumbled upon the preciosity that is the début album for the English singing artist and songwriter Mika: "Life in Cartoon Motion"

(click on the freaking picture, please)

The album was released in February 2007 in the UK (that is 8 and a half years away! Reality check!) and sold 7.8 copies worldwide according to wikipedia. Mika himself not only sings the songs and their backing vocals, but also plays the keyboards, percussion, piano, guitar, and does the programming. The album includes hits like Grace Kelly which showcases his vocal range and was a #1 hit in several countries, and Lollipop, which recently was featured on the box office monster "Pitch Perfect 2".

Let us be honest, your fave could never.

I enjoyed this album for about a week or so and then his voice became very irritating. He has such an annoying voice.

Frodo

I enjoyed this album for about a week or so and then his voice became very irritating. He has such an annoying voice.

I can totally understand some people would find it annoying. I personally like the flamboyance and the over the top style. It goes well with the harmony and mostly acoustic instrumentation. It feels fresh and it is unlike the ordinary POP we usually get in the radios, specially from male singers. He has a unique voice and he is not afraid to show it.

Vazduh

You stan Prince? Since when? It's the first time I see you mention him lol.

Anyway my fave could too.

Eh. I don't talk about it here that much, but if I really have to quote myself for proof, here are a few of my posts/replies (there are definitely at least a couple I can't find rn)

1 2 3

I'm more of a casual fan (Rob is the biggest Prince stan around here), but I often go back to his Hits collection, Dirty Mind and Purple Rain OST.

Oh dear, Pince is hors concours. We don't even mix him with the rest of the peasants any more so everyone else has a chance to win.

Fair enough!

Floridian

Nice, now she and Barbadian Rhat have something in common now...
R8's singles have been underperformances compared to the previous yet were twice the event as Carly's singles, one of which was an embarrassing attempt at going viral. Clearly the public wasn't here for that.

Ts40b85.gif

the Pop Experience of this year

kzBVegu.gif

Doubt her album will even reach Susanne's Sundfor's level of "pop experience". Let's not overhype her now unless you want the possibility of another "Jackie" experience.

Let her in
I rather not.

tumblr_ndkburoP7x1qeqmxno1_250.gif

rhandino

Banned
R8's singles have been underperformances compared to the previous yet were twice the event as Carly's singles, one of which was an embarrassing attempt at going viral. Clearly the public wasn't here for that.
I will never deny the transparent attempt to go viral that was I Really Like You and I admit that she is not going to take the world at the same level that she did when Call Me Maybe and Good Time happened and she scalped every single poptart on the scene but very few artists can do that in the first place...

7D5wDim.gif

Yeah, Rih is one of them =P

Doubt her album will even reach Susanne's Sundfor's level of "pop experience". Let's not overhype her now unless you want the possibility of another "Jackie" experience.
Her 3 singles (I Really Like You, All That and now E-Mo-Tion) have been very consistent so far. They are incredible good, fun and catchy pop songs that sound consistent with the statements that her album is very inspired by the 80's sounds and she already delivered in the past with KISS... So yeah, she IS going to deliver the Pop Experience of the year AGAIN.

TrSajaH.gif

Also, let's be honest with ourselves for a moment, the only one hyping that Jackie was Bayo-sis and probably was ironic hype...

c3einj3.gif

I rather not.

tumblr_ndkburoP7x1qeqmxno1_250.gif
qiNqN9V.jpg

Frodo

"All That" is good.

I'm not feeling I really really really really really really really really like you and Emotions, to be honest. But they are not bad.

edit: oop E-Mo-Tion

Frodo

According to Madonna's Facebook, "Bitch I'm Madonna" music video is coming soon and has special guests. I wonder who they are...

ezMiz62.gif

Frodo

Cannot wait. Should have just served it full force as the lead single.

Agreed. Besides Living for Love (which was the first single and had a lot of promotion) Bitch I'm Madonna is the most popular song on Spotify by a large margin.

Edit: OMG top of the page and not even a tiny gif?

1iGsCOM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom