• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
So far i'm into it and enjoying the organic production. It's definitely not an album for everyone though.
Well...

Nnnnnnnnnn

I guess you are right, maybe her discography filled with references of her tasting older men and calling them daddy don't quite resonate with the str8 male demographic...

7TeM3VQ.gif

7TeM3VQ.gif

j/k

Can't say I personally enjoyed UV or Lana music in general since outside her imagery I found her music
and her
quite boring but I can totally see how everything about her click with a lot of people.

And speaking of UV I think my favorites songs of that album would be Shades of Cool, Fucked My Way Up to the Top and Ultraviolence.

Don't say you need me when
You leave and you leave again.
I'm stronger than all my men,
Except for you.

Don't say you need me here,
You leave us, you're leaving,
I can't do it, I can't do it,
But you do it well.

anigif_enhanced-13963-1399478536-14.gif

'Cause I'm pretty when I cry.
I'm pretty when I cry.
Pretty when I cry.
I'm pretty when I cry.

anigif_enhanced-13963-1399478536-14.gif

Floridian

I still don't like HBHB though, and the majority of Lana's discrography I cannot get into unless i'm in a mood for it. I'm not sure why people give UV tons of shit though. Yes some of it is dull but it sounds more like a personal album, as opposed to BTD, BTD offers a bit more variety sonically but there's something about it that doesn't capture me like UV does.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's got you hypnotized,
no beat too hard to ride
like love will be shaking, here we'll be waiting,
cuz i don't play nice,
this tune should be hittin' you,
should be splittin' you so,
close your eyes,
cuz love will be shaking, here we'll be waiting,
cuz i don't play nice
e47c5ce76c.gif

EDIT: Natalia is celebrating her birthday in her birthday suit. Source: Her facebook pics.

Frodo

Pretty sure the hearing damaged person is whoever mixed Rebel Heart. It has some of the worst audio balance I have ever heard.

I like Rebel Heart, but I can't deny the truth, and here I've read no lies.

The mixing of the albern is baffling. It's like they mixed it using a broken monitor and a bargain laptop on a free mixing software filled with ads.

I like Rebel Heart, but I can't deny the truth, and here I've read no lies.

The mixing of the albern is baffling. It's like they mixed it using a broken monitor and a bargain laptop on a free mixing software filled with ads.
Apparently the first ones released after the leak were mixed by Madonna herself, which I guess kind of excuses them, but the rest are just a mess tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I mean I know which is more likely; that every professional music critic in the world is wrong, or that PopGAF is filled with fuming divas with bad opinions.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So much worse than a 'terrible' album. Eek!

why are you all still going on about maddona...

Why are we still talking about the most successful and influential female popstar of all time in a thread about pop music?

I might ask you while you still have an avatar of a nobody with only one useable album.

Mau ®

Rebel Heart has like a 3 point difference between MDNA and Hard Candy. That's not exactly having "the critics on your side", especially with the way Metacritic can be arbitrary with reviews with unorthodox scoring systems.

Why are we still talking about the most successful and influential female popstar of all time in a thread about pop music?

I might ask you while you still have an avatar of a nobody with only one useable album.
Ultraviolence reviewed very well, and I'm pretty sure professional music critics' opinions are worth more than that of fuming POPGAF divas :)

4EMp4jN.jpg

everyone is talking about how shitty her new album is but... go off I guess lmao

Vazra

Mau ®;175646283 said:
ARTPOP was pretty terrible too tbh.

But at least ARTPOP had Sexxx Dreams and the title track. Rebel Heart had nothing.
Sexxx Dreams was a slay and a half.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
dddddd this entire page

Ic0Np2b.gif

godelsmetric did NOT lie. Rebel Heart >>>> SHARTPOP. Like can y'all @ least stan Gaga's best album BTW?

Lana does only have one good album, Ultraviolence, so not sure why her stans and the boats are coming for Madge like this?

Enjoy the half baked singles from R8 I guess

cZxDVTm.gif

Vazra

dddddd this entire page

Ic0Np2b.gif

godelsmetric did NOT lie. Rebel Heart >>>> SHARTPOP. Like can y'all @ least stan Gaga's best album BTW?

Lana does only have one good album, Ultraviolence, so not sure why her stans and the boats are coming for Madge like this?

Enjoy the half baked singles from R8 I guess

cZxDVTm.gif

And we should take you seriously because?
c20eb505b3.png

Floridian

Madonna is 57 and is still musically active. Meanwhile artists like Rih aren't even 30 and is already dwindling down.

and yes, Rebel <3 > ARTEDM.

Metacritic is weird though. The fact that MDNA is higher rated than Unapologetic/ARTPOP/BTD/any Katy album alone proves that.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's FKA Twigs because she was called Twigs but someone else already had that name, the FKA stands for 'formerly known as', prince her power

Anyone who can even surmise that Rebel Heart is a stronger album than ARTPOP is obviously insane and needs to get off the Gaga Hate bandwagon coz it's getting really damn old

I'm a Madonna fan and Rebel Heart places lower than Hard Candy and MDNA for me. Most of its songs sound like last minute demos, thematically most go nowhere, and few tracks are straight up stains on her discography. 70% of that album is trash IMO.

ARTPOP, as we all like to say, is Gaga's weakest album, but thankfully her worst work is still a solid B+ with plenty of blood, sweat and tears poured in. I see none of that in Rebel Heart. It just smells like stink.

Vazra

ARTPOP, as we all like to say, is Gaga's weakest album, but thankfully her worst work is still a solid B+ with plenty of blood, sweat and tears poured in. I see none of that in Rebel Heart. It just smells like stink.
Lower the volumes of alcohol and poppers
image.php

Vitanimus

I mean it is stronger.

enough

rebel heart is a hastily assembled naya rivera sized mess desperately chasing top 40 trends 3 years ago. at least artpop has the audacity to be consistently mediocre. rebel faart sounds like a post op madonna wailing into sound beats she found in her recycling bin. please, see the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom