• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gags can't dance, sis.

Try again. (And if Venus is any indication her having the most production input isn't the best option.)

qDZccGt.gif

That's the best song on ARTPOP though

Doesn't Venus have a weird "skip" in the beat when it goes from verse and chorus? Obviously an error.

I should give FKA Twigs an honest try and listen to her stuff front to back. But everytime I hear music of her, it sounds like some experimental mess of sounds. Sometimes there are fragments of a Twigs song I like, but those are 10 second parts in a 5 minute song...

Right now, everyone here is gushing over "In Time", but I just don't hear it. It's simply not for me. If I want some distant and cold sounding r&b, I'll listen to Tinashe. Her music is closer to "conventional" pop music, and therefore more my thing.

I will say that Twigs music sounds interesting, if that means anything? When I listen to her, I can picture it being the soundtrack to a weird dream, maybe a nightmare. Edit: And I realize that her music isn't about a simple hook, and requires more listening to get everything out of it. So as I said, I'll have to give her EP's a serious try.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

That's not Sexxx Dreams tho. I am absolutely disgusted at how you could pick such track that lacks artistic integrity when Sexxx Dreams embodies everything that era should have been. (And Aura demo)
6fd75d1f4f.gif

I still think G.U.Y. is the best track on ARTPOP.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And had it not been a single, I would have been convinced that it should've been a single because it would be a hit, even though in reality it bombed badly. Artpop truly was a flop era.

Vazra

I still think G.U.Y. is the best track on ARTPOP.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And had it not been a single, I would have been convinced that it should've been a single because it would be a hit, even though in reality it bombed badly. Artpop truly was a flop era.
See the similarities between G.U.Y and Sexxx Dreams? She should have gone with the sex theme. (Do What You Want ft. Piss was decent too)

Meowster

Fashion! is easily the best song on AP and proof that she could still have a career making quick easy pop songs. Shame that she is an idiot and would probably be more likely to release ear garbage like Donatella than one of the better songs in her discography.

Vazra

Fashion! is easily the best song on AP and proof that she could still have a career making quick easy pop songs. Shame that she is an idiot and would probably be more likely to release ear garbage like Donatella than one of the better songs in her discography.

With RuPaul and that's a maybe.

Vazra

LMAO

Mention all the guys and their accomplishments and at the end Danii Minogue and not a single accomplishment mentioned and cut to something else.

EDIT:
CMmcONXUEAIBxRL.jpg

Hmmmmmmm....

That's not Sexxx Dreams tho. I am absolutely disgusted at how you could pick such track that lacks artistic integrity when Sexxx Dreams embodies everything that era should have been. (And Aura demo)
6fd75d1f4f.gif

Venus is the weirdest song she's ever done. The militaristic sorta marchy first verse is pure psychodelia (which is a bold new sound for her), and the super tight layered vocal is fire. The way the song completely switches gears back and forth is actually pretty unconventional both for a pop song and for Gaga, who typically relies on established formats. Considering that it's her first production role that's pretty impressive to me.

Also, the zaniness/silliness of the lyrics and bridge are exactly what people love/loved about Gaga's big singles, so it's cute to see people suddenly turn on her camp. :p

rhandino

Banned
I mean, 2013 gave us:

- The dead of most of your faves aka. BEYONCE (Beyonce)
- The dead of the rest of your faves aka. PRISM (Katy Perry)
- True Romance (Charli XcX)
- Settle (Disclosure)
- Heartthrob (Tegan & Sara)
- Yeezus (Kanye West)
- Pure Heroine (Lorde)
- Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)
- Matangi (M.I.A.)
- Etc...

Artpop is seriously the bottom of the barrel of that year along with Bangerz...

W8KNl0i.gif

Vazra

I mean, 2013 gave us:

- The dead of the rest of your faves aka. PRISM (Katy Perry)
- Settle (Disclosure)
- Yeezus (Kanye West)
- Pure Heroine (Lorde)
- Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)
- Matangi (M.I.A.)
- Etc...

Artpop is seriously the bottom of the barrel of that year along with Bangerz...

W8KNl0i.gif
-Night Time, My Time (Sky Ferreira)
-Trouble (Natalia Kills)
-True Romance (Charli XCX)

Were the best of that year tbh.

I mean, 2013 gave us:

- The dead of the rest of your faves aka. PRISM (Katy Perry) Hew?
- Settle (Disclosure)
- Yeezus (Kanye West)
- Pure Heroine (Lorde)
- Random Access Memories (Daft Punk) I don't know ha.
- Matangi (M.I.A.) Bye.
- Etc...

The rest of your list is spot on.

@ me next time sis

rihanna-smile-gif.gif

Wouldn't Homewrecker be the Alicia Keys' inspired böp?

I still love Homewrecker. The chorus is kind of standard but the spoken words in the verses and middle eight are life giving.

[edit} Teen Idle is still her peak.

Vazra

Wouldn't Homewrecker be the Alicia Keys' inspired böp?

I still love Homewrecker. The chorus is kind of standard but the spoken words in the verses and middle eight are life giving.
You're right. I may or may not be drinking a bit now so I may or may not be excused

llehuty

Marina discography so good and unique. I'm going to see her live next week at a local festival. POP Gaf favorites Years & Years are also performing on that same day, but I'm not holding my breath for the vocalist live skills.

Vazra

Marina discography so good and unique. I'm going to see her live next week at a local festival. POP Gaf favorites Years & Years are also performing on that same day, but I'm not holding my breath for the vocalist live skills.
Enjoy the shows! You can get drunk to make Years and Years vocals sound good live tho.

Floridian

Lana Came.

Del Rey's "Beach" blasts in at No. 7 on the Hot 100, launching at No. 1 on Digital Songs with 248,000 sold to become her first Digital Songs No. 1 (and score the alt-pop singer-songwriter her best sales week for a download). The cut also drew 2.4 million streams in its first week of availability; with its official video having premiered Aug. 13, it should grow in streams following a full first week of clicks, to be reflected on next week's charts.

9EhgV2h.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom