• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Save us Rhat.

The only thing she is trying to save is herself from alleged hook up rumors.

o8XoB17.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
enough

rebel heart is a hastily assembled naya rivera sized mess desperately chasing top 40 trends 3 years ago. at least artpop has the audacity to be consistently mediocre. rebel faart sounds like a post op madonna wailing into sound beats she found in her recycling bin. please, see the truth
Rebel Heart is chasing sounds from 3 years ago, despite having PC music influences and producers, okay.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;175665921 said:
Oop. I forgot Kanye and MNEK did something. Madonna inspiring the worst out of people. An Xtina tea.

Phone Sex is everything. I once had homosexual sex while it was playing. I think it was the reason it was good tbh.

oh

ab80dd6f4c.gif

Mau ®;175665921 said:
Oop. I forgot Kanye and MNEK did something. Madonna inspiring the worst out of people. An Xtina tea.

Phone Sex is everything. I once had homosexual sex while it was playing. I think it was the reason it was good tbh.
tumblr_mtws6biP1v1syd5lyo1_250.gif

B-Dex

If the teens vote pewdiepie to win an award I will end myself.

Not Little Mix's quick change being so bad the cameras had to cut away.

rhandino

Banned
So, Madonna is now 57.

Praying that she get to make another iconic album and stop pandering to the young demographic that would never care for her again if she keeps trying way to hard to "fit"

bZVrpwR.jpg

Ugh, listening The Immaculate Collection rn... still good =3

rhandino

Banned
So, Latin Goddess Shakira is going to be on the 55th film in Disney's animated features canon: Zootopia.

1OHnRy5.jpg

Not me thinking at first she was a Goat tho
She is a gazelle.
Anyway, she is going to provide a song to the movie called Try Everything which is being written by Sia and Stargate.

5JXAzPs.gif

I heard a Mariah song on iTunes Radio that's from her recent albums and it was hella good but I don't remember what it was called :(

There was a rap feature that was pretty much looping throughout. Help me Touchdown sis

Meowster

I listened through Elusive Chanteuse with my boyfriend while we were cooking steak and pasta three nights ago and it was a surprisingly great experience. We liked all the songs and were kinda shocked how good the album was. How did Mimi screw up the promotion of that one so much?

B-Dex

I listened through Elusive Chanteuse with my boyfriend while we were cooking steak and pasta three nights ago and it was a surprisingly great experience. We liked all the songs and were kinda shocked how good the album was. How did Mimi screw up the promotion of that one so much?

There was promo?

Frodo

Not this community trying to throw shade at FKA twigs.

You can only wish you faves had ever released something as good and cohesive and that still provides artistic value as M3L155X. Not to mention she doesn't only sing, but she also writes, and produces her songs. On top of that she is also a dancer.

Who amongst your list of faves can do as much and with such talent and creativity? Name one.

I see...

The queen remains unbothered.

qDZccGt.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't know why I keep trying with FKA Twigs she just aint for me
I liked in time, and I lke Glass & Patron when I skip the redundant first two minutes, and I adore 2 weeks and Papi Pacify but the rest of her I find unusable.
and calling her queen of anything is laughable tbh

On the flip I'm bopping to Love Myself
4RzKJxq.gif

I accepted NFL vines, M3LL155X ha glory.

Glass and Patron + Mothercreep are just simply gorgeous.
p0QHO.gif

(jesus did this really have to start off a new page)

Frodo

Apart from this latest EP, FKA twigs is, usually, not an easy listen. It's not something you put on your sound system and sings along while you cook dinner while your friends are around. It's better appreciated when you give it full attention, with a pair of good headphones and not focusing on anything else but the songs.

And also, to me, most songs don't click straight away. It's only on the second or subsequent listenings that I start to enjoy and appreciate them.

It's not the manufactured run out of the mill pop like TS does, repeating the same line 3 times on the chorus and change it a little bit on the 4th so you can sing along even if it's the first time you are listening to it. Some people enjoy that simplicity (I do from time to time), but some people want more than that.
I like the complexity and the "lack of structure" the songs usually have. Makes me want to listen to it again, and because it isn't predictable it doesn't become as boring as most songs do after a few listens.

I've been in love with M3L155X. It's her most accessible work, but it doesn't sound lazy or uninspired. It still has the artistic integrity we have come to expect from her. I'm my opinion she is one the strongest acts of this generation, and she has barely started. She has a nice voice, she can dance, she is creative and unconventional, she can produce her own songs and she also directs her own videos. You may not like the style, but you can't deny she is a hell of a talented woman. And on times of disposable faces she is actually a very very welcomed change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom