• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont lie I downloaded ha ages ago, but just went to check to give her my coins and its not available in the uk for another month
what fool decided to do a album launch over three months
marina-froot.jpg

honestly I preordered her so early when it finally popped into my itunes I nearly died of shock
Right? It took forever to come out. I think the Froot of the Month marketing strategy ended up helping her though, the album sold like 45k+ (which is good for mariner) when it first came out even though it had been leaked for months

bbd23

Hello POPGAF, thanks for posting that marina and the diamonds album art. listened to a few songs and will now buy it.

any other recommendations for albums this year?
smile.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
gross
btw Jess Glynne's album came out last night (or th enight before I forget) and its great
BAD BLOOD IS REVOLUTIONARY
THE PRODUCTION IS DIVINE
GIVING ME LEGENDARY LOVERS VIBES

shes also now joint with cheryl whatsherface for most number #1s by a british female
sley a bit
certainly better than miss formerly cole

royalan

I'm waiting for AOTY material with Emotion here... But all in getting is Radio Disney Ashley Tisdale realness.

I simply cannot use this.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Santigold forever reminds me of neopets because I continuously played one of her songs while I played Neoquest
her power I guess
she was good live too

Phreaker

?

Tbh I don't understand this criticism.

Lana's verse is the definition of whiny and somewhat bored as per lately. It only works because the production for this song happens to not be shit.

It's just that The Weeknd has an annoying whiny voice, Lana not.

If only Lana made more songs like this one, but with that extra veneer of string instrumentation she's known for. It would be a total slay.

rhandino

Banned
I'm waiting for AOTY material with Emotion here... But all in getting is Radio Disney Ashley Tisdale realness.

I simply cannot use this.

bo4pz59.gif

B-but Making the Most of the Night, Warm Blood and I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance...

Sis', what is your favorite unrequited love pop song? (new or old, just your fave) I wanna make a playlist
Thinking Of You - Katy Perry
Shiver - Coldplay
One and Only - Adele

Ummmmm, let me seek more...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I finally got this damn Canadian Spotify to work so I was able to catch up and listen to some new singles...

Demi's Cool For the Summer
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

The Weeknd's I Can't Feel My Face
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Carly Rae's E*MO*TION, Warm Blood, and I Didn't Come Here to Dance
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Although Selena stays losing. Good For You?
PiLIeZO.gif

I may need to rethink my 2015 music rankings...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Um Slay For You is at least
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

A$AP Sediment's verse is the only bad thing about it. The production is fresh and Selena's (lack of) vocals complements it perfectly.

I can't with her toddler face, she's positively Ariana-esque :/ A Lolita mess.

The poor vocals don't help :(

EDIT: Wait she has one good song though: Love You Like a Love Song

3phemeral

K-pop is the place to go for amazing choreo: BoA - Only One
VIXX - Hyde
9Muses - Hurt Locker
Taemin - Danger

The videos are a bit hit and miss, since they have basically 3 big companies producing most of them and end up being quite samey sometimes, and tend to go against showcasing amazing choreos with fast cuts and closeups. There are still some really good MVs though:

Gain - Paradise Lost
f(x) - Red Light
Sunmi - 24 hours
Brown Eyed Girls - 6th sense
Orange Caramel - Catallena
Girl's Day - Something
SunnyHill -The Grasshopper Song

I wouldn't call any of that amazing choreo BUT they're certainly putting in a lot more effort into their package than any modern pop girl over here. Seems run-of-the-mill and generic mishmash of some standard 90s US pop + pop and lock. There's nothing truly iconic or impressive there. BOA is still the best natural-looking dancer bar none, while the rest seem to just be doing their best to emulate pop-locking dancers. BOA has both rhythm, clean form, and doesn't look like a robot who's been programmed since birth to entertain. A shame she didn't become popular over here.

Floridian

Isn't it just Can't feel my face? The straights would implode if he released a full on pop album

Let's just say as a whole, it's a better pop album than it is an R&B album. For me, it's not a bad thing because the album is great so far. It's really different though compared to his old material.

Floridian

BBTM Rankings;

Top Tier;
Real Life
Acquantied
Can't Feel My Face
Shameless
Prisoner
Angel
As You Are

Great Tier;
Often
Losers
Dark Times
The Hills
Tell Your Friends

Meh;
Earned It
In The Night

I'll give it 7.5/10

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Charli dropped out from her own tour cause she wants to work on her new album and is tired of touring.
Dear angels, friends and fans.

I have some bad news. Regrettably I will not be continuing my spot on the “Charli and Jack Do America Tour” this coming autumn. For personal reasons I will not be able to continue this tour. These personal reasons include the fact that I need to be creative. Artists tour for a really really long time and I have been on the road for a while now, probably not as long as some, but for me it feels like an eternity. I am struggling to create whilst I'm on the road and that is making me unhappy.

As an artist I need to move quickly and write a lot to not feel restless. Sometimes touring really puts me in this isolated world where I feel down and sad but primarily I struggle to multitask and write songs at the same time which is what I need to do to feel OK. I never want to do a show where I just feel like I'm going through the motions. I want to perform and feel alive and like I want to be there and if I force myself to do this, I will not perform a great show for you.
I had a really wonderful and amazing time touring throughout the first leg with Bleachers, one of the most incredible, energetic and kind bands (and crew) I've ever been on the road with. Jack is a star and his show is truly amazing. I will still be joining him for the Shadow Of The City Festival, his own festival, in New Jersey on September 19th.

I am so sorry to all of the angels I am bailing on last minute. Please know this was not an easy decision. I feel terrible letting you down like this and I really I hope I haven't messed up your plans too much. I've been honest and even though some of you will be understandably angry, I hope you can respect my telling the truth in this matter. Once again sorry.

Lots of love Charli xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom