• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ddd tbh I'm still screaming at Lana's revised numbers for Die ByThe Beach

f6134f86cd.gif

What about Mimi's Elusive Chanteuse numbers?
In the United States, the album debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 albums chart with sales of 58,000 copies. It is her 17th top-ten album in the US, but became her lowest opening for a non holiday studio album since Nielsen SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991.[116] The album rapidly descended down the charts,[117][118] and was present on the Billboard 200 for a total of eight weeks, the shortest chart run for any of Carey's studio albums.[119] As of December 2014, the album has sold 117,000 copies in the United States.[120] Billboard speculated that its high ratio of first-week sales to total 2014 sales suggested that interest in the album came primarily from a decreasing group of die-hard fans.[120]

Meanwhile, in the United Kingdom, the album peaked at number fourteen on the UK Albums Chart, with sales of 6,547 copies.[121] In its second week, the album plummeted to number 54, before falling off the Top 100 in its third week.[122]
f6134f86cd.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any currently released album is higher than R8 rn considering it's still not out yet.

jp4UtyS.gif
Does R8 exist? I have a feeling we are stealthly getting R9 with the singles from R8 added at this point to hide evidence of shelving the rest of the album.

Floridian

Does R8 exist? I have a feeling we are stealthly getting R9 with the singles from R8 added at this point to hide evidence of shelving the rest of the album.

Well there can't be an R9 without an R8 so maybe some variation of R8 was changed or modified within these months of complete silence. No one exactly knows because of how she was like "i'm not speaking another word about this album". I'll just have other music to tide me over while she tries to get her stuff together.

The Flop

Banned
Well there can't be an R9 without an R8 so maybe some variation of R8 was changed or modified within these months of complete silence. No one exactly knows because of how she was like "i'm not speaking another word about this album". I'll just have other music to tide me over while she tries to get her stuff together.

I'm just worried she gave up on music. :(

At this point just give us something Rih.

Also I enjoyed E-MO-TION but I don't think I use any of the songs as much as y'all do.

kfrpYVc.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
idk, let's use that other metric that you like to use when the sales numbers of your faves are brought up:

Ivy Levan: [ Not Found ]

GbYFBVT.gif

But that's OK no? as you said before:

And thank goodness E•mo•tion is pure quality and is reaching a lot of people even if she never replicate the success of Call Me, Maybe...

BKkQdaF.gif

#OOP

But yes. Everybody knows Carly flopped this era. That didn't stop her from releasing the album of the forever tho.

Mau ®

I did try to listen to Emotion one more time but it just didnt click as a whole :(

I wont deny "Run Away With Me", "Warm Blood" and "LA Hallucinations" are masterpiecés though.

The more I think about it, the more childish Bad Blood seems. Everyone forgot about it already but the whole "Oh! Let me make this music video with my ~friends~ who are also against you!! hahahah!!!!" Is so stupid. The best part is that Perra wasn't bothered, in fact she'd probably do the same thing to Taylor again if she could.

Also Carly Raepist's similarly titled song "Warm Blood" not only shits on Bad Blood, but on 1989 as a whole.

Touchdown

Banned
The more I think about it, the more childish Bad Blood seems. Everyone forgot about it already but the whole "Oh! Let me make this music video with my ~friends~ who are also against you!! hahahah!!!!" Is so stupid. The best part is that Perra wasn't bothered, in fact she'd probably do the same thing to Taylor again if she could.

Also Carly Raepist's similarly titled song "Warm Blood" not only shits on Bad Blood, but on 1989 as a whole.

YAS preach it sIs

3f6d1afaf8.gif

rhandino

Banned
The best part is that it was the dancers that payed Hitlord dust and decided to leave her behind to pursuit Katheryn...

SMDLpvd.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is anyone else lightly perched for Bieber's new single?
I'm sure, that like trapped wind, the feeling shall pass but I won't lie, I am curious.
justin-bieber-at-met-gala-2015.jpg

Still hate that face tho

rhandino

Banned
I'm sure, that like trapped wind, the feeling shall pass but I won't lie, I am curious.

Still hate that face tho
I also hate that douche smirk he has but at least you can also get into the rest of him
like Mau did
I guess...

IJRzPx7.jpg

I didn't even remembered Bieber existed until he helped Carllah to promote during the mess that was I Really Like You.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ellie reveals song titles & details on EG3

To be released in November, a "big Pop record" with "some big Pop anthems for a lot of people to hear, and some are me and Greg [kurstin] messing around".

Song titles: Move, Don't Panic, On My Mind, Around You, The Greatest, The Aftertaste, Love Me Like You Do
Producers: Greg Kurstin, Max Martin, Ryan Tedder, Jim Eliot, Disclosure, Joel Little, Laleh Pourkarim

- The Greatest and Around You are love songs inspired by Dougie (her boyfriend)
- Move is "a disco floorfiller" "Kate Bush meets Michael Jackson"
-On My Mind and Don't Panic are pop songs
-On My Mind is a "guitar led, Swiftian tale of a drunken hook up with a tattooed admirer" inspired by a time when she was "on tour, drinking too much and going off the rails"

She likes the idea of not making "throwaway songs, i want to make songs that people believe in , to be the soundtrack to someone's something". + more "political lyrics about social causes.... homelessness, animal rights and global warming".

She's never failed me yet so colour me excited
Kate Bush meets Michael Jackson sounds absurd as fuck

The Flop

Banned
justin-bieber-at-met-gala-2015.jpg

Still hate that face tho

I also hate that douche smirk he has but at least you can also get into the rest of him
like Mau did
I guess...

IJRzPx7.jpg

I didn't even remembered Bieber existed until he helped Carllah to promote during the mess that was I Really Like You.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;176223539 said:
Has anyone here given any thought to the fact that Confessions on a Dancefloor will be a decade old in a few months?

Yes, time is flying tbh. The Emancipation Of Mimi is also turning 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom