• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
EP3, Ratchet, FIRO's debut, Honeymoon, HBHBHB, Sky 2, Carly 3.

Deliver 2015
party.gif

cory64

Boys
24 Hours
Nobody Asked Me (If I Was A Flop)
I Blame Myself
Omanko
You're Not Iconic
Heavy Metal Slay
Love In Stereo

All bops.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Get into playing Episode 2 of GOTY Life is Strange. Oh right PSN players have to wait for Grace Chen Time. Kiii.

I know I'm about a month late on this, but I finally got a chance to listen to Froot a few times. Please read the following review in Patrick Bateman's voice.

Overall, I think it's Marina's most consistent album, probably due to her working exclusively with one producer. The songs are also fairly good, although there's a couple of clunkers in there (Gold, and I can't get into I'm A Ruin). I think Froot's biggest problem is it never really takes off, which could ironically be tied into the album trying to achieve consistency with all the tracks. Can't Pin Me Down for example really seems like it wants to be a strong statement song, but the track itself is relatively tame except for the lyrics. Marina used a live band in recording the album, why not ditch the synthpop for that song and turn it into a rock song?

Marina's strongest point has always been she's a gifted lyricist. I think she has penned her best work on Froot, with a noticeable increase in quality towards the second half of the album. Weeds and Savages are a fantastic one-two punch showcasing her ability to write engaging lyrics.

I give the album a 7/10. I think this is a good album and a much better effort than Electra Heart (although not quite as good as her debut). Marina probably has a fantastic album somewhere inside of her; we're just going to have to wait for her to put it all together.

rhandino

Banned
I was there for almost all the photos, except the last ones where she bathed in milk.
And her landing strip was kind of a turn-off, but I am shallow like that

Even so I agree that she served, she has such a nice body.

iiATbD4WGF1re.gif

I only got up to cleric beast but I may reroll or wait until software patches those loading times before playing again because they're dreadful.
I kept dying against it so I've just been exploring for a few hours. I will tackle it
later

I haven't found them too bad personally tbh. There's the occasional one which seems to last longer than the others which does seem too long but for the most part I just pull out my phone and check twitter/here etc.

Floridian

I kept dying against it so I've just been exploring for a few hours. I will tackle it
later

I haven't found them too bad personally tbh. There's the occasional one which seems to last longer than the others which does seem too long but for the most part I just pull out my phone and check twitter/here etc.

People kept recommending the crane but it's terrible. I'm sticking with the cleaver tbh.

Ester Dean's free EP is not half bad, actually.

Choice cuts: That Girl, Any Other Way

Liking it so far.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
like honestly i swear i have been hearing about how filth hewmoany are going to SMASH for about.......three years now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom