• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

nsqTxbJ.gif

Bookmarking for the smash that is "Worth It" climbing up the charts now.

QS2BWzb.gif

Igloo a child prodigy? In what way?

She can't sing, she can't dance, she can't rap, she can't act, she plays no instruments as far as I know. Looking pretty does not make someone a prodigy.

The decay is complete.

Time for Madge to hang it up and just become a legacy act. Maybe put out a new single every now and then. It's clear she doesn't give a toss about making a quality album anymore, so she needs to just stop.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The decay is complete.

Time for Madge to hang it up and just become a legacy act. Maybe put out a new single every now and then. It's clear she doesn't give a toss about making a quality album anymore, so she needs to just stop.

and yet rebel heart is her best since 2005 and actually not a bad pop alber

Floridian

eek @ Rebel Heart
xYF9Ag5.gif

how does this compare to MDNA?

MDNA did around 46-48k the 2nd week, which was an 88% drop from its first week sales.

So to go from around 360k to 116k the first week, to 48k to 24k the 2nd shows a major decline. I guess no one is here for her other than her most dedicated fanbase.

xYF9Ag5.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's unfortunate that she killed so much public interest with hard candy and MDNA tbh, although they were trash

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
shes not going to get it back either
evidently shes passed the point of making great music
she can still perform but its nothing outstanding
shes not controversial anymore, just embarrassing
and frankly shes a bitch so doing talk shows isnt going to help her

The queen is dead, RIP Madonna 1958-2005

Frodo

Madonna should STOP trying to be commercial. That is what is killing her.

Her fan base will buy her stuff regardless, so just go for the full-on experimental albums on where she is at her best. Just look at her best albums: Erotica, Ray of Light, Confessions and to some extent Like a Prayer. They were not following the trends, they were setting it. I'm tired of Madonna trying to fabricate hits, and although I always end up enjoying a song or two of whatever she puts out, it has not been the same since Hard Candy (although we've got She's not Me, and her image in the Hard Candy era was awesome. I love the boxing theme).

Go back into making tracks that are 6:00 minutes long and give no fucks about it (Skin [Edit: Skin] is the best song in the universe), Madonna. Go find people no one knows (yet) to produce your albums. Do something we are not expecting. The billboard belongs to other (and hurts me to say this; young) people and that is the way it is going to be. Young people consume more music than the older demographic, and unfortunately, most of them will only relate to people of the same age. It is an uphill battle that will not be won by trying to mimic acts of other people. Avicii will not put you there, Timbaland and Pharrell will not put you there, Diplo of all people will not put you there.

Be Madonna. Give no fucks. Give us songs and sounds we were not expecting to hear.

Yours truly,

World.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;157316716 said:
The Kanye x Rihanna tour has been cancelled, apparently.

I am considering suicide.

he probably realised at the last minute the sheer [ g u l f ] in musical ability between them and decided to call it off

a shame tbh

Floridian

sweetie i think youve had a stroke

Y8IXxn0.gif

No i'm perfectly healthy. That link wasn't available, Katy did set a new viewing record, & her tour is premiering this weekend unless there was a last minute change of plans. She's almost done with prism anyway so what more could she have capitalized off of her Superbowl performance? Especially considering she did a Grammy performance the following week.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the link was to missy's bit
nobody care for miss perra

royalan

Why is it that every time Kanye tries to collaborate with a female pop star on a tour it gets canceled?

Either way, wasn't impressed with Yeezus outside of like two tracks, and not impressed with his new shit either. And he's psycho. His best years are behind him, and Rih dodged a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom