• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

Disclosure has a radio show on Beats1. Why didn't I know about this?

Also RIP Pink's dead career. She does the new theme for the Ellen Show.

Reckoner

Ultraviolence is best Lana. Every time I hear this I love it. But then I remember that she also made that Ride bs and some other cringeworthy stuff. I like this new High by the Beach song though.

randomthoughts

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ultraviolence is best Lana. Every time I hear this I love it. But then I remember that she also made that Ride bs and some other cringeworthy stuff. I like this new High by the Beach song though.

randomthoughts

Ride is her best song tho.

Vazra

d9bd185bdb.png

"I'm not a bottom"
075364281b.gif

Who wouldn't bottom for Drake?
ed92f6bb9c.gif

B-Dex

Pigrez is disgusting. I watched his CBB series and I wanted to murder him honestly. Child Services should remove his kid from his care.

Honeymoon hasn't leaked yet? what is going on

edit: there's apparently an early listening event at select Urban Outfitters today... hopefully some bottoms record something

Frodo

I just CAN'T stop listening to I Had This Thing by Röyksopp.

Visual representation of what happens every time I listen to it:

io0ZHZh.gif

{I'M NOT WORTH IT!!!!}

Thanks, You Know Nothing for posting it. You seem to know a thing or two, who would have thought?

Also, Kylie + Garibay EP is just... fantastic?
Specially Black and White and If I Can't Have You. Your Body is nice, but the Intro goes on for too long and I can't be bothered.
Please, buy it on iTunes or stream it on Your Favourite Streaming Service.

EkTJdA0.gif

Vazra

Honeymoon is out there already? Yikes

or27pDt.gif

Urban Outfitters event playing the full album.

Someone uploaded the whole thing and you can hear hangers and people talking all over it. Illegally downloaded movie teas on week of theatrical release.
byebye-rayray-7045.gif

Phreaker

My thoughts on Leona's latest effort after 4 listens. You were spot on Leona Lewis, not bad songs, but nothing totally amazing. Still enjoyable, and I got it was so inexpensively, thanks to you, so no regrets.

Thunder - cute, catchy, empowering anthem. I like it
Fire Under My Feet - same type of message but a bit harder, again I like it
You Knew Me When - doesn't really do it for me
I Am - I really enjoy this one, especially the chorus
Ladders - I love the production on this one, even if it's not my fave
The Essence Of Me - I think this is my favorite from the album, so pretty and I absolutely love the chorus, the eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-essence of me.
I Got You - She belts it out on this one, it's nice
Power - just okay, is that a Mariah note at the end?
Another Love Song - Interesting DnB-like beats, enjoyable bop
Thank You - pretty, but kind of boring

Overall, she sounds great. The album has a cohesive message and is easy to listen to without skipping a song, but I am not sure I hear any smashes.

giphy.gif

One thing that was weird on the download from Google Play. Track 3 was titled You Knew Me When, but the song was Thank You and track 10 was titled Thank You and it was You Know Me When. Very strange.

My thoughts on Leona's latest effort after 4 listens. You were spot on Leona Lewis, not bad songs, but nothing totally amazing. Still enjoyable, and I got it was so inexpensively, thanks to you, so no regrets.

Thunder - cute, catchy, empowering anthem. I like it
Fire Under My Feet - same type of message but a bit harder, again I like it
You Knew Me When - doesn't really do it for me
I Am - I really enjoy this one, especially the chorus
Ladders - I love the production on this one, even if it's not my fave
The Essence Of Me - I think this is my favorite from the album, so pretty and I absolutely love the chorus, the eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-essence of me.
I Got You - She belts it out on this one, it's nice
Power - just okay, is that a Mariah note at the end?
Another Love Song - Interesting DnB-like beats, enjoyable track
Thank You - pretty, but kind of boring

Overall, she sounds great. The album has a cohesive message and is easy to listen to without skipping a song, but I am not sure I hear any smashes.

giphy.gif

One thing that was weird on the download from Google Play. Track 3 was titled You Knew Me When, but the song was Thank You and track 10 was titled Thank You and it was You Know Me When. Very strange.
I use "I Am" for the epic orchestral strings and sweeping chorus. "Thank You" is beautiful and more relatable to me than the pair of dry "empowerment anthems" that open the album.

To be honest tbh, I hate "Essence of Me" for the same reason you like it. The "eh-eh-eh" nonsense instantly dates the song back five years.

"Ladders" was the biggest disappointment for me, though. The live version is so layered and thick, and then the studio version comes laced with a bunch of random laser noises and none of the electric guitar/drum riffs that made the live version so unique sounding.

All in all, a decent album (sticking with my 7/10 score), but there's nothing as viciously, insanely, life-shatteringly magnificent as Sugar or Glassheart, nor as experimental and unexpected as Come Alive or Shake You Up.

glassheart ha underrated classic tbh

giphy.gif

Floridian

I’ve been tripping, hella blue dream
Breathe into me, you know
Inhale, exhale, I'm so dizzy
They can't save me, I'm gone
Woah, oh, they don't go as hard as I do
I brought some to the party for you, oh
I'll mix it up and serve it for you
Party favors for you
Party favors for you

[Bridge]
A little party never hurt no one
So we stay out late
A little party never hurt no one
That's what your friends say
So [?]
I'm crazy on the floor
Forever love
Crazy all the time

[Chorus]
You're so Art Deco
Out on the floor
Shining like a medal cold and unsure
Baby you're so ghetto
You're lookin' to score
They all say hello
But you try to ignore
Cause you want more (Why?)
You want more (Why?)
Cause you want more (Why?)
You want more

tumblr_inline_nuguufs0Jf1qlu166_500.gif

is the use of ghetto problematic here? lol anyway this song punches

[Pre-Chorus]
It never was about the money or the drugs
For you there's only love
It never was about the party or the clubs

[Chorus]
Cause you're my religion
You're how I'm living
When all my friends say I should take some space
Well I can't envision, that for a minute
When I'm down on my knees, you're how I pray
I need your love
I need your love
I need your love

this messy bitch
tumblr_inline_nuguufs0Jf1qlu166_500.gif

Majmun

I think Honeymoon is going to be my AOTY. It's much better than Ultraviolence. Way more diverse sounding.

Only Tinashe can snatch AOTY award from Lana now.

I think Honeymoon is going to be my AOTY. It's much better than Ultraviolence. Way more diverse sounding.

Only Tinashe can snatch AOTY award from Lana now.
Ariana Grande is a trash human being but I feel like her next album will be this year's magnum p-opus.

it is known

I just CAN'T stop listening to I Had This Thing by Röyksopp.

Visual representation of what happens every time I listen to it:

io0ZHZh.gif

{I'M NOT WORTH IT!!!!}

Thanks, You Know Nothing for posting it. You seem to know a thing or two, who would have thought?
Agreed. The song is top notch, and so is the video. Röyksopp delivered and I'm beyond pleased. Bless them for delivering the best song of the year.

I'd swordfight with him tbh
WCYqJMR.jpg
I'd let him into my [r e d a c t e d] any day of the week. I'd just have to raid Beyonce's bleach closet to wash away those lingering Madonna germs, though.

But, tbh, that asian guy being posted in the LGBT thread is hella cuter. Like gawd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom