• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Shit, your wife in the backseat of my brand new foreign car

Don't act like you forgot, I call the shots, shots, shots

Like brrap, brrap, brrapt

gSu12st.gif

Frodo

Madonna was great in Ray of Light. It was just after Evita so I guess she got what she learnt and used it there. Nowadays, with a few exceptions, it seems like she isn't even trying. Personally, I like her best when she sings like in "What it feels like for a Girl" and not so much as how she sings on the verses of Living for Love, or Bitch, I'm Madonna. That nasal tone is not pretty, although it works for a few songs.

Best Madonna performance, btw. When will your fave?

Beyonce hoarding treasure trove of unreleased material

Beyonce could release another surprise album any day because she is hoarding around 100 previously unheard tracks, according to producer The-Dream.

The singer worked with The-Dream on a number of projects, including her 2011 release 4, and he is convinced Beyonce has held back around 10 albums-worth of songs which could one day hit the charts.

In an article posted on Genius.com, he writes, "There's always multiple albums being made. Most of the time we're just being creative, period. We're talking about B (Beyonce), somebody who sings all day long and somebody who writes all day long. There's probably a hundred records just sitting around."

My faves are so prolific.
ibmKr3ElvYGhR2.gif

rhandino

Banned
We're talking about B (Beyonce), somebody who sings all day long and somebody who writes all day long. There's probably a hundred records just sitting around."

Yet she can't sing live our precious national anthem during the presidential inauguration of Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama? Not here for all these lies.

L87nAkd.gif

royalan

Rihanna sounds nothing like Bey on this track. She's not doing the fake Houston thug thing Bey always does when she's trying to sound hard, for starters.

rhandino

Banned
Jennifer Lopez Reflects on Why Selena Still Matters: She Moved the 'World in a Different Way'
Why do you think Selena is still so ­beloved 20 years after her death?

The grace with which she handled the business, the grace with which she handled her life, the humor. Her spirit of loving what she did. Her sense of family. That's the tragedy of everything that ­happened and why she left such an imprint -- because she was gone way too soon.

Man, 31-March is going to mark the 20 years since her death... I feel legit sad right now.

9Z6MDrO.gif

royalan

Growing up in Los Angeles, Selena was my first taste of Tejano music. Obviously, LA has such a huge Latino population I'd heard the music before, but until I'd been introduced to Selena I'd never been able to associate the genre with a specific act. Sadly, I didn't discover Selena until after she passed, and so much of the city was so heartbroken for so long (seriously, pretty much every Hispanic girl I knew in school had binders covered in her pictures with "RIP") I finally looked up her music.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that she was also responsible for Dreaming of You, which to this day is one of my favorite songs from that era.

RIP Selena.

Yado

If I let this go
You can't tell nobody
I'm talking bout nobody
Are you responsible?
Boy I gotta watch my body
I'm not just anybody

i9Jz4KKqWmfVd.gif

rhandino

Banned
Imagine my surprise when I learned that she was also responsible for Dreaming of You, which to this day is one of my favorite songs from that era.
I always cry while listening to this and "Amor Prohibido"

Y cuando al fin
estemos juntos los dos
Que importa que diran
tu padre y tu mama
aqui solo importa nuestro amor
Te Quiero

And when finally
we are together, the two of us
Who cares what your mom and dad will say
Here, the only thing that matters is our love
I love you

ZkM13cx.gif

Yado

And I’m learning so I’m leaving
And even though I’m grieving
I’m trying to find the meaning
Let loss reveal it

ZkM13cx.gif

This song is a masterpiece tbh. Truly impressed by the banshee.

3phemeral

Most of the time Madonna's vocals are the weakest part of the songs.

She has several distinct "tones", and I like a few, but others are grating. On Beautiful Scars her voice is weak, thin and autotune ridden. But it doesn't ruin the song luckily.

Definitely, like you said, she has several tones but for this one, it takes me out of enjoying it. It's like she's laying down first-take vocals and I prefer the warmer, personal quality to her singing. Not this talk singing.

Rihanna sounds nothing like Bey on this track. She's not doing the fake Houston thug thing Bey always does when she's trying to sound hard, for starters.

Weird for you to say that Beyonce's "trying to sound hard" when your girl Rih consistently attempts to sound hard and banshee with every major release. They're both millionaires who pay others to do their shit. It's all just a schtick to try and relate to a subset of the population. And Rihanna's from fucking Barbados

Mau ®

Weird for you to say that Beyonce's "trying to sound hard" when your girl Rih consistently attempts to sound hard and banshee with every major release. They're both millionaires who pay others to do their shit. It's all just a schtick to try and relate to a subset of the population. And Rihanna's from fucking Barbados

Barbados is a highly poor nation. Rihanna comes from a low-class section of the country. Beyoncé is from upper class Houston.

RIh's house
SNF2114C-380_1233998a.jpg

Bey's house

Two entirely different backgrounds. But you can guess who came in contact more with "harder" people.

Crying for no reason feel the tears roll down
I felt strong but am I breaking down
Crying for no reason cause I buried it deep
I made promises I could not keep
Cause I never faced all the pain I caused
Now the pain is hitting me full force

This song will forever be a slay. It's the only song from Katy B that I listen to. I never gave her other songs a chance, and idk why.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah is working on a christmas movie based off AIWFCIS with Brett Ratner

Now a movie to be played every year on tv to go along with the song that gets played every year!!!
075ee6d1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom