• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I would let Nick Jonas smash me with an old condom on the bed my grandmother shared with my grandfather for almost 40 years.

Floridian

I would let Nick Jonas smash me with an old condom on the bed my grandmother shared with my grandfather for almost 40 years.

Are you okay?
CUvlVkh.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
So when is Rita's Estrogen supposed to be released anyway

Edit: Oh "march" apparently, lol it's almost april. Poor her 4 fans who waited this long
laugh.gif

It's better if she waits than if she throws shit out like Bitch, I Don't Know How To Sing to appease desperate fans
laugh.gif

rhandino

Banned
Wave your hands side to side, put it in the air
Wave your hands side to side, put it in the air

Clap, clap, clap like you don't care
Smack that, clap, clap, clap like you don't care

(I know you care)

gPBsywc.gif

EDIT: 7/11 was played after #BBHMM last night, true story =D

3phemeral

I preferred her Victoria's Secret performance of Diamonds, but they're both great. She definitely improved her vocals over the years.
Even with the lowered key, all of her Diamonds performances are still pretty solid. I can't hate too much because she's obviously doing something to develop what she has to work with. The one you posted was probably the best I've heard her do.

JFCpxK

Floridian

Oop

But Home is indeed looking like the smash hit, the smash non-sequel hit no-less, that DreamWorks desperately needed. I am very happy to have been wrong this week. Because Home, starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons, and Jennifer Lopez, made $15.6 million yesterday.

TSj6nQN.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
The "she cant sing" criticisms are so 2009. I thought that was put to rest in 2012. And how much more "waiting" & editing does Rita need for her song to most likely not even reach the top 10 of itunes or have any impact whatsoever? Perched for the overproduced mess.
laugh.gif

I say it because it still applies mija.

And it took her 10 years from the start of ha career to prove that she could sing? With a safe performance that is not particularly remarkable in any way?

isPfG3DMymvNd.gif

You and I have very similar tastes. I love it.

If you haven't already heard it, I think you might like this:

Monogem - Follow You

GzWLzW

[edit] ugh, I meant to re-edit this into my other post.

Sis YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!! I LOVE HER!!

A couple of my faves from her are

The Glow

Silhouette

Wait and See

Follow You is the one I haven't heard yet but it's a BOP!

Even her cover to Miguel simple things was a bop.

royalan

Mau ®;157867000 said:
Let's not pretend you value good live performances, if your main fave is any indication.

giphy.gif

SPILL THAT TEA.

Like, how can someone whose fave is Lana Del Rey come for anybody else's live vocal performances, especially Rihanna?

royalan

I love Lana. She's my favorite new artist of the last 5 years, hands down. But girl is pretty mediocre live.

It's ok tho, because she really hones her voice and makes magic in the studio.

Aguila

#ICONIC
omg. Lana. I miss her. :,(

But do ya'll see me glorifying her live performances ever (unless it's new music)?

At least I'm not over here linking to these nasty old performances and pretending they're good. :biblio:

Floridian

I'm pretty indifferent about Lana. I don't really like or dislike her work really.

At least I'm not over here linking to these nasty old performances and pretending they're good. :biblio:

You'd probably have trouble finding old good performances from Lana.

rhandino

Banned
Speaking of of Rihanna live performances
they suck most of the time, lbr
, rihmember to stay tuned for ha performance during the 2015 iHeartRadio Music Awards this 29/March (Tomorrow) in which she may or may not perform "American Oxygen".

The awards show where Katy doesn't continually get snubbed

65780021bfc7cf6c5c3283443ed5e2e4.jpg

Mess, she deserved a Grammy or something for PRISM. "Legendary Lovers" and "Walking on Air" are so good. T_T

Floridian

Speaking of of Rihanna live performances
Which most of the time sucks, lbr
, rihmember to stay tuned for ha performance during the 2015 iHeartRadio Music Awards this 29/March (Tomorrow) in which she may or may not perform "American Oxygen".

Is anyone even watching that? It seems like a non event. I'll probably just watch the rih performance whenever that's on youtube

3phemeral

Sis YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!! I LOVE HER!!

A couple of my faves from her are

The Glow

Silhouette

Wait and See

Follow You is the one I haven't heard yet but it's a BOP!

Even her cover to Miguel simple things was a bop.
I'm loving these moody, low-key bops. Probably the only thing that gives me life other than a girl who can sang her ass off. I think The Glow is my favorite.

You might like these too then:

Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone
Röyksopp - What Else Is There?
Róisín Murphy - Primitive
Roisin Murphy - Overpowered
London Grammar - Hey Now
Sia - Soon We'll Be Found

OldNew music! Woo!

lEW78E

Frodo

I felt into the BBHMM pit.

Started playing today at home just to make fun with the flatmates.
Now I can't stop playing it. Like brra brra brrap.

Beyoncé Helped Vanessa Hudgens Become A Feminist

[It was] none other than Beyoncé Knowles, who helped Hudgens realize the real meaning of feminism.

Queen B has been very vocal about her advocacy for women's rights — especially regarding social, political and economic equality to men. On her latest album, BEYONCÉ, the singer sampled critically acclaimed writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's 2013 Tedx Talk, "We Should All Be Feminists," on "***Flawless." In a captivating performance at the 2014 VMAs, Bey stood on stage with "FEMINIST" glistening in lights behind her.

"But now I feel like there's this new wave of feminists coming up that are truly about equal rights for women," Hudgens said. "I mean, Beyoncé is, like, killing the game, and I love her."
ibuN3GOYXapVbS.gif

royalan

What I want to know is: who wants, and who ASKED FOR, a "slowed-down" R&B album from this coke fiend and former pop star who can't sing or dance and doesn't have a lick of soul or rhythm in the first fucking place?

Mark my words: Zayn's solo attempt will not only flop, it'll be comedic tragedy of epic proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom