• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

PSY?
2095c354.gif

No katy
2095c354.gif
Ha Dark Horse has competition.

Mau ®;157991593 said:
I don't even like Blank Space's video.

But my Facebook feed was filled with links of it when it came out.

Style's video>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I too prefer Style's video. It has that Instragram filter/nouveau artistry thing going on. The Rhat her We Found Love video's impact.

Mau ®

I alway stanned Style's video. I've been vocal about it since day 1.

It's true art. The kind Katy is incapable of conceiving.

Floridian

OMG I was just about to post this!

It is art in its own way.

I'd like to see Swift's videos be as creative, colorful & fun as California girls, but too bad 99% of her songs are about her breakup with boys & swearing to never fall for it again yet have her hands locked with Calvin currently. The other 1% being dedicated to Ms. Perry herself with Bad Blood.

I'd like to see Swift's video be as creative, colorful & fun as California girls, but too bad 99% of her songs are about her breakup with boys & swearing to never falling for it again yet have her hands locked with Calvin currently. The other 1% being dedicated to Ms. Perry herself with Bad Blood.

Long Live is about neither.

You tried.

Frodo

Mau ®;157992961 said:
The Cali Girls video? lmao

You should've at least added the E.T. video. A true masterpiece.

Too bad that rap ruined the song.
Video slays, regardless.

And I tried to hate on Swift just because, but 1989 is gud. On it's own totally-fabricated-and-predictable-pop-hits way, but gud. New Romantics deserves more love outside GAF.

Mau ®

Katheryn has a better videography all considered.

Shame about the songs. Even if the topics they handle are more "varied".

The fact that California Gurls existed and was a hit after the paradigm-shifting opus Tik Tok is just...the definition of artistically atrocious.

A few pages back many of you were confused at the ironic Rita Ora stanning, but I find this genuine(?) Katy Perry stanning to be far more destructive to pop music and humanity in general. Do better.

A few pages back many of you were confused at the ironic Rita Ora stanning, but I find this genuine(?) Katy Perry stanning to be far more destructive to pop music and humanity in general. Do better.

I only stan for Teenage Dream era Katy (and a couple of things before that, like this). Everything she has released in the years since has sadly been nothing but garbage.

Floridian

The fact that California Gurls existed and was a hit after the paradigm-shifting opus Tik Tok is just...the definition of artistically atrocious.

How did Tik Tok work out for Ke$ha in the long run, because she's nowhere to be found right now. And destructive? Let's not bring the "lower the bar" antics from that other thread unto here unless examples are given~

How did Tik Tok work out for Ke$ha in the long run, because she's nowhere to be found right now. And destructive? Let's not bring the "lower the bar" antics from that other thread unto here unless examples are given~
Kesha is currently embroiled in a legal battle with the music producer that raped her-- a music producer that Katy Perry continued to employ post-exposure. I forgive Kesha for flying under the radar during these difficult times.

I'm just glad our long national nightmare is over. I'm trying to decide if the official end of the Age of Perra was the Birthday video or the release of Shake It Off? I can make compelling arguments for both, tbh
SXpAoQk.gif

Floridian

Kesha is currently embroiled in a legal battle with the music producer that raped her-- a music producer that Katy Perry continued to employ post-exposure. I forgive Kesha for flying under the radar during these difficult times.

I'm just glad our long national nightmare is over. I'm trying to decide if the official end of the Age of Perra was the Birthday video or the release of Shake It Off? I can make compelling arguments for both, tbh
SXpAoQk.gif

Well I remember when Kesha mentioned earlier this year that she would deliver new music "as soon as she can", but now it's a bit iffy.

As for perra, her official end was her Grammy performance of By the Grace of God, or to get more technical, her Prismatic World Tour which was just last night is her end off. "Shake it off" has nothing to do with anything Katy Perry, but what I do find funny is how Taylor couldn't "shake off" her feud with Katy when she recently still talked about. Why is swift still hung over about the dancer situation?
SXpAoQk.gif

I prefer Taylor's music overall, but it's undeniable that Katy's pop output is vastly superior.
Agrihd
My fave is Gags and I can still see that Katy is the current Queen of Pop tbh (and was during Teenage Dream as well)

Gaga's output is superior imo but it's not /more/ pop. Katy is pop in it's purest, most perfectly manufactured form.

There's no Queen of Pop because there are too many metrics to consider, but if you were to put all the metrics together and judge cumulatively, the person closest to the title is probably Beyonce.

She's most relevant in pop culture, her music is successful (though obviously not the most), and she's the best performer. She gets good grades across every major category unlike the rest who are great in some categories and terrible in others.

royalan

There's no Queen of Pop because there are too many metrics to consider, but if you were to put all the metrics together and judge cumulatively, the person closest to the title is probably Beyonce.

She's most relevant in pop culture, her music is successful (though obviously not the most), and she's the best performer. She gets good grades across every major category unlike the rest who are great in some categories and terrible in others.

Ok sis.

Personally, I think Beyonce's doesn't produce enough content, nor does she direct trends in music (sure, I'll concede that she started the trend of the surprise release, but I'm talking the actual sound of popular music) with enough authority to have a claim to the title. She's a fierce performer, rich as hell, and influential in her own right, just not in that way.

Acts like Madonna, Britney before she was lobotomized, Rihanna and Katy Perry have influence over the Pop music scene so great that whenever they put out albums, that's what radio sounds like for the entire year following and then some. Beyonce doesn't have that, we've established before that she's a Johnny Come Lately to trends. In fact, after listening to 1989, I'd say the same about Taylor Swift. 1989 is a solid effort if you're into her thing, but there's nothing about the album that's bold, and it all sounds a bit like other albums we'd all been listening to for the past 2 years.

In my opinion, the next Queen of Pop can't just be successful (Madonna's not the Queen merely because she's successful). The next Queen of Pop has to demonstrate that they call the shot shot shots.

I want to be seen green
Wouldn't be caught dead, red
'Cause if you are seen green
It means you got mean bread

You've got to be seen green
To show that you're stuff's layed
If you're not seen green
You better be wearing
jade

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bey doesn't produce enough content, she doesn't perform well on singles charts and her personality outside of the stage is bland which could have helped into ignoring some of the previous stuff written. Those are some of the few flaws she has that keep her away from being Queen of Pop.

BTW Ms Lisa Hamilton is fiercer than Beyoncé

royalan

Bey doesn't produce enough content, she doesn't perform well on singles charts and her personality outside of the stage is bland which could have helped into ignoring some of the previous stuff written. Those are some of the few flaws she has that keep her away from being Queen of Pop.

This is true. When Bey isn't on a stage, she's as dull as dishwater and borderline stupid. The receipts on this one don't need to be posted.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is true. When Bey isn't on a stage, she's as dull as dishwater and borderline stupid. The receipts on this one don't need to be posted.

I think she shouldnt be controlling herself as much and be more like her DC days where she would throw shade for days and speak her mind even if sometimes things were dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom