• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Putting my stanning aside, Madonna was the true Queen of Pop.

I agrih.

fXzLfA5.gif

royalan

I think with the music landscape being what it is today, it's probably impossible for any one act to do it as big as Madonna did. In that sense, I don't think we'll ever have another Madonna (or Michael...or even Janet). Those days are gone.

Still, I think Madonna's template is a still a viable one. Madonna is Queen of Pop because she worked her ass off, because she was talented and fierce. Not only that, but she slayed music, movies and fashion; she constantly took bold risks in multiple forms of media, and as a result dictated the Pop culture scene with an iron grip. She's also intelligent, funny, insightful and incredibly outspoken, which as a result made her a pillar of Pop culture even outside of her music. Madonna at her height was a pop culture dynamo. A truly complete package.

If you think about it, and are honest with yourself, the one girl -- the only girl in the world -- who matches this template is Rihanna.

rhandino

Banned
Sometimes she can do fierce and unbridled very good but this was not of those moments, she looked really lazy and sloppy which make a disservice to the song.

Better than her Grammy performance tbh
How could I put it? Ummmmmmm

I did't liked 45S live but I LOVED how she looked on stage, and with this I LOVE the song but I couldn't care for ha in the stage.

=/

royalan

Sometimes she can do fierce and unbridled very good but this was not of those moments, she looked really lazy and sloppy which make a disservice to the song.

I think this is the exact kind of song where that lazy, unbridled type of performance works.

Like, I don't like when Rih does that with her more traditional pop songs. But here? She comes off as a cocky rapper, which is exactly what the song is.

I dunno, I thought it was a flawless performance for the type of song #BBHMM is.

Mau ®

I thought she was great at the Grammy's actually. She loked great and you can tell she loves the song. She also has good chemistry with Kanye.

Floridian

How could I put it? Ummmmmmm

I did't liked 45S live but I LOVED how she looked on stage, and with this I LOVE the song but I couldn't care for ha in the stage.

=/

The act was probably intentional. Her pulling off the "bitch idc" theme, like Royalan mentioned, for this type of song works. The delivery for me was more interesting than 45S.

idk how else she could've performed that song
the only thing I didn't like was the green, I would've gone with white, grey, or black

But other than that idk what else she was supposed to do. It's a song about well... that and having that attitude

rhandino

Banned
I really liked the force behind her expressions while singing 45S at the Grammys, and the video posted by Floridian during the Victoria's Secret event show that she can pull "sexy" without doing too much and with the idc attitude.

Like, I don't like when Rih does that with her more traditional pop songs. But here? She comes off as a cocky rapper, which is exactly what the song is.

I dunno, I thought it was a flawless performance for the type of song #BBHMM is.
Yeah, I just think that she overdid a little the with the lazy part. A little more of confidence while waving the arms could have done the trick tbh.

EDIT: Or maybe I just need more sleep.

Mau ®

Roy does bring up a good point though. For this kind of song, the act WORKS.

But when she does it for songs like We Found Love, it's really out of place and doesn't match the tempo.

Example:

Rhat acting gangsta for WFL at the Diamonds World Tour

Rhat being kind of pop star for WFL at the Grammy's.

It's a world of difference, imo.

rhandino

Banned
I saw this gif subtitled "when you have to perform your new song but you're not really feeling it anymore"

f5YRn6M.jpg

buy BBHMM on iTunes
+ try and forget 45S ever existed

f5YRn6M.jpg

Rihanna finest iHeart moment will be forever this:

tumblr_n4xctaPTPL1qk08n1o2_250.gif

For context, she was laughing during the Ariana Grande performance in which she tried to do "sultry" in her child prostitute outfit.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Let me stay percheD for the inevitable mental breakdown.

iMeQbMx.gif

I would SCREAM if Taylor ends up delivering Blackout 2.0 LOL

I would live for Blackout by Taylor just for the screams I would give if I see Taylor Pole Dancing awkwardly in the music video.

rude

Banned
#BBHMM is strictly garbage. It doesn't even have the decency to have a smashing beat à la Pour It Up. I guess it's cute that a few of you ladies like it though...

As far as the fashions and the production value for her performances go...I'm not really here for that anymore. It's strictly about the music this era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom