• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

The TIDAL thing is shit to me tbh because yes I was ragging on Spotify for like the past 100 years but Tidal sounds even WORSE

At least with Spotify, they helped give indie artists exposure & contributed them with potential gains. With TIDAL all the focus i'm seeing are on the big artists who are already loaded with money. Like i'm not gonna fuck with them just like that.

At least with Spotify, they helped give indie artists exposure & contributed them with potential gains. With TIDAL all the focus i'm seeing are on the big artists who are already loaded with money. Like i'm not gonna fuck with them just like that.
Same, there is no reason to go to this more expensive thing when the whole appeal of Spotify is it's accessibility. Dumb + I hope it flops like Beats Music or whatever.

Glad to see I am not the only one who was rubbed the wrong way with this video.
It's nothing but legends/established artists who have been in the game for years and made their money.

Frodo

OMG, life is hard for those people they showed in that teaser. Not even one single multimillionaire in that video, right? They are right. They should ask for moar money.

I'm in for paying artists more per stream, but it is kind of sad to watch that anyway.

Yado

Well, they're not going to use an indie hew to lure in users. Would anyone care if it was a host of struggle artists trying to launch their EPs?

Floridian

Well, they're not going to use an indie hew to lure in users. Would anyone care if it was a host of struggle artists trying to launch their EPs?

e9fmtZ0.gif

But that's not the point though. The point is these big artists are attempting to promote their own streaming service in forms of some hashtag revolutionary movement, & trying to get listeners to pay 2x as much for the same service that's most likely going to have less variety & discography as Spotify.

rhandino

Banned
The campaign itself come across as pure entitlement tbh, like "rich people asking for even more money" and the lack of hews or indies in that promo video give the impression that only the already established powerhouses are going to profit from this initiative and the indie artists are going to be payed dust.

But in the other hand we have people that claim "I pay 5 dollars and I will not pay more" expecting quality for pennies.

FnQ8qU1.gif

This is all a mess and nobody wants to compromise.

But that's not the point though. The point is these big artists are attempting to promote their own streaming service in forms of some hashtag revolutionary movement, & trying to get listeners to pay 2x as much for the same service that's most likely going to have less variety & discography as Spotify.
Unless they pull a Taylor on us. Like, let's be honest, even when people discover new music using Spotify one of the major pulls is that you can also stream the music of popular artists.

WonderzL

Banned
The campaign itself come across as pure entitlement tbh, like "rich people asking for even more money" and the lack of hews or indies in that promo video give the impression that only the already established powerhouses are going to profit from this initiative and the indie artists are going to be payed dust.

But in the other hand we have people that claim "I pay 5 dollars and I will not pay more" expecting quality for pennies.

FnQ8qU1.gif

image.php

FnQ8qU1.gif

Spotify should've been overhauled tbh not this ME$$
I hope none of you on here will support it.

They are also going to have to do more than use "lossless" audio as a marketing scheme.
Real audiophiles are not fucking with this they are gonna go with FLAC or buy the CD or Vinyl with the best headphones.

Who is gonna pay 9 to 20 a month for streaming music through their phones?

cory64

They are also going to have to do more than use "lossless" audio as a marketing scheme.
Real audiophiles are not fucking with this they are gonna go with FLAC or buy the CD or Vinyl with the best headphones.

Who is gonna pay 9 to 20 a month for streaming music through their phones?

What are you talking about? Playing a song in Tidal on a computer is the same as playing a FLAC file on a computer.

rhandino

Banned
Spotify should've been overhauled tbh not this ME$$
I hope none of you on here will support it.

I will not tbh, unless they start pullling their music from Spotify then I will just don't bother BUT I know a lot of people that would just resort to pirate their music... again.

Mess, some of this flops are too young or plain idiots that don't remember how the music industry was dragged, screaming and bleeding, to the digital age when the buying public was not there for their antics during the transition period.

What are you talking about? Playing a song in Tidal on a computer is the same as playing a FLAC file on a computer.

Is it? I didn't know it was exactly like FLAC. Point still stands though, the whole marketing scheme is about getting the best audio but who is really going to tell the difference?.

Most people wont and I don't see people paying more for it.

Mau ®

Is it? I didn't know it was exactly like FLAC. Point still stands though, the whole marketing scheme is about getting the best audio but who is really going to tell the difference?.

Most people wont and I don't see people paying more for it.

I took that test and got 3 out of 5 right.

Most of the time I was taking a wild guess. Only audiophiles with top of the line equiptment can tell the difference. The average joe don't curr.

I'm kind of afraid these artists will start pulling their music off from Spotify. But then again, most of them don't control their distribution. Their labels do, and what labels see is audience:

40 million Spotify users (and increasing exponentially) vs. TIDAL's laughable userbase.

The only artists I can see pulling their music are Roc Nation ones. And tbh I was gonna BUY R8 and So Help Me God on iTunes anyway. No real loss for me, at least.

Mau ®;158131906 said:
I took that test and got 3 out of 5 right.

Most of the time I was taking a wild guess. Only audiophiles with top of the line equiptment can tell the difference. The average joe don't curr.

I'm kind of afraid these artists will start pulling their music off from Spotify. But then again, most of them don't control their distribution. Their labels do, and what labels see is audience:

40 million Spotify users (and increasing exponentially) vs. TIDAL's laughable userbase.

The only artists I can see pulling their music are Roc Nation ones. And tbh I was gonna BUY R8 and So Helo Me God on iTunes anyway. No real less for me, at least.

Which is why it shouldn't cost more than Spotify. I can see this flopping really hard because of the lack of a catalog and an increase in asking price than its competitor.
People want to go the "lol you're just a broke bitch" route when in reality cheaper always wins. People with priorities and not with just money to blow are going to see that.

rhandino

Banned

!!!

7qJNEZx.gif

Also:

Bitch Better Have My Money

#1 United States
#1 Anguilla
#1 Antigua and Barbuda
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Belize
#1 Bermuda
#1 Botswana
#1 Finland
#1 Gambia
#1 Kenya
#1 Macau
#1 Moldova
#1 Mozambique
#1 Namibia
#1 Nigeria
#1 Poland
#1 Russia
#1 Saint Kitts and Nevis
#1 South Africa
#1 Sweden
#1 Trinidad and Tobago
#1 Uganda
#1 Zimbabwe
#2 Armenia
#2 Canada
#2 Czech Republic
#2 Dominica
#2 Dominican Republic
#2 France
#2 Hungary
#2 Israel
#2 Latvia
#2 New Zealand
#2 Norway
#2 Papua New Guinea
#2 Romania
#2 Slovakia
#2 The Bahamas
#3 Brazil
#3 Bulgaria
#3 Greece
#3 Grenada
#3 Panama
#4 Costa Rica
#4 Taiwan
#5 Argentina
#5 British Virgin Islands
#5 Hong Kong
#5 Luxembourg
#6 Switzerland
#7 United Kingdom
#7 Cayman Islands
#7 Germany
#7 Spain
#8 Ireland
#8 Netherlands
#8 Philippines
#8 Singapore
#9 Chile
#9 Colombia
#9 Mexico

7qJNEZx.gif

Yado

I don't see what makes this any more controversial than any other product or service these artists promote to get more money. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another thing they're hawking that I'm not interested in.

At least save the indignation for when they actually have something highly desirable/exclusive locked away behind their paywall.

Well, they are also offering the musical videos in HD...

LOL

LOL My thoughts exactly. This has flop written all over it.
I don't even mind another streaming service but they are not giving the consumer a reason to jump ship.

tbh I hope she takes her time considering what she did put out. It wasn't great :(

It was very mediocre, yes. It's a farcry from her previous material for sure.

Floridian

I don't care who Tidal supports tbh. Is Tidal available on PS4 right now? Can Tidal replicate my exact playlists on Spotify? Whatever it is, it's not having my money.

Mau ®

Cory, you've used both services.

In your opinion, which one is better? And is it SIGNIFICANTLY better or just marginally better?

cory64

Mau ®;158135875 said:
Cory, you've used both services.

In your opinion, which one is better? And is it SIGNIFICANTLY better or just marginally better?

Spotify is better, but they're practically identical. I could see Tidal getting my coins permanently if it paid all artists better.

Oh and I like the way Tidal organizes an artist's page much better.

Mau ®;158136172 said:
TIDAL is blocked in my workplace.

Spotify is not.

It's settled.

Welp, I just asked my guy and it's blocked for him too.

Spotify is better, but they're practically identical. I could see Tidal getting my coins permanently if it paid all artists better.

Oh and I like the way Tidal organizes an artist's page much better.

So not bad but nothing amazing to set it apart. At least not yet I can see that changing.

You've got to let the beat get under your skin
You've got to open up, and let it all in
But see, once it gets in, the poppin' begins
And then you find out, why all the boys stare

tumblr_inline_nc2tv9M2pu1qby514.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom