• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

I need Rihallah to rihlease A night tonight because i'm mad I wasted an hour watching useless content.

HwpBW2l.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Marina dropping the harsh truths
the relaunch was a mess, the message that artists were at the front was lost and it all boiled down to the rich wanna be richer

Floridian

And of course some stans of the artists who were there promoting Tidal are too far up their asses to see the point she's making.

"oh she's just jealous" "maybe if she focuses on the business aspect of her career she would be a part of that exclusive group"

Give me a fucking break. I am going to check out Tidal but I see her point.

I'm only seeing hardcore beyhive fans defending Tidal tbh, and if they want to do that, that's fine on them.

What else is taken into account? YouTube and Spotify?

Yes and to an extent iTunes. I mean you can pick out a single song or two and leave the rest. Climates are changing and labels still want to act like it's the old days before the internet took off.

I am a firm believer in artists getting their just dues and I always pay up especially if the artist is new.
But I feel they could do some changes as streaming is going nowhere.

Tidal is a start if they get more money out of it but the pricing to use the service could be adjusted. The promotion was all wrong too and left a bad taste in everyones mouths.

Yeah, I've been dancing with the devil
I love that he pretends to care
If I'll ever get to heaven
When a million dollars gets you there
Oh, all the time that I have wasted
Chasing rabbits down a hole
When I was born to be the tortoise
I was born to walk alone

oV71VBN.gif

I think what could end up happening (maybe should) is the streaming services will become the new labels. Artist's get signed to a service who provide all the stuff a label normally provides (promotion, funding, tour planning etc...)

Could almost be like a console exclusive thing. Certain services have certain artists on their roster, boast a better price, better functionality etc... Of course, figuring out a sustainable business model would need to happen first.

Just an idea I've been kicking around for the past little while.

I think what could end up happening (maybe should) is the streaming services will become the new labels. Artist's get signed to a service who provide all the stuff a label normally provides (promotion, funding, tour planning etc...)

Could almost be like a console exclusive thing. Certain services have certain artists on their roster, boast a better price, better functionality etc... Of course, figuring out a sustainable business model would need to happen first.

works in theory but seeing as this is the big music labels we're talking about, what would probably happen is they'd all get together and fix prices, artificially inflating them because they can.

3phemeral

Interesting idea. Like how Netflix is going from licensing to providing their own content. I think this might be a possibility given a few years since at the moment there isn't really anything as widespread as Netflix. If it does happen, they'll have to acquire new talent first before really convincing any established acts that they're capable of managing anything.

royalan

While expressing her opinion and her worries on Tidal and the true effect it will have on the music industry, Lily posted a pic of Beyoncé on Twitter followed by...

lily @lilyallen · 10h 10 hours ago
protecting an art form is when you release music written by other people and take the majority of the publishing because your name is on it

lily @lilyallen · 10h 10 hours ago
Is that fair, or is that greed and abuse of power ?

Let me go buy Lily Allen's alberm.

omg I'm { l i v i n g } for the Adam Levine expose. He's trash tbh and needs to go. Just cus he's "attractive" doesn't change that he's a piece of shit.
Adam Levine: We kinda traumatized Gwen. We started obviously with Christina, and then we had Shakira, who kinda like half understood, cause we talk really fast, so like English is not her first language, so we could kinda get away with more...
Xtina: Oh.. that's messed up. I can only imagine what you guys...
Adam: It's true though. Some of the really dirty stuff kinda went over her head. (...)
[ RACISM ] tbfh

omg I'm { l i v i n g } for the Adam Levine expose. He's trash tbh and needs to go. Just cus he's "attractive" doesn't change that he's a piece of shit.

[ RACISM ] tbfh

He reminds of that disgusting pig from the Flaming Lips. Remember when Erykah scalped him for creating the video under false pretenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom