• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
69b4eeff01.png

bDW8jToG_reasonably_small.jpeg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
my fave, robyn, is the most best selling swedish artist called robyn who's also released an album called body talk.....legend. icon. when will your faves? never. etc. etc.

royalan

My roommate has left his fucking alarm on while he's not home AGAIN. Second time this week.

I swear to fucking god...tomorrow I'm blasting Mi Reflejo on repeat in my room for the entire 10 hours I'm at work.

Mau ®

It's not exactly difficult to understand. Before soundscan, there wasn't an institution dedicated to the efficient, systematic tracking of music sales.

Of course, there was tracking before Soundscan, but not under a system as efficient. A lot of albums from before the Soundscan era are horribly inflated.

So what is the answer to the question of u?
What do I look for? What shall I do?
Which way do I turn when I'm feeling lost?
If I sell my soul, now what will it cost?
Must I become naked, no image at all?
Shall I remain upright or get down and crawl?

All of the questions in my life will be answered
When I decide which road to choose
What is the answer to the question of u?
Real Music™

Dancing on My Own, Fembot, Indestructible, Time Machine, Hang With Me, Call Your Girlfriend, None of Dem (bop of forever), Stars 4-Ever.

I mean the bops are endless.

Floridian

tumblr_ms7tywkq981s9gq1zo3_500.gif

Alright, i'll eat my crow pie. Just listened to Body Talk in its entirety for the first time & now I know who Miss Robyn is. I understand why I haven't heard this earlier, but I wasn't really much into pop music back then, and Robyn herself was a definite Hew. The electronic beats & productions give the alberm much power tbh, & the Snoop collab took me for a shock just a bit. It's pretty great overall & catchy.

Top tracks for me:
Indestructible
Don't fucking tell me what to do
Time Machine
None of Dem
In my Eyes
U Should know Better
We Dance to the Beat

Robyn, totes sorry for my earlier ignorance.

2Il27Z4.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tumblr_ms7tywkq981s9gq1zo3_500.gif

Alright, i'll eat my crow pie. Just listened to Body Talk in its entirety for the first now & now I know who Miss Robyn is. I understand why I haven't heard this earlier, but I wasn't really much into pop music back then, and Robyn herself was a definite Hew for me sans Bulletproof that was on the radio. The electronic beats & productions give the alberm much power tbh, & the Snoop collab took me for a shock just a bit. It's pretty great overall & catchy.

Top tracks for me:
Indestructible
Don't fucking tell me what to do
Time Machine
None of Dem
In my Eyes
U Should know Better
We Dance to the Beat

Robyn, totes sorry for my earlier ignorance.

2Il27Z4.gif
Yes. Let GODbyn in!!!!!!

cory64

So what is the answer to the question of u?
What do I look for? What shall I do?
Which way do I turn when I'm feeling lost?
If I sell my soul, now what will it cost?
Must I become naked, no image at all?
Shall I remain upright or get down and crawl?

All of the questions in my life will be answered
When I decide which road to choose
What is the answer to the question of u?
Real Music™

Eyeconic. Still serving absolute quality 12 years into his career.

Oh, they're not the same person?

1EVqKox.gif

Yeah, they're not.

Robyn's relatively big relatively recent hit was Dancing on My Own.

In the United States, "Dancing on My Own" debuted at number forty on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart. On the issue dated 17 July 2010, it reached its peak of number three and stayed on that position for two weeks.

That's a slay for Robyn tbh.

OH ANTHONIO
MY ANTHONIO
THERE IS ONLY ONE THING I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY
IT MAY COME AS A SURPRISE
MY BABY HAS YOUR EYES

God, such a perfect song.

bitch better get her child support checks.

Floridian

She's no vers, hunty.

bDW8jToG_reasonably_small.jpeg

Why cherry pick a hook from a 6 year old song to discredit versality when you can just examine all seven of her albums and different musical elements she's been successful with & base it on that? She has that reputation for a reason, along with Gaga.
j8lmWGW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom