• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
So I heard Miley is working with Ariel Pink? And The Flaming Lips?

Should I perch? I'm perching. If the album is good I am willing to forget Bangerz exists.

Why does it seem like poor Sky keeps getting ripped off tho ; hopefully it's not as bad as that Soko girl.

yasss I was bopping so hard to a bunch of kesha songs like 2 days ago

I relistened to C'mon today. I don't understand how that was the song that broke her winning Billboard streak. It's such a blissfully euphoric anthem.

I don't wanna go to sleep,
I wanna stay up all night,
I wanna just screw around.
I don't wanna think about,
Whats gonna be after this,
I wanna just live right now.

C'mon!

tbh tho i recognised at least two guys in that video

U7vKFzq.gif

Floridian

After another listen to Madonna's Hard Candy, it's not as bad as some people exaggerate it to be. I personally find it underrated tbh. If you're not a fan of Pharrell/Timberland/J.T production & the attempted urban approach then I could see why people would hate it, but it was the concept at the time, although maybe a year or two late.

Bladenic

Mau ®;158737363 said:
It's true. She showed off some of the songs with Flaming Lips at my Bangerz Tour show. They were great.

Eek not MILEY working with flaming lips, that was Kesha's thing rip

rhandino

Banned
New Mariah, more Carly and the possibility of new Kesha...

8b5oOSS.gif

I doubt about Ke$ha doing music right now tbh, did the mess with Dr. Luke already ended?

Coolluck

I relistened to C'mon today. I don't understand how that was the song that broke her winning Billboard streak. It's such a blissfully euphoric anthem.

I don't wanna go to sleep,
I wanna stay up all night,
I wanna just screw around.
I don't wanna think about,
Whats gonna be after this,
I wanna just live right now.

C'mon!

I personally hate the bridge on the song. Plus, Ke$ha has always walked a fine line with me as it is.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
After another listen to Madonna's Hard Candy, it's not as bad as some people exaggerate it to be. I personally find it underrated tbh. If you're not a fan of Pharrell/Timberland/J.T production & the attempted urban approach then I could see why people would hate it, but it was the concept at the time, although maybe a year or two late.
STOP trying to convince us that hard candy isn't trash

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6523987/iggy-azalea-furious-7-line

Move over, Rita Ora. There's a new acting queen in town.

shes on the first scene!!! I saw her, she looked HOTT

and its just her first cameo role, shes always said on interviews abt it last year she only had a lil part shes prob just happy she made it through the final cut. she makes an appearance on one of the biggest movie franchises of current times on her first film ever and people still tryna find a reason to shade lmao, Queen Iggy stays on everyones minds!

Rude doing the mosT.

Frodo

Get Outta My Way is Pop perfection.

But it's not the best track on X... Because it's not on X.

X is such a great (and underrated) albern. Speakerphone, Sensitised, WOW, 2 Hearts, The One, Nu-di-ty, In my Arms, and the delicious Cosmic... I don't need to skip a single track when listening to it, tbh. Even the B-sides and Bonus tracks rock: Cherry Bomb, Boombox and Magnectic Electric are better than other artists full attempts at a pop-album. Not to mention her image, covers, and videos, during the entire era were superb.

Best track of Aphodite is still All the Lovers. Better than Today will forever slay in my heart. LOVE that feel good vibe. The video is great too, with several video-games references.

Kylie is on another level, tbh. Your fave will never.

I always say that Hard Candy is a great Nelly Furtado albern.

Talking about her: Promiscuous gives me life to this day.

I love "Heartbeat". There's something fittingly tragic about the image of Madge grimly spinning on the dancefloor till the very end while everyone else has left the room and turned off the lights.

"It may feel old to you, but to me it feels new". The self-drag.

Rebel Heart > Hard Candy >>>>>>>>>>>>> MDNE

Floridian

Touchdown

Banned
I love "Heartbeat". There's something fittingly tragic about the image of Madge grimly spinning on the dancefloor till the very end while everyone else has left the room and turned off the lights.

Oh. Welcome.

tumblr_nl49wvByhF1tfdv49o1_250.gif

Frodo

Her performance on the S&S Tour was great.

Come at me, but Sticky and Sweet Tour is my favourite Madonna Tour. So colourful and vibrant. Madonna was also super strong at the time (super lean too as, probably, the routine took a lot from her) and I always loved her looking like that. Even if most people don't appreciate it. I know it is not Blond Ambition, but I just love it.

Come at me, but Sticky and Sweet Tour is my favourite Madonna Tour. So colourful and vibrant. Madonna was also super strong at the time (super lean too as, probably, the routine took a lot from her) and I always loved her looking like that. Even if most people don't appreciate it. I know it is not Blond Ambition, but I just love it.
I low-key miss those iconic biceps Tracey Anderson gave her.

Floridian

Sweet & Sticky is also my favorite Tour from her. Everything was topnotch tbh.

Should have added another line:

"I've released my album twice and it still ain't gold. Please buy it."

Atleast the public has some common sense to not waste their money.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ugh, Haim hanging around with Taylor and now Kesha? Not feeling too confident about that second album any more. A shame.

Why does it seem like poor Sky keeps getting ripped off tho ; hopefully it's not as bad as that Soko girl.

fwiw, Soko's been in the game longer than Sky.

Nevermind Igloo and Rihta, can we take another moment to think about the fact that Susanne GOdfør was kind enough to bless us with Ten Love Songs

jBrD3U1.gif

buy it on iTunes NOW tbfh

royalan

Nevermind Igloo and Rihta, can we take another moment to think about the fact that Susanne GOdfør was kind enough to bless us with Ten Love Songs

jBrD3U1.gif

buy it on iTunes NOW tbfh

LOL - I played that album at work today and nearly lost my music-playing privaleges, everyone HATED it.

But at least it confirmed that the weird sound issues weren't my headphones. Played the album over quality speakers and it still sounded like garbage. Terrible mixing on that album. Just...godawful. Will likely never listen to it again for that reason alone.

LOL - I played that album at work today and nearly lost my music-playing privaleges, everyone HATED it.

But at least it confirmed that the weird sound issues weren't my headphones. Played the album over quality speakers and it still sounded like garbage. Terrible mixing on that album. Just...godawful. Will likely never listen to it again for that reason alone.
You sure you listened to the same album sis. The mixing is great - if you want a poor mix listen to REbel heart tbh. THAT's god awful mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom