• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

Metacritic isn't always accurate. Born This Way (standard version) is easily better than The Fame Monster, for example. It gets some things right though - like Ultraviolence being better than Born To Die.

royalan

BEYONCE isn't a bad album.

It's just a boring, derivative album. Practically every track on the album is a direct rip-off of the producer she worked with, or the artist she was "inspired" by. It didn't leave Beyonce with an identity of her own other than "FEMINIST!"

I got so many kiiiis from Beyhive thinking that the Grammy committee would ever award that album Album Of the Year, especially over Beck.

Metacritic isn't always accurate. Born This Way (standard version) is easily better than The Fame Monster, for example. It gets some things right though - like Ultraviolence being better than Born To Die.

Go wash your mouth out with soap. The terrible sound mixing on that album ALONE is enough to put it several rungs below Born to Die. We don't even have to get into the lack of variety, some of Lana's laziest vocals to date, and how 4 of the middle tracks sound exactly the same. Ultraflatulence is a shit album and solely responsible for killing Lana's career.

Metacritic isn't always accurate. Born This Way (standard version) is easily better than The Fame Monster
yuuuuup
plus taking into account the fact that Gaga albums post TFM are reviews of Gaga as much as they are reviews of the music. I mean most ARTPOP reviews were mostly talking about how they didn't know what the title meant and Gaga was a bit vague.

Meowster

Teeth is easily Gags worst song pre-Artpop (then it would be Donatella). I've never really used So Overrated I Could Nap or Telephone sans the video either. The Fame is better.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

iq41fetR52ZH6.png

Floridian

BEYONCE isn't a bad album.

It's just a boring, derivative album. Practically every track on the album is a direct rip-off of the producer she worked with, or the artist she was "inspired" by. It didn't leave Beyonce with an identity of her own other than "FEMINIST!"

I got so many kiiiis from Beyhive thinking that the Grammy committee would ever award that album Album Of the Year, especially over Beck.

It did get snubbed from its urban category tbh. I still to this day have no idea how Pharrell won that over Beyonce, although I liked both albums.

It's crazy how Godga's genuine classic "Just Dance" is only about 18k from being at the seven million mark. Bless Billboard for unveiling this all today. Still think it is shocking that "Applause" outsold her best song "Alejandro" according to them.

source pls

Touchdown

Banned
i don't need to remember something that i still know to be truth.

Yes but children have been born and are almost now 2 years old since that album dropped and what has she done lately? Nothing. This is a - what have you done for me lately- industry and Beyonce isn't getting any younger. Having 1 album that sold well is great and all but longevity is the key.

64328fb166.gif

Floridian

Yes but children have been born and are almost now 2 years old since that album dropped and what has she done lately? Nothing. This is a - what have you done for me lately- industry and Beyonce isn't getting any younger. Having 1 album that sold well is great and all but longevity is the key.

64328fb166.gif

She created the urban dance craze of 2014 with 7/11, & dropped a remix with Nicki which was a mini-event. All I could think of atm

5787_aacc_380.gif

Meowster

source pls
http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...billboard-lady-gagas-top-selling-songs-albums

Hi Frederick, @hausofezra and Little Monsters everywhere,

Gaga had a great birthday. "Thanku to so many fans and people all over the world for the beautiful birthday wishes!," she posted on Twitter on her special day. "Please don't send me any gifts, your love is enough!"

Five days earlier, she actually gave fans a present, in the form of a simple Twitter tease: "writing songs."

Continuing the festivities, let's look at Gaga's best-selling songs and her top-selling albums in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music. Has she become the first artist with two 7-million-selling downloads? Let's see:

Songs:
7.21 million, "Poker Face"; 6.98 million; "Just Dance" (feat. Colby O'Donis); 5.57 million, "Bad Romance"; 4.05 million, "Born This Way"; 3.49 million, "Paparazzi"

3.38 million, "Telephone" (feat. Beyonce); 2.92 million, "The Edge of Glory"; 2.61 million, "LoveGame"; 2.58 million, "Applause"; 2.54 million, "Alejandro"

2.31 million, "You and I"; 1.22 million, "Do What You Want" (feat. R. Kelly); 973,000, "Judas"; 803,000, "Starstruck" (feat. Space Cowboy and Flo Rida); 713,000, "Marry the Night"
USA only.

rude

Banned
It's crazy how Godga's genuine classic "Just Dance" is only about 18k from being at the seven million mark. Bless Billboard for unveiling this all today. Still think it is shocking that "Applause" outsold her best song "Alejandro" according to them.
Stan for Alejandro, the second best of the three good songs on TFM.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

64328fb166.gif

i mean well your fave hasn't done anything of note since about 1995 so idk where you think you've got the authority to come for beyonce from

royalan

i mean well your fave hasn't done anything of note since about 1995 so idk where you think you've got the authority to come for beyonce from

HA!

As if Mariah's 90s material isn't enough to make her more iconic than Beyonce could ever hope to be.

And then we get into Emancipation of Mimi and it's game over. Lets not compare artists who simply exist on two different planes. Mimi is with the Legends. Beyonce is with the lunchables.

HA!

As if Mariah's 90s material isn't enough to make her more iconic than Beyonce could ever hope to be.

And then we get into Emancipation of Mimi and it's game over. Lets not compare artists who simply exist on two different planes. Mimi is with the Legends. Beyonce is with the lunchables.

I mean, I'm not sure someone who considers Xtina a legend is qualified to make this assessment.

royalan

I mean, I'm not sure someone who considers Xtina a legend is qualified to make this assessment.

Xtina just made 60 million sitting on her ass judging lessers. Her greatness need not be mentioned.

Bey stans thinking they can come for Mariah tho? That's almost a funnier joke than Tidal.

Breh, I know you've given up, but this is Rihanna we're talking about. Just like her past 6 albums, she'll sale atleast 2m WW, exceeding ARTPOP.

d7sm9SF.gif

Sad that even with the forced "failure" storyline that everyone here wants to associate with Gaga, ARTPOP is still better than any Rihanna album.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
snuggles rn
tumblr_inline_nlhlzaKLMV1r9hhpn.gif

never heard that asap song though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom