• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much bitterness and resentment over Jesus. I hope She has mercy on all of you.
Isn't that what they were saying when she released I Really Flopped Hard?

Not even Tom Hanks could save ha

JQu0lHo.gif

Floridian

younger, fresher, more exciting, a serious threat?

Carly is older than Taylor, not anymore exciting than Taylor, wouldn't say fresher than her but would she was ahead of her in terms of the sound of pop music, & sales wises is not a threat by any means. Rita is only 2 years younger than Rih, definitely a doppleganger, is about as exciting as a substitute teacher, and sales & music wise is no threat to rih by any means. And with that comparison, Taylor is prettier than Carly, as Rihanna is prettier than Ora.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
and yet you just expended a paragraph worth of words defending your fave against her.....you should have mentioned that you think she has a loose attitude towards sexual relations too, to rub the point home.

[edit] wait i just saw that carly has collabed with rostam batmanlij for her second alber? okay, it's guaranteed to be a slay. sorry taylor but you can't compete with (half of) the songwriting force of nature behind vampslay weekend

Floridian

and yet you just expended a paragraph worth of words defending your fave against her.....you should have mentioned that you think she has a loose attitude towards sexual relations too, to rub the point home.

Yeah those 3 sentences that I wrote in about 15 seconds contains facts. I know as a Beyonce fan you probably can't be bothered reading that much anyway.

Does Beyoncé even know what a paragraph is? Has she ever evolved the the ability to write more than simple sentences? If you showed her a dictionary would she even know what it was?

Floridian

Taylor's music may be insufferable, but I would definitely choose her to mingle with over basic Carly. Let me know when Oral/iCarly can reach T-Swift's status tbh.

4HxaQar.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah those 3 sentences that I wrote in about 15 seconds contains facts. I know as a Beyonce fan you probably can't be bothered reading that much anyway.

*writes an essay explaining i'm not bothered by those nobodies*

honestly sis you are serving 18th century mens rights activists dedicating their entire research careers to explaining why women are too stupid to go to university

Floridian

*writes an essay explaining i'm not bothered by those nobodies*

honestly sis you are serving 18th century mens rights activists dedicating their entire research careers to explaining why women are too stupid to go to university

sis, it was only like 2 & half sentences of simple comparisons based on observation & objective data. It's called discussion, not being bothered. You sound more bothered by my comparison than what you're claiming me as being. Calm your testosterone tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well i guess the difference is that if someone came for my faves with a ridiculous comparison i wouldn't give them the time of day........

Floridian

well i guess the difference is that if someone came for my faves with a ridiculous comparison i wouldn't give them the time of day........

What was ridiculous about it? Care to nitpick?

- Rita is about 2 years younger than Rih. - Not ridiculous at all, it's fact.
- Definitely a doppleganger - I mean have you not seen her fashion or music attempts? All of that screams for a "Natalia kills" exposure.
- As exciting as a substitute teacher - You wanna entertain me on what makes Rita exciting? How does she stand out from the rest?
- Sales & music wise she's not a threat - You must have some super high expectations if you think Rita can outdo Rihanna in Worldwide sales or even US sales. As for music, that was a bit unfair because Rih has about 7 albums worth of music meanwhile Rita or her label is currently scared of releasing her new music.

And i'm not a fan of Taylor, but I can give her some ups over the other. As for Rih/Rita all I have is that Rita sounds a bit better live than Rih.

cory64

Rita being the next-most prominent Roc Nation artist after J Cole and not getting in on Tidal

edit: Wait. ORA her debut alber through Roc Nation isn't even on Tidal
She's getting droppedT

Oe1Lrit.png

Floridian

I actually like the CDQ version of AO2. It's a bit refreshing after last night's disaster. It's a bit longer than I expected tbh. All it's missing is that guitar solo from that performance, & it would have made it perfect.

Floridian

Why is American Oxygen not on iTunes? BBHMM still not on spotify either. Is Rih really depending on TIDAL only for her output? I'm really concerned about the R8 era.

Why is American Oxygen not on iTunes? BBHMM still not on spotify either. Is Rih really depending on TIDAL only for her output? I'm really concerned about the R8 era.
if it's TIDAL exclusive it will flop tbh
Beyoncé was smart in doing an exclusive album on a service where you actually BUY music (and arguably the most popular digital music service)
Exclusively releasing your album on a streaming service that nobody's using because of the price is a great way to flop tbh.

The song is being spread around soundcloud and youtube...what's the point of a Tidal exclusive? It's just a timed exclusive, obviously, we all know this will be up on iTunes come Monday or Tuesday.

Pretty weird, stumbling way to debut new music.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Rita being the next-most prominent Roc Nation artist after J Cole and not getting in on Tidal

edit: Wait. ORA her debut alber through Roc Nation isn't even on Tidal
She's getting droppedT

Ritallah better get off that train wreck. I mean, these are the people in charge of RihSh8t and Tidal.

Oe1Lrit.png

Floridian

Mau ®;158938219 said:
Just leak "Higher" and cancel Rhat8, Rih.

Save your career while you still can!!!

tJwj1cT.gif

It's funny, FourFiveSeconds is still the best song she released this year, and pretty much all of my expectations for the songs she released weren't met nor exceeded. I'm not expecting R8 to be AOTY or anything, but now I don't know what to think. She could just release it this month & get it over with already.

Weird to not have it available to BUY... I don't even like streaming because I like owning my music and applying my own album art, etc.

Oh well, I would totally buy AO today if I was able to. Fuck Spotify, Tidal and whatever else

None of these "exclusives" stay exclusive for long they just end up ripped in other sources.
I understand they tried to make some incentive to join Tidal but it all just ends up ripped anyway.

Vazduh

None of these "exclusives" stay exclusive for long they just end up ripped in other sources.
I understand they tried to make some incentive to join Tidal but it all just ends up ripped anyway.

Yes, especially now when Tital is offering lossless streaming, meaning that quality 320/v0 mp3s will be available literally minutes after a stream is available.

edit: Just heard AO in full. The production is top-notch, but the song is so boring.

tumblr_lxcflbzkzr1r9extuo1_500.gif

American Oxygen is the only pop song with something to say.

Admittedly, I can't help but roll my eyes at some of the lyrics because it's simply peddling the bullshit narrative of American exceptionalism. The Rhat should do better than that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
rihannas power I guess
explains why her first week sales are usually (comparatively) low yet she still gets hits and sells loads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom