• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this topic

This time let's rate ARTPOP's songs based on the top-vers-bottom spectrum:

Aura - Hostile top
Venus - Factory settings bottom
G.U.Y. - Power Bottom
Sex Dreams - Power Vers
Jewels N Drugs - Power Top, st8 acting only, no fems, no whites, no second verse
MANiCURE - Vers, watches drag shows on weeknights
Do What U Want - Opportunistic bottom/legal demon
ARTPOP - Asexual centaur
Swine - Bottom/eggplant emoji enthusiast
Donatella - Power Bottom but leads with Vers
Fashion! - Power Bottom but leads with Bottom
Mary Jane Holland - Bottom, 420, love Grimes and wearing ponchos at home, let's watch Adventure Time
Dope - N/A, prefers to lay there and cry
Gypsy - Mild-mannered top
Applause - Human Grindr notification/bassoon player
What did I just read?

ARTPOP The Album- pretentious white gay on tumblr

85KZz3D.gif

I love this topic

Aura - Hostile top
G.U.Y. - Power Bottom
Sex Dreams - Power Vers
Jewels N Drugs - Power Top, st8 acting only, no fems, no whites, no second verse
ARTPOP - Asexual centaur
Mary Jane Holland - Bottom, 420, love Grimes and wearing ponchos at home, let's watch Adventure Time

WTF did I just read?!? LMFAO!!

Phreaker

She's 27 rn so I don't think the next album will even be called 27. Maybe 29.

She said this would be her last album that is age titled. Zane told her that she should just call the next one Adele, that she needs a self-titled album. I think she liked that idea.

The Flop

Banned
I love this topic

Aura - Hostile top
G.U.Y. - Power Bottom
Sex Dreams - Power Vers
ARTPOP - Asexual centaur

I've bolded all of the songs I like, what does this all mean?

Vitanimus

But I still love you
I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I love you
I didn’t mean to say what I said
I miss you, I mean it, I tried not to feel it
But I can’t get you out of my head
And I want you to miss me
When I’m not around you
I know that you’re in town
Why won't you come around
To the spot that we met

I’m not the type of girl for you
And I’m not going to pretend
That I’m the type of girl you call more than a friend
And I break all the rules for you
Break my heart and start again
I’m not the type of girl you call more than a friend

CioYM0U.gif

Partition

Banned
sisters we have entered a new age in the world of music where Adele has assumed the position of God. The funny part is that nobody here really stans her all that much. The fact that 25 will sell more albums than all of Taylor Swift's future albums combined gives me much joy though. Talent always wins. #realmusic

ec437c1dbb.gif

1989 and Red are both more acclaimed

CDX

Did anyone listen or read Adele's interview with NPR?

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/24/457252109/you-cant-prepare-yourself-a-conversation-with-adele

She says a few kind things about Britney

I personally found it surprising she made multiple albums and was in the industry and didn't realize who Max Martin was.

She talks about listening and being a fan of pop music.

And I find that most people feel quite relaxed around me. I've met a couple that, have been a bit hysterical — like, uncontrollable shaking and stuff like that. But I'm like, "C'mon. Stop it. It's just me. I'm not Britney. What're you doing?"

You've outsold Britney, though! I hate to break it to you.

Britney is the queen.

This was a collaboration with the Swedish superproducer Max Martin. He worked with Taylor Swift, a lot of other big names. Tell us about the process that led to this song.

I was in New York, writing "Remedy" with Ryan Tedder. We were having lunch, and "[I Knew You Were] Trouble" came on the radio — Taylor's song that she did with Max and Shellback. I was like, "Who did this?" I knew it was Taylor, and I've always loved her, but this is a totally other side — like, "I want to know who like brought that out in her." And he said Max Martin. I was unaware that I knew who Max Martin was. I Googled him, and I was like, "He's literally written every massive soundtrack of my life."

So I got my management to reach out. They came to London, and I took my guitar along and was like, "I've got this riff," and then "Send My Love" happened really quickly. Max Martin, I just could hang out with him forever. He's so beautiful and lovely and funny and generous and warm and caring. He's a really amazing man.

The last time we talked to you on this show, a few years ago, you talked about listening to Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald and the way those voices influenced you. This time, we're mentioning Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. Are you trying to sound like a wider range of things than the kind that inspired your previous album?

No, not at all. The music that truly moves my soul is Etta and Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan and stuff like that. But the music that has soundtracked my life since birth is pop. That's what happens at school: The stuff that is massive and all over the radio, that's the stuff you listen to with your friends, and how you make friendships early on. Like, my favorite band is The Spice Girls. I just remember seeing Geri Halliwell and being like, "F*** it, I'm going to do that. I want to be Ginger Spice." And I remember where I was when I first heard "Oops!...I Did It Again." The whole girl power movement really inspired me and made me feel really fearless.

So it goes deeper than just their little witty songs. Like, they really mean the world to me. I will never make a bubblegum pop record, but in terms of what I listen to for no other reason than just to listen to music, I listen to pop. And then when I want to access myself and feel my soul bubble and boil, there's the music that I'm truly inspired by and that has depth in my life. But the stuff that skims the surface is the soundtrack. It soundtracks our lives, whether we like it or not.

Frodo

Saving this thread from the 3rd page:

u1uhhpH.gif

I was listening to M3L155X today and what a great EP it is. All flawless tracks, flawless productions. I need more FKA twigs.

Frodo

Does anyone still use Miley's album?
psUPlmx.gif

I remember some users were saying it was the best album of the year, miley her power, true artpop etc
p1BKnc9.gif

It's not on Google All Access, so I don't use it.
Can't be bothered with Soundcloud, tbh. Most of the time I'm listening to stuff while I commute, I need to be able to download stuff.

Frodo

You're all just mad cuz your faves haven't released anything significant in ages.

Stop denying Carly the recognition she deserves!

7WcIFtz.gif

Listening to DWUW again recently and it had so many opportunities to be a hit. alas, it was hindered by bad management.

I always wonder what the music video would have been like though...

Leak it Mama Monster!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jlo's opening to the AMAs was on point
truly the hispanic beyonce

Phreaker

But I still love you
I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I love you
I didn’t mean to say what I said
I miss you, I mean it, I tried not to feel it
But I can’t get you out of my head
And I want you to miss me
When I’m not around you
I know that you’re in town
Why won't you come around
To the spot that we met

I’m not the type of girl for you
And I’m not going to pretend
That I’m the type of girl you call more than a friend
And I break all the rules for you
Break my heart and start again
I’m not the type of girl you call more than a friend

CioYM0U.gif

Right? Such a great song
tumblr_inline_nxh1l5A8e91sigszh_500.gif

Have you seen the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFMVzo9zuE

Did anyone listen or read Adele's interview with NPR?

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/24/457252109/you-cant-prepare-yourself-a-conversation-with-adele

She says a few kind things about Britney

I had heard or read that one, but I just did - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom