• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Rated R says "Hello. It's me".
No
1126682d9a.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
*yawn*. By that logic would u also agree that Rated R has more quality than Ultraviolence, Born To Die, all of Ciara's albums, & all of Beyonce's albums minus ST since it was higher rated than them?

Nope cause Rihanna music is mediocre.

Mau ®

The meltdowns in this page. 😂

I'm just happy there ain't no TIDAL exclusive and HDD have been wrong since the start 😳

Yado

Mau ®;186982088 said:
The meltdowns in this page. 😂

I'm just happy there ain't no TIDAL exclusive and HDD have been wrong since the start 😳

At least we'd know it actually existed if it was on Tidal.

Floridian

Mau ®;186982088 said:
The meltdowns in this page. ��

I'm just happy there ain't no TIDAL exclusive and HDD have been wrong since the start ��

HDD being a bigger flop than Tidal. Poor them.

Dp8Nx9o.gif

Because I knew it wouldn't go lower than 86. Now 88 with 26 reviews.

Almost twice the amount of people care about Grimes than Gaga's supposed opus. Wow.
TFM came out in 2009, when there was like 2 reputable blogs.

Nowadays pretty much anything can get featured on meta, so it's not surprising that Art Angles has more reviews.

Her having the privilege to treat her fan base like puppets doesn't make it excusable. Her having the privilege to take the amount of vacations this year when she had an album to finish doesn't make it excusable. People aren't going to simply forget about the messy pre-album campaign and experience once the album is out. And once the album does come out, even that won't make all the confusion and disappointment that she caused beforehand excusable, well at least for me. Her general fans have been waiting for 3+ years after having been experienced with 4+ years of nonstop music, so being continuously teased & then being let down with false hope will bring out some "butt hurt" reactions. Her having the privilege to do whatever she wants doesn't make the events that occured excusable. Sorry.

Actually, she doesn't owe anyone anything. You call it privilege but she's not held to any kind of contract with her fans and she can very well retire tomorrow if she wants to. Nothing she's doing is inexcusable and this is just another case of pop fans feeling entitled to excellence on their own schedule without knowing or considering the circumstances on the artists' end. And even if she's just moving slower than usual or is taking vacations, what's wrong with that? She gave you like 20 albums in a row and toured with each one.

And yes, everyone forgets pre-album drama after the album drops, because that shit doesn't matter. So why bother being bitchy about Anti not being out right this second when it's obviously coming out in like a week or two lol

And yes, everyone forgets pre-album drama after the album drops, because that shit doesn't matter. So why bother being bitchy about Anti not being out right this second when it's obviously coming out in like a week or two lol
What? That's like almost all anyone talks about when it comes to ARTPOP.

What? That's like almost all anyone talks about when it comes to ARTPOP.

I mean that no one thinks back to how much they waited for the album after they already have it. In the case of ARTPOP there were actual management issues that caused the era itself to be a mess, but in Anti's case most people are holding it against Rihanna that they can't wait for the album to come out. 😆

Her having the privilege to treat her fan base like puppets doesn't make it excusable.
Are you serious?

Her having the privilege to take the amount of vacations this year when she had an album to finish doesn't make it excusable.
Excuse you?

People aren't going to simply forget about the messy pre-album campaign and experience once the album is out.
So?

And once the album does come out, even that won't make all the confusion and disappointment that she caused beforehand excusable, well at least for me.
You are serious... Wow!

Her general fans have been waiting for 3+ years after having been experienced with 4+ years of nonstop music, so being continuously teased & then being let down with false hope will bring out some "butt hurt" reactions.
Girl...

Her having the privilege to do whatever she wants doesn't make the events that occured excusable. Sorry.
Well... ok then.

-----------------------------------

Actually, she doesn't owe anyone anything.
Exactly!

You call it privilege but she's not held to any kind of contract with her fans and she can very well retire tomorrow if she wants to.
Yup!

Nothing she's doing is inexcusable and this is just another case of pop fans feeling entitled to excellence on their own schedule without knowing or considering the circumstances on the artists' end.
Bingo!

And even if she's just moving slower than usual or is taking vacations, what's wrong with that? She gave you like 20 albums in a row and toured with each one.
Tell em!

So why bother being bitchy about Anti not being out right this second when it's obviously coming out in like a week or two lol
Right? This cycle of berating our popstars when they don't deliver on our schedules is ludicrous. This is Beyonce all over again. Its tiring.

Floridian

It's not about owing me anything. I've already said time & time again that if she doesn't release this year then that'll be fine by me. That doesn't mean though that I can't nor won't express how bad her campaign & hype setting has been. She decided to release a single 10 months ago that launched her era. She decided to release exclusive content on an unpopular service. She decided to tease her fans with snippets & saying her album is coming "soon" for the past year. She can do what she wants but what her team is doing rn, as I fan, I don't agree with. Call it "whining" "entitlement" or whatever you want but that's how I see it.

Yado

I wouldn't compare this messy Anti era to the events that preceded the release of Beyonce at all. Beyonce wasn't dropping several buzz singles and promising the album would be coming soon. Is there even any point to the Antidiary thing?

Floridian

I wouldn't compare this messy Anti era to the events that preceded the release of Beyonce at all. Beyonce wasn't dropping several buzz singles and promising the album would be coming soon. Is there even any point to the Antidiary thing?

Pre-ST & Pre-Artpop doesn't even compare. The 2nd part of the diary was supposed to be unlocked around 15 hours ago yet it's still locked. It's not even a fun thing to do for anyone at this point & i'm not the only one who feels this way. But we're just being "entitled" & should just "get over it" anyway.

royalan

Gurls, there are two different conversations happening here.

There's the "OMG QUEEN RIRI I JUST WANT YOUR MUSIC NOW AHHHHHHH!!!!" crowd which, yeah, calm down you'll get it when you get it.

Then there's the discussion surrounding the marketing strategy being employed by Rihanna and her team, and her chances for a successful era. To me, that's the more interesting conversation, because really it's a damn mess at this point.

I mean it's not like she hasn't been dropping hints, singles, little teases that all lead up to nothing which makes it seem like she really doesn't give a shit at all. The most recent marketing strategy once again led up nothing at all. Later she'll come up with something else and maybe this time we'll see something but right now I don't blame her stans getting mad when they're constantly being baited by her.
I'm sure some of you would be singing a different tune if it was your fave, lmao.

Luckily my fave Lana loves to work and constantly puts out new material that always does something different from the last
eBUF7Iu.gif

Floridian

I mean it's not like she hasn't been dropping hints, singles, little teases that all lead up to nothing which makes it seem like she really doesn't give a shit at all. The most recent marketing strategy once again led up nothing at all. Later she'll come up with something else and maybe this time we'll see something but right now I don't blame her stans getting mad when they're constantly being baited by her.
I'm sure some of you would be singing a different tune if it was your fave, lmao.

Luckily my fave Lana loves to work and constantly puts out new material that always does something different from the last
eBUF7Iu.gif
Rih/Lana fans must be lucky. For every year except 2012 where Rih hasn't released, Lana has.

Also, the "she released 7 albums so therefore we should be content with whatever happens with future album events" argument doesn't necessarily work here. I know the 3 year gap doesn't compare to the likes of Adele, or many other artists outside of pop music, but the "all tease, no talk" that's been occuring is mentally tiring. I'm interested in seeing how commercially it'll perform as well as the music.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I thought it was known that all Rhat is good for is her singles.

But now that she doesn't even have that, I guess all she has is her SOCK line.

tumblr_inline_nt45yaU4BU1r8r1ni_500.gif

I think we need to be a bit objective and not simply chalk it up to "entitlement"

This era has been a mess from the very beginning, let's skip 2013/2014 cause she was making music for and starring in that animated film. She was juggling that and R8 at the same time that isn't her fault.

About her vacations we don't really know her motivations behind them and sometimes people need a break. She has been doing other business ventures and photoshoots all the while working on R8.

The issues started when she was (and still is) silent to her fans and has not given one single update other than "ANTI COMING SOON"

3 singles each with a MV with no updates in sight and more silence.

Then the rumors about trying for a surprise release. Which is hard to tell if it's true or not but it wouldn't make any sense considering she released 3 singles and an interlude.

Then this really messy samsung collaboration, the concept is great but they fumbled hard here. The promo commercials were so cryptic and vague I wonder if anyone outside of the indsutry and stans knew what it was for?.

After all this silence only to play guessing games with this mismanged scavenger hunt the fans deserve to be pissed. But I do feel some of these meltdowns are going overboard.

They should just drop the album cause at this point it's gonna sell even less than expected with all this mess.

Rihanna and her team floundering and not knowing what to do is all actually a performance art piece and truly sums up her antithetical attitudes to everything. #ANTi #NVAY #G*ga

Floridian

I think we need to be a bit objective and not simply chalk it up to "entitlement"

This era has been a mess from the very beginning, let's skip 2013/2014 cause she was making music for and starring in that animated film. She was juggling that and R8 at the same time that isn't her fault.

About her vacations we don't really know her motivations behind them and sometimes people need a break. She has been doing other business ventures and photoshoots all the while working on R8.

The issues started when she was (and still is) silent to her fans and has not given one single update other than "ANTI COMING SOON"

Then the rumors about trying for a surprise release. Which is hard to tell if it's true or not but it wouldn't make any sense considering she released 3 singles and an interlude.

Then this really messy samsung collaboration, the concept is great but they fumbled hard here. The promo commercials were so cryptic and vague I wonder if anyone outside of the indsutry and stans knew what it was for?.

After all this silence only to play guessing games with this mismanged scavenger hunt the fans deserve to be pissed. But I do feel some of these meltdowns are going overboard.

They should just drop the album cause at this point it's gonna sell even less than expected with all this mess.
Pretty much. I'd be content with it dropping sometime soon, though with the tour announcement & all that's pretty much confirmed it's coming before March.
I think a lot of people are mistaking expecting a decent marketing and release campaign for "entitlement". It's not.
Exactly. It's pretty much a dismissal term in this case. Her marketing before was never this dysfunctional. Being disappointed/confused by the handling of this era isn't being entitled, no matter how many albums/tours/songs whatever she's put out.

PInk Tape

Banned

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Pretty much. I'd be content with it dropping sometime soon, though with the tour announcement & all that's pretty much confirmed it's coming before March.

Exactly. It's pretty much a dismissal term in this case. Her marketing before was never this dysfunctional. Being disappointed/confused by the handling of this era isn't being entitled, no matter how many albums/tours/songs whatever she's put out.

Yeah, I would have called it entitlement if she was transparent during the whole thing.

I think one of the bigger issues was letting Kanye on the project, he can't even get his own album out let alone anyone elses.

I agree with the commercials not telling you what Antidiary even is. Like, Jay-Z's album commercial with Samsung would have been perfect for Rihanna, instead they go with this cryptic stuff that doesn't even tell you what it's advertising or what the website is advertising. It's such a mess, it's like they were trying to come up with dark, edgy marketing when they should have just put the album out because she teased it back in like october or whatever with "Coming soon." There was no time to play any games or start an era from the ground up when you told your stans that it was coming soon. We still have December which I guess is when it's coming but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom