• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
25's opening numbers -- 3.35M
it could drop 80% next week and another 60% the week after and it would still probably block Anti from the #1 spot

I honestly wonder if we would have had all this fuckery with rih if adele wasnt dominating like she is

Floridian

Yeah, I would have called it entitlement if she was transparent during the whole thing.

I think one of the bigger issues was letting Kanye on the project, he can't even get his own album out let alone anyone elses.

Yes. That's what I mentioned earlier. Relying on another music artist who also has shit going on around his life (family, fashion, music) for your own album to be done is to me an issue. It's moments like where she announces the album cover/title & you think she has it together, but then goes silent & is like "i'm still not done with the album/waiting on *insert here*" is where the problem lies. For every hint of progression, there's a bump where it feels like we're back to "square one" and in the speculation phase.

Touchdown

Banned
While we're waiting for Rhat

Get into Rick Ross' latest smash hit Can't Say No, featuring the one and only Mariah Carey

tumblr_nyh4n9zq4W1tt6s82o3_r1_250.gif

I agree with the commercials not telling you what Antidiary even is. Like, Jay-Z's album commercial with Samsung would have been perfect for Rihanna, instead they go with this cryptic stuff that doesn't even tell you what it's advertising or what the website is advertising. It's such a mess, it's like they were trying to come up with dark, edgy marketing when they should have just put the album out because she teased it back in like october or whatever with "Coming soon." There was no time to play any games or start an era from the ground up when you told your stans that it was coming soon. We still have December which I guess is when it's coming but whatever

Exactly, what they should have done was axe the 8 rooms concept and get straight to the point. Drop each key in multiple locations and make them hard to find, whoever gets one first wins.

They then post it on their social media to unlock the tracklist and maybe treated to an exclusive listen of the album with headphones so they can't leak it.

A day later a preorder link to get some decent first week sales.

25's opening numbers -- 3.35M
it could drop 80% next week and another 60% the week after and it would still probably block Anti from the #1 spot

I honestly wonder if we would have had all this fuckery with rih if adele wasnt dominating like she is

RIP.

She'll hold all these records until the fall of the music industry. No one is ever defenestrating her.

Ok so then what are you saying? No-one cared enough to review it? Considering it went on to win a Grammy and that point of Gaga's career is frequently cited as changing the pop landscape I doubt that.

I don't see what Flopacritic not accurately recording reviews for an album has to do with it's quality.

Partition

Banned
Ok so then what are you saying? No-one cared enough to review it? Considering it went on to win a Grammy and that point of Gaga's career is frequently cited as changing the pop landscape I doubt that.

I don't see what Flopacritic not accurately recording reviews for an album has to do with it's quality.

I wasn't saying anything, other than her above average score on MC was hardly something to boast about when it has no reviews.

I feel like a substitute sitting on the sideline
Clicking every single finger waiting for the right time
I feel like a substitute sitting pretty in my prime
I'm about to play the game cause I'm running out of time

jOgyDdT.gif

The Flop

Banned
waiT at Jessica Jones on Netflix actually slaying me. It's giving me the life today I was hoping ANTi would. At least I still have Adele to bless my ears when I'm on my pc.

Mau ®;187045976 said:
I don't even care for Coldplay this era. They lost me with this Mylo Xyloto retreat.
yes

Just listened to the album. Not a single usable track.

That'll teach me to rely on white men for my pleasure, self-worth, and personal satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom