• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ugh why are all your faves so ugly

slay mama, WERQ

2wlvj15.gif

rhandino

Banned
Spotify's Year in Music (2015)

Top Five Artists in U.S.
1. Drake
2. The Weeknd
3. Kanye West
4. Ed Sheeran
5. Eminem

Top Five Males in U.S.
1. Drake
2. The Weeknd
3. Kanye West
4. Ed Sheeran
5. Eminem

Top Five Females in U.S.
1. Nicki Minaj
2. Beyoncé
3. Rihanna
4. Ariana Grande
5. Lana Del Rey

And in another interesting tidbit they revealed that Major Lazer’s "Lean On" (ft. MØ and DJ Snake) was not only the most streamed song of 2015, with over 540 million listens, but that it is now the most streamed song of all time.

Oh, and the year’s most streamed album was The Weeknd’s Beauty Behind the Madness, with 60 million listeners.

Abel won 2015.

5rMzDza.gif

Spotify's Year in Music (2015)

Top Five Artists in U.S.
1. Drake
2. The Weeknd

3. Kanye West
4. Ed Sheeran
5. Eminem

Top Five Males in U.S.
1. Drake
2. The Weeknd

3. Kanye West
4. Ed Sheeran
5. Eminem

Top Five Females in U.S.
1. Nicki Minaj
2. Beyoncé
3. Rihanna
4. Ariana Grande
5. Lana Del Rey
eBUF7Iu.gif

I don't see any of your fucking shitty faves up there y'all

rhandino

Banned
eBUF7Iu.gif

I don't see any of your fucking shitty faves up there y'all

1) Ed Sheeran, is now the most streamed artist of all time on Spotify, with more than 3 billion streams to date, and with over 59 million listeners this year.

2) The year’s most streamed female artist was Rihanna, with over 1 billion streams and 57 million listeners.

k3YNzkC.gif

SaintZ

Rolling Stone's 50 Best Albums of 2015

As the curtain falls on 2015, it might be hard to remember any albums released this year besides Adele's record-breaking, generation-uniting, triple-platinum-and-counting 25. But there was so much more to hear. Kendrick Lamar's Molotov-cocktail-tossing hip-hop, D'Angelo’s razor-sharp R&B and Kamasi Washington's restorative jazz all made major statements, feeling like three crucial dispatches from the #BlackLivesMatter protests under three black-and-white covers. Over on the pop charts, Halsey celebrated the "New Americana" (rhymes with "Biggie and Nirvana"), and some of 2015's best albums upended the old one: Upstart Chris Stapleton sang country songs like Sam Cooke, Jason Isbell made roots-rock that shouts out Sylvia Plath, and both Rhiannon Giddens and Bob Dylan took turns running the American songbook through their unique prisms. This year saw some fantastic releases from Rock & Roll Hall of Famers (Keith Richards, Don Henley, Darlene Love), along with a few strong returns from the alt-rock heroes of the Nineties (Blur, Sleater-Kinney, Wilco). R&B innovators like the Weeknd and Miguel walked a reverb-saturated lane into the future and past, while rappers like Drake, Future and Rae Sremmrurd brought cohesive, immediate statements for the Internet's insatiable now. Here are the 50 records that defined our year.

Did your fave make it?

Mine did: 12 Lana Del Rey, 'Honeymoon'

lanahairadany.gif

I aint typing all that but E·MO·TION made the list (48), Rebel Fart (45), Revival (43), Vulnicura (42), 25 (2).

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
flicking through that list I was
a) surprised that marilyn manson was still making music
b) kinda shocked that miguel had released an album. I thought he had some fans here, don't remember seeing much chatter about it

I'm going to a party tonight girls

I got my discount Morgan's Spiced from Tesco, £13 for 70cl

too bad I have to do so much coursework tomorrow :(

I know I'm not the only one
Who regrets the things they've done
Sometimes I just feel it's only me
Who can't stand the reflection that they see
I wish I could live a little more
Look up to the sky, not just the floor

xJxVVEy.gif

I feel like my life is flashing by
And all I can do is watch and cry
I miss the air, I miss my friends
I miss my mother; I miss it when
Life was a party to be thrown

xJxVVEy.gif

Floridian

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door.
Wishing you'd come sweepin' in the way you did before.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk, and I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.

xJxVVEy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Soneul ppeodeun geu sungan paran padocheoreom illeongineun neoran plue
Jeomjeom deo muldeuryeowa seonmyeonghi biccnaneun singiru
Love

Love is 4 walls
Neoro chaeun mirror mirror
Love is 4 walls
Sinbiroun miro miro

Areumdawo ooh- areumdawo ooh-

Sinbiroun miro

Song of 2015
xJxVVEy.gif

rhandino

Banned
As anyone who tried to stream 25 is already well aware, Adele isn't Spotify's biggest fan.

"It probably is the future, but, eh," she told Rolling Stone about her streaming thoughts. "There are kids I know who are, like, nine who don't even know what a f--king CD is! I've got my CDs out on display in my house just to prove a point. Maybe CDs will have a massive comeback like vinyl did. Actually I think cassettes, just to be a pain in the ass! [Laughs] I've got all my Destiny's Child cassettes!"

QsGhC28.gif

---

Also - Welcome back Rhandino sis!!
Hi there!
saw your post in that messy thread lol

pgXztaP.gif

Adele and Beyoncé are at least consistent in their reasoning re: streaming.

I can respect their "artistic" decision, even if it's financially motivated. The Aryan One, on the other hand, offers such a muddled and internally incongruous justification that I simply cannot with ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom