• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Janet delivered!!!

ImrR6FF.gif

Night is still going so hard on me, one of my fave songs released this year...

ImrR6FF.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
hm the alber slows down with/after Promise. The big bops are in the first half, but she has a nice balance of slow songs at the end
(i'm going to pretend Gon B Alright doesn't exist >_>)

Floridian

Gon B Alright bangs though.

Holy Trinity = Dammn Baby/Night/Black Eagle

Gonna give it a 2nd listen before i'll fully r8 it

RJM77

I think Well Traveled is kinda like her good bye to us, like she's moving on with the rest of her life.
I love Dammn Baby, The Great Forever, Shoulda Known Better, Night...I love all of it. It's so eclectic.

Floridian

Overall I'll give Unbreakable ; 8.5/10. I was kind of surprised in a good way by the lack of extremely short interludes between the tracklist. Janet's an expert at creating cohesive material with or without them. It's a bit more pop than R&B, but the production doesn't sound outdated. There were a few tracks that didn't really capture me but overall it was a great sign to let us know that Janet is back.

Top Tier;
Dammn Baby
Burnitup!
Night
No Sleeep
Dream Maker/Euphoria
Black Eagle
Gon B Alright
2 B Loved
Broken Hearts Heal
The Great Forever

Great Tier;
Unbreakable
Lessons Learned
Take Me Away
Promise
Well Traveled

Ok Tier;
Should've Known Better
After You Fall

TL;DR. M&M (Madonna & Mariah), lost this decade. The Jackson won.

QZU0ihY.gif

I didn't just come here to dance
If you know what I mean
Do you know what I mean
If you just give me a chance
You'd see what I see
Do you see what I see
Yf2MtSE.gif

It's your fault, baby boy cause you're the one that sparked this
Shine a light, with your eyes into me in the darkness
Yf2MtSE.gif

Hey Joe's calling me over
Tino's calling me over
I only came here for you
It's you boy, you in the corner
Something is taking me over
I only came here for you
Yf2MtSE.gif

[Verse 1]
I've got a cavern of secrets
None of them are for you
Even if you wanted to keep them
Where would you find the room?

Let down my guard tonight
I just don't care anymore
I've told a hundred lies
But I don't wanna tell you any at all

[Pre-Chorus]
And I can not control it
The way you're making me feel
And you have got me going
Spinning in circles 'round your warm blood

[Chorus]
Warm blood feels good, I can't control it anymore
Sweet one, you should stop me there but I keep on talking
I would throw in the towel for you, boy
Cause you lift me up and catch me when I'm falling for you

ImrR6FF.gif

i can't believe this bitch flopped so hard

Vazduh

I didn't expect this 'Danity Kane' fallout group 'Dumblonde' to catch me, but I've been hearing some heat from them recently. I've always been a fan of the other DK fallout Dawn, so I expected 'Dumblonde' to be horrible without her, but I'm impressed. Danity Kane really fucked up because Dumblonde and Dawn are release good, refreshing and interesting music and the DK3 album was good just un-mastered. What a shame. Even if they did ever decide to speak again (They won't) I won't be here for it.

Even though it's a shame what happened, in a way I feel it was for the better since both Dawn and dumblonde went on to make good music.

I also agree about dumblonde - I expected something sub-par without Dawn's involvement, but their release proves she wasn't the sole creative force in DK.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can we confirm Gaga has reached the winter of her career and all the upcoming "decent" material will probably be covers?

1 The Fame
2 The Fame Monster
3 Born This Way
4 ARTPOP
5 Cheek 2 Cheek

?

Cheek 2 Cheek is like the Vita un-numbered offshoot of the original canon. It don't count, though it is a great off-shoot.

I haven't listened to the song yet but I'm imagining it will destroy my life in a bit

Cheek 2 Cheek was catering to a completely different market (older people) tho. And let's not deny Tony Bennett his power. Sure there will be overlap but the average person who bought it will not be the average person who buys a Gaga pop album especially after ARTPOOP.

tumblr_nd9xoq7X6G1qzh4iso2_r1_250.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Cheek 2 Cheek was catering to a completely different market (older people) tho. And let's not deny Tony Bennett his power. Sure there will be overlap but the average person who bought it will not be the average person who buys a Gaga pop album especially after ARTPOOP.

tumblr_nd9xoq7X6G1qzh4iso2_r1_250.gif

Tony last album which came after C2C only sold 4k so where is his power?
20a93482e6.gif

rhandino

Banned
Tony Bennett is iconic, both Duets albums
the Viva Duets is not really that good but I enjoyed it, YMMV ofc
are a must listen tbh

Anyway, Cheek 2 Cheek was not that great. Mostly because the music was borderline uninspired and I really really really hated those terrible newspapers illustrations used for the singles / album... Ugh.

Get into the superior Tony Bennett collaboration with, RIP, Amy Winehouse Body and Soul.

Kito

There we go. A cover. Too many thirsty fans hyping over nothing; I felt like I was the only one who wasn't understanding any of the drama at all yesterday. New music info will come from Gaga and Gaga only.

There we go. A cover. Too many thirsty fans hyping over nothing; I felt like I was the only one who wasn't understanding any of the drama at all yesterday. New music info will come from Gaga and Gaga only.
It's still new Gaga tho. She sings on the track. Like Lana's cover of Once Upon A Dream was still "new Lana"

Sometimes covers are an artist's scorchiest slays.

See: Whitney, Sohyang, Adam Lambert

Gaga's cover is super interesting to me cus it's the first time we've heard her vocals on a pop song since she started singing differently (TIHTY doesn't count as that was Dope-esque in going for a specific sound). It sounds different but like her at the same time. Love it tbh

nnnn at your censorship

she's obsessed with gags lmao tho, she recently said in an interview that gaga asked her brother if she could collab with her and then her brother came out and said that gaga asked nothing of the sort

she can seethe
vSLsJmA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom