• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

I dare anyone who hasn't to watch Madonna: Truth Or Dare on Netflix and tell me that she isn't the most ambitious, intelligent, cut-throat pop star of them all. Letting gays feel their oats decades before any mainstream pop act gave them the time of day. Such an icon <3

vgHFdjK.gif

WaiT, is this true?
Honeymoon had the fourth highest first week sales worldwide by a female artist in 2015 selling over 206,000 copies, only behind Adele's 25, Madonna's Rebel Heart, and Meghan Trainor's Title.[
That's... not too bad if it's true. Slay a bit Lana, but this is from Wikipedia so idk

rhandino

Banned
WaiT, is this true?

That's... not too bad if it's true. Slay a bit Lana, but this is from Wikipedia so idk
She also has the biggest 2nd week drop only beaten by Madonna's MDNA. Oops!

The album also sold less than Ultraviolence (UV at 356K first week vs HM at 206,000 first week).

She need to do something ASAP and promote her music more because the decline is real and she is now facing competition from a new generation of Tumblr and Soundcloud hews.

She also has the biggest 2nd week drop only beaten by Madonna MDNA. Oops!

The album also sold less than Ultraviolence (UV at 356K first week vs HM at 206,000 first week).

She need to do something ASAP and promote her music more because the decline is so real and she is now facing competition from a new generation of Tumblr and Soundcloud hews.
let's not pretend like every other pop girl that released last year didn't sell like shit. Selena, Demi, Ellie, etc. All had radio hits and promo and sold like shit.

Lana's not going to do BTD numbers ever again, things are different now and she doesn't even care because her label puts no pressure on her apparently. Hews like Ellie and whatever keep selling their souls to satan only to flop completely when they release.

Nasser

The impact and power Britney Spears has been missing since 2008

Beyoncé still hasn't had a #1 hit this decade. Still no diamond album. Still no iconic moments. Still no high school education.

Also Britney's debut album (ONE ALBUM) sold more than Beyonce's entire discography. If Beyoncé was that more successful than Britney she would've sold more albums in her career. Case closed.

tumblr_nahx2b4wSw1rfduvxo1_400.gif

Nasser

Okay but Britney is dead inside

Thank you bringing that up. Here's the tea about Britney

People that try to drag Britney's current state are so lame. She achieved a level of fame and success at such a young age that barely anyone can reach. Her biggest moments in her career were because of her doing and her handlers have always tried to control her and stifled her and her creativity. She hasn't put any effort into her released works since 2007 (She doesn't want to anymore) and now she just craves a simple normal life of with her children. No one can blame her for losing her passion for music! Doing exactly that is very normal for Britney. As someone who has gone through hell basically. However, she is not to blame for the breakdown of her career.

Seems like people like to forget the trauma her situation must have caused on her and why she does minimal media now.

anyways, yall remember when Beyoncé landed the biggest gig of her career narrating a Britney Spears documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEh-0uaoeQw

Anyway-GIF-2015.gif

I've got a cavern of secrets
None of them are for you
Even if you wanted to keep them
Where would you find the room?
Let down my guard tonight
I just don't care anymore
I've told a hundred lies
But I don't wanna tell you any at all

And I can not control it
The way you're making me feel
And you have got me going
Spinning in circles 'round your warm blood

Warm blood feels good, I can't control it anymore
Sweet one, you should stop me there but I keep on talking
I would throw in the towel for you, boy
Cause you lift me up and catch me when I'm falling for you

yas-bitch-yas-gif.gif

botty

Banned
Beyoncé still hasn't had a #1 hit this decade. Still no diamond album. Still no iconic moments. Still no high school education.

Also Britney's debut album (ONE ALBUM) sold more than Beyonce's entire discography. If Beyoncé was that more successful than Britney she would've sold more albums in her career. Case closed.

tumblr_nahx2b4wSw1rfduvxo1_400.gif

Nothing more embarrassing than stans that are stuck in the past. Fitting you used a Mariah gif to close out this delusional post.

Do you know where an artist makes most of their money? Endorsements, touring, and royalties. You do realize that Britney's last tour couldn't even pass 100m grossed, right? Beyonce's last two tours have done over 100m. Remind me again what was Britney's last major endorsement? The now CANCELLED X-factor? A flop song that no one bought to a flop movie that no one saw...which she also has NO writing credits on? Beyonce has done the Super Bowl, Major Pepsi endorsement, and H&M.

Let me also remind you that Beyonce runs her own entertainment company, while Britney does not even control her own life.

Not BAD for someone without a high school degree!

2QO69vQ.gif

Nasser

Nothing more embarrassing than stans that are stuck in the past. Fitting you used a Mariah gif to close out this delusional post.

Do you know where an artist makes most of their money? Endorsements, touring, and royalties. You do realize that Britney's last tour couldn't even pass 100m grossed, right? Beyonce's last two tours have done over 100m. Remind me again what was Britney's last major endorsement? The now CANCELLED X-factor? A flop song that no one bought to a flop movie that no one saw...which she also has NO writing credits on? Beyonce has done the Super Bowl, Major Pepsi endorsement, and H&M.

Let me also remind you that Beyonce runs her own entertainment company, while Britney does not even control her own life.

2QO69vQ.gif

It's ok to talk about Britney's accomplishments even if they happened "in the past" cause it doesn't mean they never happened. but bey still hasn't had a #1 hit this decade. Still no diamond album. Still no iconic moments. Still no high school education... past or present

tumblr_mlqr4cp4uV1r2u8vyo8_400.gif

botty

Banned
It's ok to talk about Britney's accomplishments even if they happened "in the past" cause it doesn't mean they never happened. but bey still hasn't had a #1 hit this decade. Still no diamond album. Still no iconic moments. Still no high school education... past or present

tumblr_mlqr4cp4uV1r2u8vyo8_400.gif

Who cares?

This is your central argument:
If Beyoncé was that more successful than Britney she would've sold more albums in her career.

This statement is factually incorrect since Britney lacks credits on the majority of her discography, meaning she doesn't make as much as Beyonce does per album and song sold. Also, like I said, touring, endorsements, and royalties are where an artist makes most of their money.

Now if we're measuring success as who sold the most albums and songs, then yes Britney Spears has won, congrats. However, if we are measuring success by who has made the most money, has more longevity, has more critical acclaim, has better touring box office, has more better movie box office, has better business deals, etc... then Beyonce wins hands down.

But, again, if we're talking about who was used more a vehicle to make Swedish white men richer, then your queen of pop has won with flying colors.

Sorry, I didn't realize that Britney being buried in Vegas for years because her last album was a rotting pile of unfinished, uninspired, generic garbage that sucked the last bit of soul she had left in that decaying corpse and managed to undo all of her previous accomplishments was more iconic to you. Do you I guess.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sorry, I didn't realize that Britney being buried in Vegas for years because her last album was a rotting pile of unfinished, uninspired, generic garbage that sucked the last bit of soul she had left in that decaying corpse and managed to undo all of her previous accomplishments was more iconic to you. Do you I guess.

Don't forget she didn't even sing most of her previous album lol.

Nasser

Literally what kind of mess &#128528;

Hello POPGAF. I'm the Carly Rae stan with the heavily postered wall which was very creepily and secretly photographed by Jeff Zero a while back. Finally got my account approved!

Beyonce knowing the tea from the beginning, insightful Queen.

Jnqgdh7.gif

And hew is Teairra Marí? Let me check ha...

giphy.gif

Here I was watching Love and Hip Hop Hollywood all this time having no idea Teairra Marie had an actual shot at the bigtime... looks like she flopped hard.

To be fair though, I also wrote off Rihanna as a one-hit wonder when Pon de Replay came out. I have the absolute worst eye for long-lasting talent.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Hello POPGAF. I'm the Carly Rae stan with the heavily postered wall which was very creepily and secretly photographed by Jeff Zero a while back. Finally got my account approved!

And I am the JeffZero who creepily and secretly photographed coopermidnight's wall.

Welcome to NeoGAF.

Floridian

WHEW @ Yeezy dropping another album potentially before Rih.

ANTI & Swish being released so close to each other would make me freak out.

Hello. Welcome to the thread. Who are your favorite pop artists?
I'm very lazy with discovering music, so my tastes are pretty narrow (especially with pop music). Other than CRJ, I like Gaga but I don't really follow her. That's about it as far as recent, recognizable names go. The majority of the pop in my collection is from the 80s, 90s, and early 00s.

I'm a little bit into kpop thanks to a friend of mine and buy everything new from BESTie, Wonder Girls, and Crayon Pop. After lurking in this thread long enough, I tried out f(x)'s recent album and liked it.

Welcome! We need more people here who stan talent
Try not to get banned.
And welcome.
Thank you!

2QO69vQ.gif
yl6kB3p.gif

B-Dex

Kiiiiiiiiiiii screaming. They had to replace the champagne glasses with plastic ones after the Farrah Abraham scandal last season of CBB.
Also New York standing up for the gays.

The Flop

Banned
Kiiiiiiiiiiii screaming. They had to replace the champagne glasses with plastic ones after the Farrah Abraham scandal last season of CBB.
Also New York standing up for the gays.

New York is the HBIC, she should win. And slay a biT Farrah and her impacT.

tumblr_o0iblhP3tO1qave47o2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom