• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come through Gaga Intel collaboration that will probably be nothing! It's probably way too early for her music to debut at that point so I dunno what I'm expecting.

So exciteeeeeee

rhandino

Banned
I think the girls are more comfortable releasing new material now after ADELE and Beaver decided to nuke every other "effort" that tried iT last year.

percheD for this new eras, even more if we get a rihpeat of what happened during the Roar vs Applause days.

wd72lze.gif

Frodo

Can we stop the flop talk and talk about Real Music™ for a second?

I came across this little EP by Chet Faker (who?) and Marcus Marr (excuse me?) the other day, and as it happens it has quite a nice and interesting sound. Good beats with a nice soulful voice complimenting each other, in chilled, striped back, electronic, pop tracks. A quick Google search told me that the whole affair was recorded in just 4 days, and it still manages to sound better than your fave's complete output on the last decade. Even you with your bad taste in music and your preference for the pedestrian can enjoy it. Give it a click:

And since I know I can't lure you into listening to it only by stating it is good music: get into some Aussie bearded goodness, if that is your thing, POPGAF:

0002357711_10.jpg

(Smoking is bad for you, POPGAF. Don't do it, you are putting Satan's little penis in your mouth)

There is also a side of Britishness flavoured beard too:

Marcus-Marr-Chet-Faker-landscape-Willy-Ward-2-720x450.jpg

Enjoy!

rhandino

Banned
Can we stop the flop talk and talk about Real Music™ for a second?

I came across this little EP by Chet Faker (who?) and Marcus Marr (excuse me?) the other day, and as it happens it has quite a nice and interesting sound. Good beats with a nice soulful voice complimenting each other, in chilled, striped back, electronic, pop tracks. A quick Google search told me that the whole affair was recorded in just 4 days, and it still manages to sound better than your fave's complete output on the last decade. Even you with your bad taste in music and your preference for the pedestrian can enjoy it. Give it a click:

And since I know I can't lure you into listening to it only by stating it is good music: get into some Aussie bearded goodness, if that is your thing, POPGAF:

0002357711_10.jpg

(Smoking is bad for you, POPGAF. Don't do it, you are putting Satan's little penis in your mouth)

There is also a side of Britishness flavoured beard too:

Marcus-Marr-Chet-Faker-landscape-Willy-Ward-2-720x450.jpg

Enjoy!
LOL

Let me check them rn

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The BBC's Sound of 2016 winner gets announced tomorrow! Previous winners include: Years & Years, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Haim, Jessie J and Adele

They've already announced the runners up, and for the first time ever there has been a tie for 5th place. There are tracks by each of them in their links.

2. Aleissa Cara
p03985m3.jpg

3. NAO
p03ds2tt.jpg

4. Blossoms
p03dpg18.jpg

=5. Mura Masa
p03djw89.jpg

=5. WSTRN
p03djwp4.jpg

Here's a link to the playlist with a 2 tracks from each of the 15 nominees this year
Spotify

ghstwrld

bohkKoD.jpg

“My fans are giving me shit every day,” he says. “Like, ‘Where the f--- is your music? You’ve been at it for months. Give us something.’ ” It’s around 9 p.m. the Monday after Thanksgiving, and the 22-year-old is indeed about to give up something, though not to his adoring public -- they’ll have to wait for a solo album due early this spring on RCA.

[...]

“I genuinely enjoyed [the band] and did whatever I could to be myself within that, but it’s just not where I sit as a musician,” he says. “The other boys’ taste was generally indie rock. It’s good music, but I don’t f--- with it. That was never cool where I was from.”

[...]

Looking ahead to his debut LP -- and the much-fretted-over hiatus that 1D intends to begin in March -- Malik downplays any rivalry between himself and his old mates. “There are no sides to pick,” he says. “We’re not going head-to-head.”

Still, Malik’s not sure he’ll have “four friends for life,” as he wrote when he quit. “The truth of it is,” he says carefully, “you can think one thing about a situation and the total opposite can happen. I had every intention of remaining friends with everybody, but I guess certain phone numbers have changed and I haven’t received calls from a lot of people. I’ve reached out to a few of them and not got a reply. Certain people have pride issues, but it’s stuff you overcome in time.”

get into the rest

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Nobody care for the new Sia song? Called Reaper
Don't really have an opinion on i tbh, just more of sia

We could be caught
(I... just... want this to be perfect)
We're both convicted criminals of thought
('cause I'm....... broken)
Let's white (by the one before) glove the bed
(He was kinda nasty)
Help me here
(And I feel so trashy)
'Cause we can't hide the evidence in our heads

Heard your boyfriend was away this weekend
Wanna meet at my place?
Heard that we both got nothing to do
When I lay in bed I touch myself and I think of you

tumblr_nvlk2wTsGT1qcgl1no1_250.gif

Last night
Damn you were in my sex dreams
(You were in my...)
Doing really nasty things
(You were in my dreams)
Damn you were in my sex dreams
(You were in my...)
Making love in my sex dreams

I don't like how Sia keeps releasing songs before the album release. Shouldn't she have released Alive later than she originally released it with a promo single closer to the album release?
I mean wouldn't it be better to surprise your listeners rather than show them everything before the album release?

The Flop

Banned
I don't like how Sia keeps releasing songs before the album release. Shouldn't she have released Alive later than she originally released it with a promo single closer to the album release?
I mean wouldn't it be better to surprise your listeners rather than show them everything before the album release?

Sia is just following the new trend that others have used. With each release you get more people to hear the album before it's out, and it gets them back up the iTunes charts.

Either way, slay me Sia.

Meier

Does anyone have any new info on Sky Ferreira's next album? Is there a rough release date other than just this year?

MrV4ltor

So what are the chances of Gaga winning the Golden Globe this weekend. I want to belieeeeeve.

I think Variety and some other news outlets are predicting a win for her. Indiewire also predicts that she'll be nominated for an Oscar for TIHTY as the frontrunner and the Academy actually posted the article on their website lol
2016 isn't going to be that great for Gaga haters.

Matt_

Fetty Wap remix of Same Old Love
not sure why shes trying it with SOL when Hands to Myself just got a video
not sure why anyone would get Fetty Wap for a verse anyway. Cannot understand a word

I think Variety and some other news outlets are predicting a win for her. Indiewire also predicts that she'll be nominated for an Oscar for TIHTY as the frontrunner and the Academy actually posted the article on their website lol
2016 isn't going to be that great for Gaga haters.
It will be when LG5 comes out and it's garbage
ZOY268v.gif

Floridian

Beyonce is a guest performer for the 2016 halftime superbowl show

Beyoncé will join Coldplay in performing at halftime of Super Bowl 50, reports Entertainment Tonight.

Though no further details are revealed, the pop icon will reportedly perform along with the British rockers at the break of the NFL’s title game. Beyoncé previously headlined halftime of Super Bowl XLVII in 2013, with her former group Destiny’s Child emerging alongside her to perform older hits.

Beyoncé features on Coldplay’s latest album, A Head Full of Dreams, on the track “Hymn for the Weekend,” as Entertainment Tonight points out. It’s unclear whether the two acts will perform together or separately, but given the Super Bowl’s history of surprise and collaborative performances, it could certainly be on the table.

Might as well Promote HFTW now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom