• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep mishearing a lyric in Sia's Broken Glass and it's killing me.

Actual lyric: So don't give up it's just young lovers' romance

What I hear: So don't give up it's just your lover's warm ass

tumblr_o1jdcoNkco1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

3phemeral

Some cute tracks but nothing I love on first listen aside from Move Your Body. Everything else just suffers from either sounding like an awkward Sia or something Sia-lite. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Initial Rating:
2.5/5

1. Bird Set Free - Sounds like half-baked Sia (Xtina?)
  2. Alive - Growing on me but very (1k FoF Sia)
  3. One Million Bullets - Kinda like; might grow on me (No idea)
  4. Move Your Body - Love (W H O rejected this?!) I agree; it sounds very Shakira.
  5. Unstoppable - Like (1k FoF Sia)
  6. Cheap Thrills - (Very Rihanna but like, generic, lazy Rihanna/Alexis Jordan?)
  7. Reaper - Cute (isn't really typical Jessie J sound but I can hear her singing it/Ivy Levan too, but I doubt she even knows ha)
  8. House On Fire - Meh (maybe Katy Perry)
  9. Footprints - Meh (1k FoF Sia)
  10. Sweet Design - Meh (Very DIL Beyonce, maybe Rita Ora?)
  11. Broken Glass - Meh (I can hear Celine singing this)
  12. Space Between - Maybe a grower (I can only imagine Adele but definitely doesn't sound like she would)
  13. Fist Fighting A Sandstorm - Cute pre-chorus but verses/chorus are fairly lackluster (sounds very Demi Lovato to me at the chorus)
  14. Summer Rain - Another meh track (No idea)
Takeaways:
  • Move Your Body (clearly the best thing about this album)
  • Unstoppable
  • Alive is all right in contrast to the other tracks
  • Space Between
  • One Million Bullets
Granted, these are all rejected tracks but I was hoping Sia would attempt some tweak that breathed some "Sia life" into them but I feels mostly hollow.

uuwo47j.gif
/5

3phemeral

Mau ®;193333725 said:
We know Cheap Thrills, Alive and Reaper were rejected by Rihanna, as confirmed by Sia herself.
I figured there may have been info about what was rejected by whom but I decided to determine that by her sonic direction. :) I suppose Alive is very "Diamonds," but Diamonds is also pretty "Sia." That being the case, I'm not surprised why they were rejected.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm expecting this friday tbh
I wonder what direction she'll go with the new single, or do you think she'll just let radio decide whatever they want to play and roll with that? Not like shes going to have much time to film a video, unless shes already got one to go

Mau ®

I'm expecting this friday tbh
I wonder what direction she'll go with the new single, or do you think she'll just let radio decide whatever they want to play and roll with that? Not like shes going to have much time to film a video, unless shes already got one to go

The next single is "Work" (featuring Drake). She shot a video two weeks ago. It sounds like a tropical/caribbean "Hotline Bling" from the small snippet we heard.

Mau ®

I don't think it'll be a full TIDAL exclusive. Coldplay had a TIDAL contract that was the same as Rihanna's and their album was sold on the same regular channels. It was streaming exclusive to TIDAL for a week, and the service also had an exclusive tour ticket sale. That was it.

Not sure I'm catching the appeal of "Move Your Body" at least not the same way you all have. Yeah it definitely sounds like a Shakira reject but it also sounds like every house-pop dance song from 2011. That ooooooh-a-a-ahh hook is the safest bet in modern pop music, for all its likability.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;193338138 said:
The next single is "Work" (featuring Drake). She shot a video two weeks ago. It sounds like a tropical/caribbean "Hotline Bling" from the small snippet we heard.

Im such a twat
Not only did I know all of what you said I've even listened to the snippet :rip
thanks though

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;193334433 said:
Rhat says ANTi is dropping "super soon"

CZpG2X6WIAEiHHr.jpg

She also liked a post hinting at something happening this Friday

catturak6unh.png

Her first soon was last year, Super soon means 6 months?

Touchdown

Banned
don't get disappointed though when we already have heard a few of her already released singles

bitch better have my money
fourfiveseconds
american oxygen

tumblr_o1jdcoNkco1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Frodo

So, that B.o.B. diss track got me to listen Mariah's Obssesed (also a diss track, if you are not aware). The track is trash, but that music video is gold.

Mariah is a nice looking boy.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;193354551 said:
Not only is "FourFiveSeconds" the best ANTi single, it's also one of her best songs ever.
Not a single lie spotted.

I was lukewarm to it at first but is such a chill song that I cant help but love it.

Zutroy

FourFiveSeconds is meh. I don't mind when it comes on but I'd never actively play it.

It wouldn't make a top 20 Rihanna tracks for me.

BBHMM shits though. More like that please RiRi.

Vazra

Mau ®;193359495 said:
Charli is actually a big fan of it :eli:

She's actually a big fan of the Rhat :eli:

All your faves seem to love her :eli:

I stopped hating on BBHMM like a week after tho. The other singles are trash tho and stay perched for Kiss It Better.

And depriving yourself of one of the few good songs on that alber. Mess.

Let ha know

So do what you want
What you want with my body
Do what you want
Don't stop, let's party
Do what you want
Do what you want

Write what you want
Say what you want 'bout me
If you’re wondering
Know that I'm not sorry

Do what you want

You can't have my heart
And you won't use my mind but
Do what you want (with my body)
Do what you want with my body
You can't stop my voice cause
You don't own my life but
bballtwerk.gif

Touchdown

Banned
This is offtopic from Rih's impending slayage but -

I'm tired of all these damn "best of" lists having Nirvana as number one. Nirvana is so overrated and their music wasn't even that good. Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of THE most overrated songs of all time. Tbh Nirvana's music was more boring than even something Lana could muster so bye

821f30f9cf.gif

I'm tired of all these damn "best of" lists having Nirvana as number one. Nirvana is so overrated and their music wasn't even that good. Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of THE most overrated songs of all time. Tbh Nirvana's music was more boring than even something Lana could muster so bye

821f30f9cf.gif

I won't argue against Nirvana being influential, but jesus fucking christ they were boring as shit. Thank the good lord that gangsta rap was already on the come-up because it gave me something to listen to as a child.

Vazra

821f30f9cf.gif

Remember if you are white, young and famous and die automatically your shit goes into the best territory. I don't discredit Nirvana cause they have some good songs but I feel if Kurt were still alive the band wouldn't be as big as it is now for the internet culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom