• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Selena...
You gotta be more specific. For a second I thought they had made another dead celebrity hologram.

alcbys6.gif

I always skip Pretend, How Many Times and Thug Cry tbh. Trash.

At least she seems to have better features his time around.

Thug Cry is great though. How Many Times would be perfect if Future wasn't on the track. He fit well with Rihanna on Loveee Song, but not on How Many Times.

Wait,you're still seething over Daydream!!! ;alskdj;lskjf Yes poor Daydream with it's 3 number one songs and a number two, and it's diamond selling status certified platinum in at least 10 different countries. Local indeed. Your embarrassing attempts to drag one of the great albums of all time is truly tragic. I feel so sorry for you. 20 years later and your faves still can't beat it.

I was looking at them soundscan reciepts... Britney clocked two top 30 albers. Christina even clocked a top 40 for her debut. I use to wonder why Mariah was so pressed about her, but it makes sense now. Where was Mariah? Not even in the top 50, but be proud of her. It's an accomplishment to show up in the top 100. Truly when will other people's faves.

cory64

I was looking at them soundscan reciepts... Britney clocked two top 30 albers. Christina even clocked a top 40 for her debut. I use to wonder why Mariah was so pressed about her, but it makes sense now. Where was Mariah? Not even in the top 50, but be proud of her. It's an accomplishment to show up in the top 100. Truly when will other people's faves.
66. Janet Jackson – janet. – 7,041,206
N/A. Madonna - Ray of Light - 4,359,000

mess

True Blue sold better than Control, then RN1814 crushed Like A Prayer and janet. absolutely destroyed Erotica. Ray of Light sold better than Velvet Rope and then Music and AFY were tied. So for the 5 eras that they were direct rivals in the US, Janet had 2 big wins and a tie while Madonna had 2 soft wins and a tie.

Touchdown

Banned

I know you were looking at those soundscan receipts. Fact: Mariah is the best selling female recording artist of the soundscan era - 1991 to today. Madonna is not. Mariah is. SEETHE SIS

edb11fc758.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
voguing and vicky vox in magic mike xxl
colour me surprised
5593eb39fa1d030e0ac6a51f_ct-vogue.gif

Ayyyyye, Gaga's been getting all this generous press in the past few months. All these people on the set of AHS saying she's the sweetest person ever, that she's killing it, etc. And then all these accolades for no real goddamn reason, fashion partnerships kicked into high gear..

She's so ready to snatch 2016. People are itching for the comeback now. I hope hope hope hope LG5 is a juggernaut. She has a path to the top again and she just needs to keep to it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
sounds like a 5h reject
over that production style now

Vazduh

It's OVER

Annie won.

Sle.

What I also love about her is that she always takes time to reply to fans' comments on Facebook, even when there are dozens of them in a single post, and not only on her official site, but also her personal profile.

Icon!

Ayyyyye, Gaga's been getting all this generous press in the past few months. All these people on the set of AHS saying she's the sweetest person ever, that she's killing it, etc. And then all these accolades for no real goddamn reason, fashion partnerships kicked into high gear..

She's so ready to snatch 2016. People are itching for the comeback now. I hope hope hope hope LG5 is a juggernaut. She has a path to the top again and she just needs to keep to it.
apart from Grace Jones, who yesterday said she met her and Gaga "had no soul" or something. fucking lol

uh huh, sure jan

I mean you can say what you want and think what you want of people but you don't have to be mean about it, and grace brings it up ALL the time

Yeah Grace has it out for ha. No doubt Gaga's inspired by Grace, but damn girl. All these legacy artists suddenly getting snobbish about younger folks channeling their shit, as if they didn't do the same when they were younger. It's a never-ending cycle.

Matt_

Grace needs to take several seats
She may be talented and have a great career behind her, but just like Madonna (not so much recently though) it is incredibly obvious and sad that she has to invoke Gaga's name in order to drum up a modicum of interest in her endeavours.
mariah-shades.gif

Accept the fact you are a legacy act with a bit of class.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah Grace has it out for ha. No doubt Gaga's inspired by Grace, but damn girl. All these legacy artists suddenly getting snobbish about younger folks channeling their shit, as if they didn't do the same when they were younger. It's a never-ending cycle.

hmm but i thought gaga was a true artiste who is forging her own never-before-trodden path
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

Gags should follow Grace's example and not be afraid to call vapid, talentless trash what it is.

You can't trash talk a pretty girl with big tits unless you're also a pretty girl with big tits. Otherwise, you'll just be designated a classless jealous shrew. I learned this from Twitter

hmm but i thought gaga was a true artiste who is forging her own never-before-trodden path
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

Lol, no one creates in a vacuum sis. Every single musician has incorporated the idols they grew up with into their music. Grace and Gags are no different.

rhandino

Banned
Grace Jones legacy + impact in pop culture + influence in a lot of our faves careers gives her Carte blanche to trash talk any poptart under the sun...

EVQ8KTi.gif

DOWN

Banned

Eh, Hollywood Reporter gives her a positive nod with consideration for what the character is so far
Lady Gaga, effectively stepping in for Jessica Lange, has gotten most of the early publicity for her extended acting debut. After an hour, it remains to be seen how Gaga will handle extended dialogue or emotional volatility, but she's initially just being asked to embody a visual conceit, which she does convincingly. She struts in high fashion with confidence, she does near-nudity without self-consciousness and she has a feral resemblance to Nosferatu star Max Schreck, which might seem accidental except that several characters attend a cemetery screening of the F.W. Murnau classic.

Ebert writer liked the sequence with her too
It’s kind of like watching someone try to turn a Lady Gaga video into a narrative.

And so it makes perfect sense that Murphy and company hired Mama Monster herself to play The Countess Elizabeth, the mysterious woman in charge of the Cortez, aided by her partner Donovan (Matt Bomer). The second act consists almost entirely of Gaga and Bomer picking up a couple, taking them back to the hotel for a graphic foursome, and, well, I won’t spoil it, but the whole thing is set to “Tear You Apart” by She Wants Revenge for a reason. No dialogue, pure imagery and music—and it’s the best thing about the premiere.

Sounds early to judge when she hasn't had much more than visual intros so far

bbd23

theres a new kisses album coming out this week !

Kids in LA and The Heart of The Nightlife were both very good.

Mau ®

Rihanna will unveil the R8 artwork at an art gallery exhibit in LA

@GerrickKennedy: Invitation to preview artwork #R8 just hit my inbox. Rih is really doing a gallery viewing of album art. Slayed rn.

True ARTPOP.

Touchdown

Banned
Let us not forget Glitter exists gurls.

Glitter slayed a bit tbh. On the first weekend of its release, Glitter was the eleventh highest grossing film, grossing an estimate of $2,414,596. The movie itself is cute and worth a watch just for the soundtrack.

acdhCl3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom