• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azealia hyping up a release date and failing to follow through.

I am flabbergasted.

tumblr_nupnldIuzV1rb4wfpo1_r1_400.gif

rhandino

Banned
I decided to listen that Zendaya song that feature Fist Brown... god, are all these girls so afraid of fame and success? Because I can't see any other reason to have a collaboration with him.

HiF9WJw.gif

anytime you need...to talk?

tumblr_nupnldIuzV1rb4wfpo1_r1_400.gif

Anyway...I've come around on Formation. After sitting back and taking that video in, I now see it for the Significant Moment™ that it is. It, like Self-Titled, is something that only she could do because its power emanates from the person making the statement.

And kii @ Rihanna momentarily poking her head out of whatever Barbadian dugout she's been sleeping in for the past three years only to have Beyonce snatcH all the attention away from her with a single unlisted YouTube video.

Beyonce is a genius and we must simply deal.

Gaga's National Anthem was just breathtaking. Yay Gaga! Her voice is getting so much better, and it's quite remarkable. I just hope she isn't building up all this hype to have us be letdown by a basic album. I want her to impress and remind me of why I fell in love with her music when she came onto the scene. She is such an amazing individual, and I wish she would stop wasting her talent on trash songs. But, tbh, no matter what, I'm a monster for life. I believe in loyalty... except when it came to that jazz album, I ain't touching that ever. But, I will always be here for her pop albums.

And, I have to say that Beyonce's Formation is just everything right now. The video and the song both are just so great. I already watched the video three times today, which is something I don't do often. I'm a white guy from the south, but I appreciate what she is doing. She has feelings on a subject that she feels strongly about, and I think she showed it in the best way possible. The video is really well done, and I really like the song. It's tons better than anything on Anti, even Kiss It Better which I think is the best thing on Rihanna's album. I'm interested in hearing what the other songs from this Beyonce era are going to sound like. So far I'm impressed. Go Bey!

Zara Larsson released 4 different versions of the Lush Life music video each in a different style (pop, dance, country, acoustic). You can change the styles while the video is playing.
clinique-1-600x600.jpg

This better be the song of the summer tbh
I have to say that I love all the versions of Lush Life. I think it's so cool that she did 4 different versions of the song. The acoustic version was my favorite, so beautiful. I really hope that Zara makes it big in the US. Lush Life is such a feel good song, and Zara is super talented. I think Zara is amazing, and I really need a full album (not an EP) from her soon. Love her.

Mau ®

Gaga over Rih? Nah.

You need to take off your stan glasses for a minute bruh. A year ago I'd agree with you but today Gaga is rapidly ganing back relevance and respect across all demos, meanwhile Rih just released a lukewarm alberm that will hopefully spawn a quick little hit or two. No one is gonna remember "Work" come summer. :sorry:

Floridian

Mau ®;194576036 said:
You need to take off your stan glasses for a minute bruh. A year ago I'd agree with you but today Gaga is rapidly ganing back relevance and respect across all demos, meanwhile Rih just released a lukewarm alberm that will hopefully spawn a quick little hit or two. No one is gonna remember "Work" come summer. :sorry:

Lukewarm? I'd say it was well critically more received than just that. And even without the album, you should realize that her discography from albums 3-7 alone are more than well suitable for a superbowl performance. Gaga is doing well but you guys are putting her up too high on a pedestal so prematurely.The chances of her headlining soon when she just did a national anthem are very slim.

Gaga can actually sing really well live though.
Katy headlined last year. It's not just a "singing" factor, especially live.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't know who should do it but they should get Queen on as a special guest

Yeah I do agree that the most likely contenders for next year Halftime performance would either be RiRi of Gaga

Loved Coldplay this year, their performances are well suited for stadiums and perfect way to end. Their songs are atmospheric and chilled awesome

The dance off with Honey B and Bruno was fun to watch 😂

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Actually it should be Gaga with Nile Rogers, especially if shes going that way

edit; its more likely we'll get Justin Timberlake though
who if he has any decency will invite Janet on with him

Matt_

I generally agree with the majority of this, but I cannot believe the writer called Uptown Funk a little known track

Delia Rivera Jouppi
I thought the show was really good until she came out. She was underdressed and dancing like Miley Cyrus. But then again I am Fifty and have seen the real musicians perform and not have to rely on their trashy outfits and trashy dancing to get them praises of their performances.
Charlotte James ·
The show was great except for vulgar, trashy Beyonce. Even her fishnets had a hole in them. She was an eyesore to an otherwise amazing show. She kept missing her steps. Horrible.
Nigel E. Krofta ·
Coldplay actually plays music and can sing.
Bruno Mars is trying to bring back disco.
and Beyonce is trying to start a race war.

Coldplay for the win.

other than that the show sucked. a white dude singing about diversity and unity with flowers, a black group who look like the Black panthers, and a "black" woman inciting hate against the "albino alligators" and bragging about how "i slay"

the whole thing was diversity propaganda racial rubbish.

as expected

MrV4ltor

Gaga or JLo should do the Haftime show next. Gaga could get Queen, Elton or some other legend to get on stage with her.
And JLo is just an amazing live performer herself, so I couldn't give two fucks about who she invites on stage.

Gaga did good. A little too theatrical for my tastes, though, but again, a pretty good showcase for her voice.

That would be the polite way to put it. Good on the sis for opening up for Beyonce. Everyone has to start somewhere.

nwLKILF.png

what's this guy's name do any of the straights here know

lol. Think that's Mario Adison... at least that looks like his beard.

Best part of the night was seeing Janelle Monae and Mark Ronson getting their shine. kii at pepsi bringing out that old bitch madonna on Gaga's big night. Janelle killed it. Where do I sign up for her to get the next halftime show?

If Rihanna had better representation, she'd have been performing last night. She did have that spat with CBS and TNF a few months back. She should fire her whole team like Beyonce supposedly did. Then again they did get her that samsung deal. Proabably the main reason Beyonce fired her team.

Too bad Coldplay's sound never matured beyond ARoBttH. The flower power set design was cute being in the City and all.

Yado

Does the GP consider Rihanna to be an entertaining live performer?

AZEALIABANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 9h9 hours ago
Hey Babies, So management has decided that "The Big Big Beat" is BIG, and they want to wait a week and give it a PROPER release!

This bitch
R9lrKca.gif

rhandino

Banned
performing what, exactly? isn't the point of the half-time show to entertain people? half a verse from anything on anti and half the stadium would have walked.
Are we going to entertain the notion that Robyn Rihanna Fenty doesn't have stadium anthems or hits that would make the public explode?

yqPONwo.gif

performing what, exactly? isn't the point of the half-time show to entertain people? half a verse from anything on anti and half the stadium would have walked.

are we pretending the sis doesn't have a catalog of number ones? Somebody liked them songs, actually alot of people liked them songs.

Frodo

So, judging by the reactions (and Uptown Funk) I assume I don't need to be bothered to watch the half time show?

Having the hits doesn't mean you're known for putting on a good show.

tbh. If Rihanna had Madonna's unstoppable will and determination and the love for her art and how to deliver it with perfection, nothing would stop her. But she seems okay with being... just okay.

rhandino

Banned
Having the hits doesn't mean you're known for putting on a good show.
She is obviously not Beyonce, Madonna or Bruno Mars but if you have the right songs with the right production to back them up you could put a hell of a show.

Anyway, next year is most likely going to be Lady Gaga if this new era of her ends up being her Emancipation of Mimi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom